Post Thanks / Like
    I found this carpet cleaner in the home cleaning section of my local target, and decided to try it out. Until now I have been sticking to lifter1 carpet cleaner.

Its a foam based cleaner, not specificly designed for automotive interiors but it actually works quite well.

<strong class=`bbc`>Application[/b]
    It is applied in the typical foam cleaner method. Spray down the whole area with the foam, agitate it with a brush, let it sit, and finally vacuum. The application is very smooth and easy. My main problem with lifter1, is it has a tendency to splatter all over the place when I apply it, especially on seats. Spot Shot has almost no splatter, and the only undesired spots that got foam on them where instances where I slightly missed the edge of the seat.
    The spray area is extremely large compared to most foam cleaners I have tried. The can is labeled "Large area" and they are not kidding. I found this to have ups and downs. It was very easy and quick to get most of an area covered, but hard to reach places required more time and I ended up with foam build up around the those areas.
    Agitating the fabric/carpet was normal. It seamed to loosen a little more dirt initially, than lifter1 does.

<strong class=`bbc`>Results[/b]
    Spot Shot really got all of the dirt loose and it was a breeze to vacuum it all up. It didn`t remove any of the stains, but Spot Shot has a specific stain remover product no doubt designed for treating such problems. There was no color fading, or other adverse reactions to the fabric or carpet.
    Overall results were equal to lifter1 and other quality foam cleaners. No dirt was left behind, and the fabric was left bright and clean.

If you are looking to do large interior areas, think about picking up Spot Shot. In this case I used it out on a 4runner, which has plenty of large areas to cover. If I were cleaning my car (Integra), I would opt for a cleaner with a smaller spray radius.

Post Thanks / Like
    As usuall, great review. :xyxthumbs Carpets are always a pain and its nice to get reviews of good cleaners. Have you ever used Stoners carpet cleaner? I`m wondering how it compares to Prestone. Your next homework assignment is "Windows".

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

I haven’t tried stoners yet, but I have eyed it a few times at the local car parts store. I might pick some up next time I get a chance.

As for windows, I have a bottle of Autoglym glass polish that I haven’t had a chance to use. My windshield is pretty old and weathered, so I am going to give it a good polishing pretty soon.

I am thinking of trying afew different car polishes, and see how they compare to the Autoglym. The glass polish is cheaper than 3M SMR, but if SMR or another polish performs better, it might be worth using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of carper cleaners.. HAs anyone seen that commercial on TV for this NEW carpet cleaner.. it is NOT foam based, its a liquid which is sprayed over the entire carpet or stain, and "supposedly" removes the stain with no agitation whatso ever?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, are you thinking of Oxiclean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Advanage does that too. Some of those citrus cleaners are amazing. I`ve seen Oxiclean work. Pretty impressive. You can get it at Alberston`s. (Its a grocery store just in case you were confused. Pretty much the same as a Krogers or something.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wallmart stocks oxiclean as well

Post Thanks / Like
    no no no.. not oxiclean.. the one im talking about is in an aerosol can.. damn.. ill see if i can remember the name..

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used that product myself and it did work, but.....

I have switched to meg`s all purpose cleaner plus. It is a huge cost savings to all detailers. you get 4 gallons for around 30.00. you then dilute it yourself. the ratio for carpet cleaning is 12/1. that shows how strong this stuff is.

It can be used to clean vinyl, tires, engine degreasing, etc..

My wife has used it to clean the tiles in the bathroom and kitchen, if i could only get her to start cleaning cars

Thread Information