Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so the time came yesterday to shine up the PT Cruiser. This car stays outside 24hrs a day so I not only wanted an incredible shine on the car. Of course Klasse can do this however from my experiences Klasse lacks one thing and thats depth. I am a dedicated Souveran user so depth is a factor on top of my list.

I figured I would give the free Platnium samples a shot. I washed the car then used Clay Magic clay. I had never used a PC before and I had mentioned to Snake before that I would like to give it a shot so he invited me over yesterday and I bought some SMR for light cars and we started on the hood first with the PC. We did the hood with the SMR and I was somewhat impressed then we did the two front fenders and I compared the look of the front to the sides of the car and the difference was incredible. Even though i clayed earlier yesterday the SMR and PC just totally made the white paint stand out. Then I rubbed my hand across the paint and it squeaked I was in heaven! I knew the paint was clean and swirl free. I plan to purchase a PC really soon now. No way could I have done by hand what the PC did.

After the entire car had the SMR treatment it was time to apply some Platnium. Let me start out by saying the stuff smells great almost as good as Souveran. It applies very smooth and evenly. Snake suggested we let the Platinum sit for about 20mins before buffing it off. I was a little skeptical at first then i wiped off the first panel and :shocked WHOA the finish shined like a mirror. I had never seen white shine like that. The only thing I had ever seen come close to that shine was Klasse on my gold Mustang however the Platinum smoked it in the shine catagory awesome is the only word to describe it.

We buffed the rest of the car off and stepped back to admire the work and I noticed that the depth was excellent as well. I would compare it to Pinnacle Paste Glaze. Not quite the same as Souveran but the best I`ve ever seen in a Non-Caranuba formula and MUCH better than the luck I had with Klasse on the Mustang.

The finish came out excellent. Smooth, shiny and deep. The Platinum met all of my expectations and more. It is now my new product of choice for the PT Cruiser next I`m going to give it a shot on the Mustang and see what it turns out like.

It came a terrible storm last night after we finished detailing so I couldn`t get any pics. However I will post some pics for you folks as soon as we get decent weather again.

Thanks to Tim for the use of his PC and his driveway and thanks to his wife Rita for the 50+oz of Mountain Dew I drank
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in agreement with you. I been using it on my black acura and its easy to put on and take off. I used tonight and I did one whole side and went back and took it off. It was still easy to take off. Have you tried there tire gel?

the golfer :up

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review! :up When my samples arrive, I can`t wait to try out Platinum on my white car.

Thread Information