Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried several car wash soaps, and have come to the conclusion this stuff is reaaaaaaaaaly good for those of use going the carnauba/synthetic wax route.....

It doesnt make any foam, it doesnt streak windows or metal parts, and best of all, when you rinse the car, the water beads all together, the car barely needs drying, only some touch up.....my neighbour could not believe it while I was drying my car.....

It also has some sort of wax, it leaves reaaly nice just waxed look.....You should try it, I know turtle wax=bad products, but i was really impressed by this product.......Now its my regular washing soap

Post Thanks / Like
    Two things foam is good!!! it keeps dirt away from paint. Also why would you want crappy turtle wax wash to leave a coat of wax on top of good wax?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mugenman

I have tried several car wash soaps, and have come to the conclusion this stuff is reaaaaaaaaaly good for those of use going the carnauba/synthetic wax route.....

It doesnt make any foam, it doesnt streak windows or metal parts, and best of all, when you rinse the car, the water beads all together, the car barely needs drying, only some touch up.....my neighbour could not believe it while I was drying my car.....

It also has some sort of wax, it leaves reaaly nice just waxed look.....You should try it, I know turtle wax=bad products, but i was really impressed by this product.......Now its my regular washing soap

Ask your hairdresser wether they use a 2 in 1 shampoo/ conditioner and why�

Cheers
    “Don’t get your ambitions mixed up with your ability”

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Meguiar`s Rich Suds car wash, it has lots of foam to lift up dirt and the foam in the bucket won`t disappear during the whole car wash process. The nice herbal fragrance also add up spice for those of you who loves to wash car!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you guys might be missing the point of this review. Most car soaps do a really good job............of stripping the carnauba right off your car. It doesn`t matter how mild they profess to be. A car wash that suds up really well will kill carnauba...and fast! I plan to try out One Grand`s WashnWax because I heard it does the same thing as TW Zip Wash. It doesn`t sud up really well either and adds an element of carnauba rejuvination to your car every time you wash.

Mugenman, thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

I think you guys might be missing the point of this review. Most car soaps do a really good job............of stripping the carnauba right off your car. It doesn`t matter how mild they profess to be. A car wash that suds up really well will kill carnauba...and fast! I plan to try out One Grand`s WashnWax because I heard it does the same thing as TW Zip Wash. It doesn`t sud up really well either and adds an element of carnauba rejuvination to your car every time you wash.

Mugenman, thanks for the review.

I understand what he was trying to say but I just don`t understand why you would want turtle wax to leave a layer over a better wax? won`t it kill the optical clarity of a better wax?

And he did also say synthetic (klasse/Zaino ect.) so I guess I was thinking of Zaino and the wash

Post Thanks / Like
    When he said synthetic wax, I believe he was referring to products like Meguiar`s Gold Class & 3M Paste Wax as they do not contain any carnauba, which is a natural substance. I could be wrong though.

As for the optical clarity, you have a good point. What I was thinking was that IMO, the amount of wax that a product like Zip Wash & One Grand Wash & Wax will leave on your car is very minute. All it really does is help rejuvinate an existing wax layer or help lessen the amount that is washed off (probably the latter). I really don`t think it `adds` a meaningful layer of protective wax on your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Intermezzo, you got the whole point!

I am adding 1/2 a cap in a large bucket......my car is never really dirty, all I can say is the car looks good, I dont care whether it is leaving some sh***y wax, or if it is turtle wax brand, all I care for is the fact that everyone loves the way it looks, and all of my detailing friends do not believe I have only washed the car, and using turtle wax products.......

I think it is a cool product for those days when you only plan on washing the car, No quick detailing or waxing afterwards.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoken like a true Autopian!

Originally posted by Intermezzo

When he said synthetic wax, I believe he was referring to products like Meguiar`s Gold Class & 3M Paste Wax as they do not contain any carnauba, which is a natural substance. I could be wrong though.

As for the optical clarity, you have a good point. What I was thinking was that IMO, the amount of wax that a product like Zip Wash & One Grand Wash & Wax will leave on your car is very minute. All it really does is help rejuvinate an existing wax layer or help lessen the amount that is washed off (probably the latter). I really don`t think it `adds` a meaningful layer of protective wax on your car.

In addition, I believe Ron Ketcham once told us that suds are no indication of how well a shampoo cleans. There are many more important factors including lubricity, and for me, smell.

And he said something about that it really doesn`t contain any "wax..." just something in the formulation that adds to its "wax-like" slickness.

Thread Information