Post Thanks / Like
    Act I. - Pre-Cleaning

Car had been AIO`ed for several months. Car has 85,000 miles and is 4 plus years old. Weather was Sunny day temp in 60`s. Charcoal black color. Dawn wash.

Used Four Star Series Shampoo This was an excellent shampoo, Review of Four Star Shampoo http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...&threadid=7905

Act II. Using Product

My objective was to get the car cleaner after a wash. To get the surface dirt that a wash can`t get. Pulled out my PC with my Meguiars yellow foam Pads. (If I go aggressive I will use the aggressive products with proper pads.) The Four Star cleaner can be applied by hand. It states on bottle to go in a "circular" motion when applying the product, I believe in going from front to back motion of the car.

Four Star Platinum Series Paint Cleaner is similar to the Pinnacle cleaner in that it is not abrasive. Yet it states "removes most contaminants and oxidation" I tried it on a car in with terrible oxidation and didn`t see any improvement. Again, I believe the cleaners are just to get at that dirt you can`t get with a good washing and it prepares the paint for the next stage.

The Cleaner was a white milky solution, I applied few circles on the pad. I prefer to put product on pad instead of the car itself. I worked the product into the paint. It went on with little or no spatter. I used two MF towel (one in each hand) to take it off. The product went on and off without difficulty.

Act III. Opinion

My pad picked up more dirt than I thought it would. The paint looked great. The paint was left smooth and silky looking. I almost thought I had polished it. My opinions are that it did what I wanted it to do, Clean the paint better, and prepare it for my next step which was it`s Polymer Paint protection product. I give it a thumbs up for my expectations. Again, I wasn`t using it for removing "contaminants and oxidation". I just wanted it to clean my paint alittle deeper.

Jeff

Another Excellent post compares about Platinum and Klasse

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...threadid=10794

Site Location

http://www.premiumautocare.com/platulpainpr.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, great review! :xyxthumbs It`s interesting to see your results when used by machine; I tried it by hand and love it. It`s really a great product IMO, I love it more and more. You really described it well... it cleans the car more after a wash.

Here was my review of it (when used by hand):

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...?threadid=9149

Post Thanks / Like
    BW:

What did you follow it up with??, Did you use their Paint Protection product? ( thats the direction I went)

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t... but will maybe later if the Tim`s samples arrive. I used Pinnacle Souveran.

Thread Information