Thread: 3m Smr

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a red truck, and it is used how it should be. It hauls rock, wood ect.. I just put in a patio, and had to cut some of the pavers. When I did this dust went everywhere. When I washed my truck got baddly scratched, even after a long hosedown.

A few days ago I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some Meguiars applicators, then went to NAPA and got some 3M SMR for dark vehicles.

When I got home I did half the truck, then tonight I finished it up. This stuff worked great! It took out almost all of the swirls, and the only ones left were the ones that were really deep.

I give this product a :up

Post Thanks / Like
    i completely agree with you. SMR removes almost all light to moderate swirls under normal lighting conditions. you just have to remember to work it for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you work it by hand or with a PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hand. It wasn`t that hard, just itme consuming. Saved $100 though so it was worth it!

A little hint while doing this is keep a flashlight handy. When you think your done with a section put it under the flashlight and look at it from different directions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by samiam513

A little hint while doing this is keep a flashlight handy. When you think your done with a section put it under the flashlight and look at it from different directions.

Great flashlight suggestion!! I hadn`t thought of that!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use a PC, the SMR is even more effective. When I first got the SMR, I did it by hand, and thought the results were pretty amazing. But then I got a PC and used it, and the results were stunning! Really deep gloss and 99% of the swirls were removing, even some of the pretty bad ones. And of course, my shoulder were not as sore! Give it a try once you get a PC, and you`ll never apply by hand again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had used SMR prior to my application of Zaino and have to say the results were real good. Nice clean surface to work with and no swirls or light scratches. I also applied it by hand. Wish I had a PC.

Aloha,

~Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    2wheelsx2 -

what pad did you use on your PC?
    1999 Mercedes ML 430...Black

Thread Information