Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are all looking for the perfect products. It always seems, however, that no matter how hard we try we always seem to find products that just come short of perfection. Klasse provides excellent protection and shine but can be tough to buff off. Souveran is about the closest to perfection I`ve seen but it doesn`t last very long. Blackfire lasts longer than Souveran and looks better than Klasse but it has a dust attraction problem and it still doesn`t last as long as Klasse. The list goes on. I have a possible reason for our failure to find perfection.

Persian carpets are among the finest works of art in the entire world. They are considered by many to be perfect in all ways. The truth is that they are not perfect. The artist deliberatly makes one error in the carpet on purpose. I don`t know that if you make an error on purpose that it can actually be called an error, but that is beside the point. The reason that they make the error is so they won`t be perfect. Perfection is impossible except in Allah, and to show respect to Him they would make that error so they didn`t presume to be greater. You will be hard pressed to find the thread that is out of place but I promise you that every authentic Perian carpet will have one error in it as to avoid perfection.

Maybe we need to remember that. Maybe Pinnacle has the ability to make Souveran last longer, but if they did then it would be perfect and perfection isn`t possible. Therefore, to avoid a paradox or something, they hold back on the magic ingredient that makes it last. Any comments from Pinnacle on that? Maybe Lexol could make a sweeter smelling leather conditioner but it might destroy the fabric of the universe or something. lol Its just a theory. I thought I might bring that up for you people that are in search of the perfect product. =) I`ll take my Pulitzer prizes now. (insert wink here) =)
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they really so conceited to think that it is perfect without them making an intentional blemish in it? :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. Religious fanatics can be like that I guess. True story though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have said that too about perfection is Allah.. then again I am Muslim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2002camry

I would have said that too about perfection is Allah.. then again I am Muslim.

I did not know that. Have you heard that about the persian carpets before? I can`t even remember where I heard that from anymore. Its been so many years ago now. Fortunatly its a simple story so there isn`t much chance that I`d screw it up someday. I`m senile absent minded enough already as it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo Gingerbreadman -

What if ................ they see the product cost`s 10 bucks to make a 50 gallon drum. It is selling for 100.00 a drum. If they want to make it "perfect" then the cost per a 50 gallon drum will jump from 10.00 to 15.00 and the most they would be able to jack up the store price would be to 101.00 a a drum.

If you ask me, it will cost too much to make a product better that is already selling really well and smashing all of the other products that do the same thing. Why mess with something if it is doing so well and nothing else is even close, your just going to mess with the profits and we all know how the bean counters are when their profits are in danger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they do it like the software companies. You never really finish a progran, you just stop working on it. That way there is always room for upgrades. If they actually made the best product the first time then they wouldn`t be able to sell the "upgrades" later. They get to sell every customer 3 or 4 times. lol Smart business.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the software biz, when you have 1,000,000 + people using your program it is impossible to stop tweaking. People always want something added or changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use meguiar`s products...i like them...the results i get ... to me..are perfect...that is what i want...i could search for a "better" or different perfect...but why...

the "best" pizza...the best burger or steak...or perfect fishing day..or sports series...its the meeting of mind & body for a second in infinity...it cant be captured or even bottled....

glad beer is easire to obtain...

ahhh..the market system...may it alway give us many "perfect" products...

Post Thanks / Like
    If you ask me I think Meguiars products are perfect. They provide a great shine, go on easy, come off easy enough (dust is expected), the product last`s a decent amount of time and they are priced for the everyday detailer.

No wonder why they have excellent sales.

They are "perfect" in the sense that they match and exceed a persons expectations in a detailing product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a big meguires fan .I agree the products work real well and they have a big assortment. If you have a problem with your finish there isn`t a meguires product that can`t help(ALMOST)Not to mention I think there prices are fair

Post Thanks / Like
    I like their Glaze and Hi Tech Yellow Wax along with the Gold Class wax.

I have not had time to really use the Meguiars Swirl Remover but it seems it may be another permanet product in my collection.

Just like getting the perfect sport suspension on a car. If you want no body lean, you pay for it in ride quality, vice versa. Car companies are always tweaking their suspensions etc to perform almost perfect. The new airmatic & ABC suspension systems in the new E and S-class seemed to have raised that bar closer to perfection

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeepers Ali. You just love your suspension don`t you? :p

I used to be really into a car that could really handle but I live in the city, once in a while I get on the freeway but you don`t need all that much of a suspension there either. I prefer power over handle now. All I can see if myself taking a turn at 60 mph and slamming on the brakes to aviod a little child or a parked car and sliding into someones house or into more people on the other side of the street.

If the street is empty and straight I`ll slam the gas and go, it`s what my car was made for. For something like your car or a Vette I can see your point of view.

You CAN get a Camaro to pull 1 G but it`s gonna cost quite a bit of money and if I get it I want to use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information