Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a bunch of Tim`s (Autopia Name Snake) MF towels and I finally got around to using them a few days ago.

My initial impressions were that the towels do not look anything like the MF towels I`ve used in the past. If you look at the thread loops, they look like snake-skin. However, they still feel like 70/30 towels in that hey are pretty soft and malleable. Another impression is that they are very heavy. Heavier than the VIPER and neatitems towels.

This is how I would rate these towels:

Buffing ability: Very good. It`s right up there with the other MF towels. In fact, it `grabs` your paint more than other MF`s.

Linting: Very good. No lint whatsoever on windows or panels.

Dusting: Good. Athough it picks up dust just as well as other MF`s, it`s weight makes it ever so slightly more difficult to handle when dusing the interior.

Marring: Very good. No marr`s whatsoever on my paint or on the CD.

Nap Size: Average. They are about as plush as the green VIPER MF`s, but definitely plusher than the 3M or Meg UW`s.

The towels are a good value for the price. But they do have a downside to them. They are a little more difficult to handle than other MF`s I`ve tried. I think it`s a combination of its extra `grabbing` properties combined with the fact that it`s a bit heavier. When buffing my car, it was very difficult to keep it folded properly (into quarter-size). And the side that rubs against the paint had a tendency to bunch up. Had to keep refolding the towel several times. I found it was a easier to buff and QD using the neatitems and green VIPER towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    To quote Homer

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm MFs"

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review. How`s the wickability compare to your Neatitems though?

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re referring to how well it absorbs water, right? I forgot to test that. This weekend, I will try drying my car with a few of them and see how it goes. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Looking forward to hearing your review.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought 5 of these Tacscar towels also. I`ll let you guys know how it compares to my YoSteve and NeatItem MF towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta tell you, I`m not too crazy about these towels. Today, I used a bunch of them to dry my car to test their `wick-ability` and the results were that they absorb water fine. However, like I said in my initial post, they are too difficult to handle and it was really giving me problems this time around. When folded into quarters, they always `scrunch-up` and grab the paint. These towels would be fine if I wasn`t having this kind of problem because they don`t lint or scratch. But it was just too difficult to keep them folded properly.....even on my very slick Zaino`d car. I tried using them unfolded, but they still had a tendency to bundle up in my hands. So as much as I would have liked to have given a positive recommendation, I`m afraid I`m going to have to give these towels a thumbs down.

Thread Information