Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used a number of products before I used the Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, so I was a bit apprehensive about using it on my new leather seats. Well, after I got my car`s window`s tinted, there was tinting solution all over the inside of my car, so I decided that this was the time to clean my seats.

I followed the instructions exactly. I wiped the seats with a warm damp rag, and moved to the cleaner. It is a gel like substance. I sprayed it on a MF applicator. I worked a small area at a time. I would work it into a lather, and then wipe clean with a good clean damp rag. This got all of the contaminants out of the leather.

I then moved to the conditioner. The directions stated that I was to wipe onto the seats, let sit, and then to wipe off any excess. Well, all that I can say is WOW! The seats looked just like the day that I got my car. The leather was so soft, and the seats just looked great.

If you are looking to protect and maintain the look of your leather for the life of your car, you cannot go wrong with Lexol.

Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree totally on that. I just picked up a bottle of Lexol conditioner on Tuesday night. My leather has never felt or looked so good. The only thing I would have to give them a negative on is the smell. It ain`t the sweetest smelling stuff in the world. Oh well. That`s why God created Ozium New Car Smell.

:up X10 to Lexol

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I agree totally on that. I just picked up a bottle of Lexol conditioner on Tuesday night. My leather has never felt or looked so good. The only thing I would have to give them a negative on is the smell. It ain`t the sweetest smelling stuff in the world. Oh well. That`s why God created Ozium New Car Smell.

:up X10 to Lexol

Thats by biggest problem with lexol, that dagum odor. It just plain smells. I have been using pinnacle and like the smell, but miss the finish lexol left. The pinnacle is just a tad to shiny.

Ahhh...and the quest for the perfect conditioner continues.

(i have griots conditioner en route, will try it next)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, I have to agree, the smell is not the greatest. At least it does not smell like the Klasse Plastic, Vinyl, Leather, Rubber, Ceramic, Titanium, Plastic, and the list goes on, Cleaner. Man, that stuff would take your breath away. I thought that I was using kerosene for a while.

In any case, I have found that by leaving the doors open for a bit (let`s say to vacum), the smell dissappears. But then again, I have new leather seats, so the car has the "new smell" still.

Man, if only they could figure out a way to keep that smell. Now that would be worth some bucks :xyxthumbs .

Best regards.

P.S. Jngrbrdman, how is school going? I assume that you are either done, or in the midst of your finals. I wish you all the best. Hey, it was not that long ago that I was in school doing the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MarylandVW

P.S. Jngrbrdman, how is school going? I assume that you are either done, or in the midst of your finals. I wish you all the best. Hey, it was not that long ago that I was in school doing the same thing.

Next week. I don`t think I get to sleep this weekend. (insert sleep deprived crazy smiley here) I think I`m pretty ready for it though. Contract law is a little bit of a bear but I think I`ve got the rest down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the Pinnacle leather conditioner? It has a very pleasent leathery smell. jj

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel even better now since I purchased the Lexol twins earlier this week and will be giving them a try on some pretty grimy (read "never cared for") leathers seats on the wife`s Volvo. I can probably deal with the smell.

I`m encouraged by the comments here.

Post Thanks / Like
    My two favorite conditioners are Pinnacle and Zaino Z-10. Both offer low gloss finishes and smell like new leather. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jadedjeepster

Have you tried the Pinnacle leather conditioner? It has a very pleasent leathery smell. jj

Yes, and I concur. The stuff smells very leathery and the leather scent stays in your car for a long time.

Pinnacle seems to be very big on adding scent to their products. Their vinyl/Rubber protectant smells like pina colada, as does their QD, Souveran & Paste Glaze....but you certainly can`t fault the results you get!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the Lexol twins this past Thursday and I`m not sure if I got the results I wanted.

The leather on my wife`s Volvo has never really been cared for until we got the car. The hides have split in a couple of areas and the cracks show a lot of dirt.

I took a foam pad and got it damp. I sprayed the cleaner on the pad (I was expepcting a spray and got a stream - so it splattered all over the place). I worked the cleaner into a lather and worked it into the crevices and splits (working carefully here) and thoroughly covered the other surfaces. I continued to work the lather for a few minutes. I really could not see any dirt lifting like I was expecting to see. I took a cotton towel and buffed off the seat twice. I did not notice any (or very little) reduction in dirt removed from the seat or stitching.

I decided to move ahead with using the conditioner as it was starting to get dark, and I was not planning on working on the car into the night.

I dampened a second foam pad and sprayed the conditioner on the pad (getting the same stream and still spattering all over). I worked this into the seats and especially the seams and splits. After letting it sit for a short time, I buffed it off with a cotton towel. I was pleased how the conditioner worked. The seat felt smoother with only a little tackiness.

I did not find the smell objectionable and the seat was not unreasonable tacky or sticky. Now that several days have passed, I will check to see if the stickiness has remained.

I will try again with the cleaner again, once I have some more time to devote to cleaning the seats. I would like to think that I may have just misapplied the cleaner and that is why it did not seem to work so well. It also may be the dirt on the seats, as I suppose it has been there a while and might be difficult to remove.

Any tips for using Lexol on seats that have been soiled a little longer than normal would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use the Lexol Porducts untill I discovered Leatherique

www.leatherique.com this stuff is nothing short of fantastic!

This trick for removing heavily soiled stains from leather is a bit tricky, if done right it is amazing, if done wrong, you ruin your leather.A high quality brake cleaning fluid will remove stains from leather ! I use a wet cotten rag and Berryman Brake clean, lightly rub the area till clean, then a heavy application of the leatherique cleaner then the conditioner.Lexol Neetsfoot Oil works very well also on worn leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexol rules!

The chemistry of the products they make are specifically for todays leather. That is to say that your leather seats are actually sprayed with a layer of colored vinyl (yes it is true). The lexol has conditioners in it that can pass through this layer to the actual leather and condition it.

Again Lexol rules!

Post Thanks / Like
    As I understand it, US & Japanese manufacturers tend to stick to the spray-on dyed leather while European manufacturers primarily use vat-dyed leather, where the color is obtained by immersing the hide in dye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimwh

Same thing happened to me with a new Z-28 convertible`s interior. I was so shocked by the results I called Lexol to explain my beef with the product.

I was passed to a chemist who explained I was A: had Way TOO much product on the leather....

and B: Didn`t turn the buffing towel nearly enough...as I had so much product on the leather it couldn`t absorb it quickly enough...

He spent 20+ minutes with me on a cordless while I was in the vehicle.... trying his technique of very small amounts working it in etc. YES I`M SOLD>>>>

:wavey

Mike

Originally posted by Intermezzo

As I understand it, US & Japanese manufacturers tend to stick to the spray-on dyed leather while European manufacturers primarily use vat-dyed leather, where the color is obtained by immersing the hide in dye.

hmm, is this why most german cars have more "feel/grain" to their leather, when japanese cars have very smooth and slippery leather?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information