Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

8 minutes to apply?!?! Holy smokes Jason, that is fast! :up

Tony

I`ll 2nd that. Give me 8 minutes and I`m just done with a hood & 2 fenders. Well, great job on the detailing! I gotta try to work faster! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason :

I`ll say you`re "primus inter pares"

(ask for translation if you don`t understand)

omg that souveran shine is killer on that E!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use quick light strokes to apply any wax/sealant by hand. I am sure by the third coat everything was covered at least twice (had to alternate between eating in one hand and applying with another.) I hope the Zaino residue on my fingers won`t cause any problems with the hoot dogs/ hamburgers and other stuff I had.

Justin - on the black E I used Pinnacle Souveran and polished with Pinnacle PCL. I am not concerned with durability since the owner of the car will wax with Souveran once every 2-3 months and wash with Pinnacle bodywork shampoo/Crystal Mist once every three weeks (car is in a garage 24/7 everyday minus that Saturday where he drives aqround for short trips (basic parties, get togethers, errands.) I believe the Souveran will last for 3 months on this garage queen.

cvcaelen - "primus inter pares" Latin?? Please translate.

Nothing wrong with taking your time and caressing the finish. I spent 4 hours on the ML320 from start to finish (wash, PPCL, dawn wash, 3 coats Z-2 with ZFX with 3 applications of Z-6)

I spent 3 hours on washing the E, PPCL it, then a coat of Souveran. Also the E should have less surface area than the ML (imagine me standing in the foot well (open a door and stand on the part between the seat and door trim) holding on to the rail with one hand witch the PC in the other. I think I need a step ladder or be 8 feet tall to reach the top of the ML comfortable. The E on the other hand was a bit easier to handle for my height problem. Only if I was 6`2.........

Canon Powershot A10, Z-7, Z-6, Z-2, then Z-6, and a review of Zaino after the 3 week mark to come.

Happy Detailing,

Jason

PS, the Camry will get a wash and coat of Pinnacle Paste Glaz after I finish with the ML, the interior will be done also (10 years of grime and dust/dirt.)

lol jason. I am 6` 8" and i still used an upside down bucket to buff the roof of that jetta... lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I am 6`2" and the top of the Sequoia I did was _over_ my head!

One of the short 4 step ladders would sure come in handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    6`2, I feel so short.

I should pioneer a new system in which you can travel around the car`s horizontal surfaces running parallel in the garage with a figure 8 on top of the car. You would be strapped into a harness that will allow you to do the horizontal panels of the car without straining your legs trying to stand on your tippie toes. Like the Mission Impossible movies. Well maybe not..........

Post Thanks / Like
    primus inter pares : the first among his equal

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice shine!

I thought, would it be possible to apply Souveran over Zaino? I know You could do it over Klasse, but I just wondered if it could be done over Zaino.

Thank You.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Well I would hesitate to put Souveran on top of the Zaino. The Zaino was meant to be used as a system in which the toppers of the Zaino would be Z-2/Z-5 or Z-3 for non-clearcoated surfaces. The Souveran might possibly break down the Zaino coats when it evaporates from the surface. Sure you would get a real slick and more 3-D surface but at a cost. You will not be able to add more Zaino coats unless you wash the car with Dawn or let the Souveran wear off.

I like the easy factor of Zaino. Sure it might take a little longer to apply the first time (mostly the dawn wash) but a Z7 wash and Z6 QD is all that is needed to take care of the finish. A quick coat of Z-2 or Z-5 might be added every now and then, but not quite as often as Souveran.

If the car is a garage queen and black, I would recommend Glaze + Souveran.

The ML is garaged at night, it is outside roughly 10-12 hours a day, 5 times a week. The owner doesn`t have enough time to put on a coat of wax every 2 months. He will only get to wash the car once every 4-6 and possibly Z-6 it (I gave him my bottle of Z-6 (95% full) and half of my bottle of Z-7 (poured my half into a water bottle labled Z-7) I guess I have to get another bottle of Z-6 from my dist.) The Z-7 wash and Z-6 should take around 30-40 minutes for normal people, not a few hours like some...but to each their own.

So Pete in short, I think the disadvatages of Souveran on top of Zaino make the Souveran almost pointless on a Zaino`d car.

Thats why I have Klasse, Zaino, samples of Blackfire and Platinum, and a whole assortment of waxes (Souveran, Blitz, #26, Gold Class, and if I lose all my good waxes, I still have my first can of Armour All Car wax (pretty decent wax)

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    So, Jason, in your opinion, is Zaino easier to use than regular waxes (meaning, non-Soveran)? I have been meaning to try Klasse or Zaino, but as I have an older daily driver, I have been hesitant, especially with Zaino, because of the cure times, the high initial cost, and some suggestions that Zaino only looks good if the prep is perfect. In my mind, it`s been tough to justify that on a flawed daily driver (car was bought used). Also doesn`t help that there is not a local distributor or any local users who I know, so that I can have a first hand look (I am in Vancouver, Canada).

Post Thanks / Like
    sn is JasonC8301

On any car, Klasse or Zaino, prep is key. Klasse AIO does have the ability to be a mild, very mild polish. Also the dawn wash was kinda scary at first.

Where durability is key and low maintaince is wanted. Zaino is the way to go. It is simple. No guessing at which products to use and no buying other products that will add to the unused pile.

Cost may be high, but I got 3 coats per ounce on a medium sized SUV. I bet I can use less on a smaller sedan. $70 or so was the start up cost. No cure time needed but 3 coats max with ZFX.

Klasse or Zaino you can`t go wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information