Post Thanks / Like
    Product Review

Turtle Wax Premium Carnauba Liquid Wax

Brand: Turtle Wax

Country of Origin: USA

Store Purchased: ACE Hardware Megamall

Price as purchased: P199.75

Other products used/notes: Foam applicator pad, microfiber towel, distilled water mist.

Product Description:

Turtle Wax Premium Carnauba Liquid Wax is a balance of speciallly-treated, hard lustrous waxes, including pure carnauba solubilized in fast evaporating solvents to provide long-lasting shine, durability and protection against the elements. It is easy to use by hand or machine and provides maximum protection and gloss that lasts wash after wash.

Caution: Like most waxes, the paint surface should be clean and free from surface contamination such as tar, scratches, oxidation, etc. Avoid using the product on a hot surface or under direct sunlight.

Directions for use:

1) Wash car with Turtle Wax Zip Wax Car Wash and towel dry.

2) Pour product onto soft cloth or sponge. Apply a thin, even layer of wax to a section at a time. Allow wax to dry to a haze.

3) Wipe off with a soft clean cloth turning frequently. Buff with a fresh cloth for maximum luster. Turtle Wax Premium Carnauba Liquid Wax is especially formulated for all car finishes and chrome trim. It is also ideal for recreation vehicles and fiberglass boats. It is not intended for vinyls, wood, or simulated wood, metalized plastic trim, decals or flat paint.

Product Review:

Pros:

Turtle Wax Premium Carnauba Liquid Wax gives a nice, smooth, clear gloss to a well prepped painted surface. The product glides on smoothly and spreads evenly.

Gloss and depth rating could be considered as above average, but not to a level of purer Carnauba waxes or advanced polymers. Good enough to turn heads, though.

Product is relatively affordable as well. Only a little product is needed, a quarter sized drop is sufficient for 1/3 of a hood.

Cons:

Lack of gloss. The depth is there, but the gloss isn`t. Light does not reflect as well as other brands and it`s not as slick to touch as other waxes and sealants as well.

The product also smells unpleasant. Most Carnauba waxes (including Turtle Wax`s own Emerald Series) has a pleasant, non-petroleum smell, this one smells EXACTLY like the plain, green, Turtle Wax Hard Shell Wax.

Durability. Despite it`s claims of durability, I found the wax to be quite inferior after 2 washes (even with light mixture of soap). The surface loss its slickness quite easily, although it still beads well and has a good gloss.

Residue, residue, residue... hate it.

Verdict:

Turtle Wax Premium Carnauba Liquid Wax claims to have Carnauba properties in it, but unfortunately, the result is quite similar to the cheaper Turtle Wax Hard Shell Wax, only with less residue and easier application.

One must wonder how much "pure Carnauba" is included with the product, the price is just too low to produce a good, high quality, Carnauba wax. Most of the best Carnauba waxes cost twice as much for the same quantity.

Update: After 2 washes, beading was reduced by a significant margin... NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!

(Note: I bought this product over a year ago, when I needed a Carnauba wax but found none in our neighborhood grocery store hehe, needless to say, the bottle is still half full)

Rating: (Scale of 1 to 10, 1 being worst, 10 being best)

Value - 6

Performance - 6

Quality - 5

Packaging and Instructions - 7

Availability - 8

Price - 6

Overall - 6.3/10

Pics:

After Application Gloss:

[image]http://genjala.image.pbase.com/u11/theveed/small/2561967.Picture4038.jpg[/image]

After ONE wash with minimal soap

[image]http://genjala.image.pbase.com/u11/theveed/small/2585638.Picture4045.jpg[/image]

After TWO washes with even less soap in the mixture

[image]http://genjaro.image.pbase.com/u11/theveed/small/2585604.Picture4046.jpg[/image]

Click here for larger pics. http://www.pbase.com/theveed/paint&page=2

Post Thanks / Like
    About what i would expect for TW. Not terrible. Not great either.
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would get GC or #26 if you wanted to stick with store bought stuff. Higher gloss and deeper shine.
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    yup, i just wanted to finish this bottle off, i bought this by mistake, might as well use it instead of throwing it...

btw, my quest to use it all up has prompted me to layer with this (lousy) product on my paint 6x! hehe... it`s really, really, really smooth and slick right now, comparable to 2 coats of #26 or EO WET... but it took 3x as much effort and product...

it`s fun though...

Post Thanks / Like
    TW ive never been a fan.Megs would be a BIG step up.
    07 Grand Prix-black

member of the Four Door Mafia

Post Thanks / Like
    7 year old thread resurrected! :woot:

The OP hasn`t even signed on in 2 years. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barrym
    7 year old thread resurrected! :woot:

The OP hasn`t even signed on in 2 years. :chuckle:

LOL on another forum I belong to (not detailing related) we call this a

"Strong Bump!"

Post Thanks / Like
    But in this case it`s a "weak bump".....
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information