Post Thanks / Like
    I received my fix of supplies from CMA today, so if the weather cooperates, I`ll have a review of these sometime the beginning of next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried my big blue on my Explorer today, and was very impressed with how gentle it was on the finish :up. That said, I have a two door Explorer, and one BB was not enough. I had to wring several times, and wish I had ordered two at one time to save money.

Post Thanks / Like
    The weather and other unexpected commitments prevented me from trying out my new toys, er, tools this weekend. Hopefully some time this week I`ll get a chance. I, too, will be interested to see how the towel performs, especially with the comment above.

Post Thanks / Like
    to try out the new tools and here are my findings.

First, the <strong class=`bbc`><em class=`bbc`>BIG BLUE TOWEL[/i][/b]:

The towel comes wrapped nicely rolled up and secured with a paper band with the Pinnacle brand name. The only thing that concerned me was that the band was stapled together and if one was not careful, you may cause a snag.

The towel is large, by my standards, approximately 2 by 3 feet. Plenty of drying power. I did not wash the towel prior to use (I know, I can hear your moans!) . After washing my car, it`s my normal practice to drench the car with a flat stream of water (without the nozzle) to get some sheeting action going and then move the car into the garage. I folded the towel into quarters (as suggested in a previous post) and began wiping, starting with the roof.

The first thing that I noticed was the the towel has very little drag compared to an Absorber. About the same when using a Magic Towel (from CMA). With the towel completely dry, it quickly picks up almost all of the standing water. After getting half the roof, I flipped over the towel to give it a final dry. By the time that I had completed the roof, rear window, trunk lid, and front window, the towel was pretty heavy with water.

I attempted to wring out the towel, but could not get any water to come out (the arthritic elbow strikes again). The towel weighed approximately 2 lbs at this point, so I figure that there was about a pint of water trapped in the towel.

As I continued on to the hood and front valance, there was more water residue left behind, but the droplets were small. Since today was fairly humid and about 80 degrees, I was impressed that the droplets evaporated fairly qickly and left no streaking.

The towel was leaving a lot of water at this point and I really only had door jambs, under the hood and the trunk area left to do (always a pain!!) so I switched to Viper Detailing Cloths for these areas (plus they get pretty grungy sometimes).

All in all, I am pleased with the towel and think that it`s a more than fair value for the price. I will probably purchase a second one on my next order (take advantage of the Magic Towel discount and try the other new ones).

Next, the <strong class=`bbc`><em class=`bbc`>Eimann Fabrik Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner[/i][/b]:

I had several spots to try this on, but only 1 was on actual upholstery, the other 2 were on a door panel and the lower dash.

The cleaner comes in a typical CMA bottle with the included sprayer (nice touch compared to Griot`s Garage). I used a Viper Detailing Cloth, first on the door panel.

I sprayed several squirts on the towel and rubbed gently with no luck. I used more rapid strokes and a little more pressure. This gave me a rather nice lather and a pleasant scent. I dried with a second towel, but whatever the stain is (kind of like splattered milk), it did not remove it. I was not expecting miracles, as this stain has resisted most everything.

Next, I went to the upholstery stain and sprayed first on the cloth, but found that there was not enough cleaner making it onto the fabric, so I put several shots onto the stain and then rubbed in the direction of the weave. Whatever it was, it seemed to disappear very quickly. By using a dry towel, I rubbed out most of the moisture and I left it to dry. Cool !!

I then used it on some marks left on the lower part of my dash (some people just have to cross their feet ) It was able to clean off the scuff marks with very little effort. I also scrubbed another little spot which was removed easily.

Once again, I was highly impressed with the Eimann Fabrik product. So far I have 3, (EF HI, EF CP, & EF C&UC) and they are batting .100 :xyxthumbs

I`ll probably buy the entire EF kit next time, as it seems to be a great value, and if the quality of the other cleaners match what I`ve used so far, then... YAHOO !! :bounce

All together, I`m very pleased with my recent purchases and salute the crew at CMA for some killer products. I look forward to trying some of the other new stuff soon.

Fellow Autopians please let me know if you have additional questions that I left unanswered.

Post Thanks / Like
    jimwh,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a good and detailed review!

I use the same towel and my results pretty much mirror yours. I`m able to make it last through the entire drying process by squeeging my windows with the CWB, and by opening and slamming my doors and trunk before using the BB towel. Other than that the BB towel really does make drying a lot easier.

Thread Information