Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking for an applicator in my house and ran into this product from 3M. It is basically a fairly dense foam pad covered with microfiber on one side and scotchbrite paper. The MF side is not as plush as I`d like. The other side is an abrasive paper for scrubbing, but this particular kind is extremely fine. I tried scatching a CD, but I could not. Still, it`s unsuitable for paint, but I`m sure it could be used to clean other things.

I like small applicators, so i cut it in half with a non-serated knife. Then I noticed the stitching was on the outside, so I popped out the foam and turned the covering inside out. In the picture here you can see that the stitching is still on the oustide of the right half. If it was half as thick, this would be perfect. The length and width were about right after I cut it in half.

I applied some Meguiar`s #9 and #7 using the pads and they worked really well to spread the product around. I also tried applying P21S wax, but I find that an uncovered foam pad works better. Overall, I`d give this a thumbs up if you can find use for the other side. It came in a pack of MF products I purchased a while ago. This isn`t a real comprehensive test, just something I found. I apologize about the picture too. I don`t have my digital camera handy, so I had to use my webcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a side view. You can see that it is pretty thick. However, my fingers didn`t cramp up using it because of this. Maybe that was a benefit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, here`s the top relative to a quarter. Sorry about the bad picture again.

Not very exciting, but sometimes, that is the life of the autopian during downtime (of not washing/waxing/polishing/etc). I promise to have more interesting pictures of my detailed vehicle next week. Cheers.

Thread Information