Thread: Zymol Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Zymol`s description:

Soft seals, those around doors, hoods and trunk lids, present a number of problems. They are constantly being flexed and crushed while being subjected to hostile environments.

zymöl Seal is derived from glycerin, a

natural plant anti-oxidizing agent. Seal notably prolongs the useful life of rubber seals by releasing trapped solvents and restoring original moisture.

Price: It’s a pretty expensive product. I couldn`t find it locally, so I ended up ordering it online. Zymol claims its retail value is $20 for 5oz, but I found it for $16.50 + s/h.

Reason for using: After six years, my seals were getting somewhat stiff in places. It probably didn`t help that at my last tune-up the dealership sprayed all the seals with heavy silicone, and if its anything like the silicone they use on tires its probably doing some damage.

Product Appearance: No noticeable smell, the product itself has a thicker consistency, and is transparent in color.

Use: Very easy to use, the directions are short and to the point.

Wipe down the seals with a damp cloth, apply the product in an thin and even manor, wait 20min, buff off.

Applying the product is pretty simple. At first it seams as if it won`t coat very well, as it beads up on the seals. Doing a few passes its not hard to end up with a nice, even coat. The product feels slightly tacky when applying, but does not require much of the product to do a whole door seal.

I used cotton swabs to coat the glass seals, and harder to reach folds of the door seals. This worked quite well, the product is thick enough where it is easy to control and you don`t have to worry about runoff.

Results:

I took before and after pictures, but they didn`t turn out. The seals themselves felt much softer, they also had a nice luster to them I could not achieve with just Aerospace 303. The window seamed to roll up and down with less friction, and I no longer get a slight rubbing noise from the doors while driving. Very high quality product, the high price is justified by the tiny amount it takes to do your seals. It would be a great idea to chip and by some with your friends. I have yet to compare it directly with gummi phledge from BMW, but they sound like similar ingredient.
    Nothing is quite as fine, as a nice car with a good shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT review!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick works well. It is a silicone free parafin solution. A bit less expensive, $14.00

Thread Information