Post Thanks / Like
    I just used this product for the first time last nite 6/20/02 Man is this stuff thick it`s more like glue than a gel. To me application was not very easy, "like i said it`s thick like glue" it`s very hard to get an even coat without using a very very thick application

I let the gel sit on the tires overnite. This morning i buffed off the tires and they now have a nice satin finish, about as shiny as tires with unbuffed Vinylex on them. I`ll see how they hold up after a wash or too.

If you like high gloss tires this is the product for you. If your like me and you like a satin finish, stick with 303, EO or Vinylex.

All in all this is not a bad product, i`ll just need to see how good the durability is before i use it again. For now i think i`ll just keep using 303.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh...sounds a lot like Black Opal. Wonder what the differences between the two are.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Opal has a very strong solvent snell and content. This product has a good smell and i don`t think it has any strong solvents in it. BTW it`s much thicker than BO.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my Black Sapphire today. I used my girlfriend`s tires and did the fronts with BS and the rears with TW Tire Wax. I know the TWTW isn`t the greatest, but it was my previous reference and I`ve had decent results with it (the Dollar G`s around here don`t have the elusive TG). The BS had a real nice smell, sort of like suntan lotion (coconut oil, maybe?) and was pretty thick. I didn`t have too hard of a time applying an even coat with a sponge. I also used very little product. I applied the TWTW with a different sponge.

I buffed out all tires after 10 minutes (this was supposed to give a medium shine according to the BS instructions). The BS tires had noticably more shine but didn`t appear greasy. The TWTW tires had a more greasy appearance but with less shine. I preferred the BS, but then again I like a little shine.

I am really interested in the longevity of the BS (especially considering CMA`s claims) and this car will test that thoroughly since it`s a daily driver that`s outside 24/7. We`ll see how it turns out, and I`ll give a report .
    If it works, is safe, and you like it...use it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Sapphire works good, it`s an inexpensive alternative and is very versatile. If you like it super shiney or satin, it will go both ways. Only gripe is that when it rained and I had to drive though it, the product slung off and you could see the difference in where there was dressing and where there wasn`t. I prefer the 303 myself, and use it religously on my Passat and save the Black Sapphire for the Jeep.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Thread Information