Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to order either one of these products but can`t decide. Has anyone try both of these products? I like to know the followings:

1. Which one is easier to apply and remove? Most important, which one will not steak and haste easily?

2. Is Dawn wash mandatory before applying?

3. I`ve read that Blackfire will lose its slickness and attract dust after a few wash. Does this happen to Platinum also?

Thanks for all your advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad does not address BF, but did you see this?

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...threadid=10951

Give me a couple of weeks and I can tell you. My Plat. was shipped last week.

I have used BF since early this year. The dawn wash is a technique as far as I`m concerned. I did it when I switched to Z because that`s what they recommended (once). BF does not mention Dawn and you will want to use the polish first which will take care of any prep work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read about the hazing problem on Klasse, they`s why I am leaning towards buying Platinum or Blackfire.

Hopefully, Brad B will update us soon on how his Boxster is doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hazing will happen with any product if you buff it off wrong. The hazing that people encounter with Klasse is usually because they use too much SG and don`t buff it off quite right. Its nothing that can`t be avoided. I wouldn`t choose something over Klasse just because of the possibility of hazing if you use it wrong. Not that Blackfire and Platinum aren`t great products, but I just wouldn`t want you to chose them over Klasse just because of the hazing thing. It really isn`t that hard to avoid.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the platinum products. WOW! my black car looks great, easy on, easy off. Put it on with a foam applicator and just put on a thin layer. Rick, from four star products is a great guy if you have any questions. Oh by the way no hazing.

The golfer

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just me??:nixweiss

Or do BF and Platinum look almost exactly the same(bottles, product names, amount of products...)

THey`re also around the same price and brag about having the same ingredients...

Maybe they`re made by the same company, but just distributed under diff`t names???
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by drewski59

Is it just me??:nixweiss

Or do BF and Platinum look almost exactly the same(bottles, product names, amount of products...)

THey`re also around the same price and brag about having the same ingredients...

Maybe they`re made by the same company, but just distributed under diff`t names???

They are definatly not made by the same company. Blackfire is made and solely distributed by CMA. Platinum is made by 4 Star and has several retailers including CMA and tacscar. There is no way these are the same products. Both CMA and 4 Star have their chemists working overtime perfecting their forumulas I`ll bet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search, there was a thread about this, and I even emailed Terry. They arn`t the same even thuogh they seem to have gotten the labels and bottles from the same source.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awhile back I saw a discussion about Blackfire attracting dust. I believe a test was done on one half of a car and the Blackfire side noticeably had more dust on it where a line could be seen.

I am using Blackfire and like it, but I do notice dust is attracted to my car like a magnet. I fine Blackfire very easy to use. It goes on and off easy.

I am wondering how Platinum is doing in this area.

I would conduct my own test but I just don`t have the time.

I am grateful to this forum and have learned a great deal.
    Aloha

Tom

Speckle Clover Green 2002 Honda CR-V EX

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I finally tried Platinum. I have used BF on several occasions as far as I am concerned they do everything EXACTLY the same.

Thread Information