Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently detailed my brother`s Topaz Blue 3-series coupe with BF (3 coats) and was very pleased with the results, especially since I had used the BF before and got the technique refined a little more. Anyway, the car was quite dirty after a week, and was in need of a good wash. So I whiped out my trust red Pep Boy`s buckets and some AutoInt "c" wash, and whent to town. The wash when very quickly (by my standards), and I washed the wheels/tired with an old, retired wash mitt. Now for you water beading fans, the BF performed admarably. Like advertized, the water didn`t bead per say, but rather beaded in some places and sheeted on others. One could clearly tell though that there was protection on the car because the water couldn`t quite seem to "bond" to the surface, and just kinda lazily rolled off. Drying the car was also quite nice, because the surface was much slicker than when I washed it w/ no BF, and the towel just kinda slid across the surface picking up water easily. Next I applied some wash solution around the engine opening and proceded to degrease and detail the engine bay. That whent quite well and I was very releived when the car started up again . Now how is the BF holding up. The results were much better than my cynical self predicted. The shine was still great, didn`t seem to be dimineshed the slightest bit. The feel was different, but not much worse. Granted, the finish didn`t have that buttery, just waxed feel it did a week ago, but it was still very smooth, and quite slick. To remedy this, I spent about 5 min, quickly wiping down the car with the BF QD and it now felt exatly the way it did a week ago, and the shine further improved slightly.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s sounds good Brad. How was the Blackfire to remove? Is it a multistep process? How would you compare the Blackfire to Klasse or Zaino? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think I fully understand your question but ill try and awnser it anyway. It was very easy to remove. I used a Viper MF towel slightly misted with the BF QD and it came off with out a fuss (or streaks). Id rate the removal as about the same as Blitz, maybee a little more tempermental though. Like I said before, BF doesnt hold its slickness as good as say Klasse, but its sure has an awesome shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Z7 to wash Blackfire a few days ago. I think the slickness loss was negligable if any. Maybe BF wash is too strong?? The BF QD works great on BF and Klasse. The depth of shine of BF is very much superior to Klasse and rivals that of even Souveran! It is slightly more difficult to remove than Souveran, about equal to Klasse SG. I did not have to resort to the QD with BF though as I did with SG. When I was finished removing all the BF, I did go over with the QD and that removed any BF that I missed in the first pass.

H

Thread Information