Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Towel comparison

This is not a scientific comparison but a practical use comparison. I sprayed water on a vertical surface mirror and noted how much water was removed with minimal wipes of the cloth (wickability) and how much lint was left behind. I did not test the removal of waxes, polishes, Klasse, Blackfire or Zaino. However, I think the wickability and lack of linting determines the best MF towels for drying a car and for QD’ing. To be able to clean windows and dry a vehicle quickly with little to no wringing and no linting during QD’ing is a big benefit to me. As far as the ability to scratch a CD, this topic has been addressed before.

Items under test

Miracle Towel from CMA (August 2001) medium weight, plush, wickability good, linting- very high amounts, good edge serging

Miracle Towel from TACSCAR (around August 2001) medium weight, plush, wickability good, linting- very high amounts, good edge serging

Neatitems.com lightweight, softest, plushest, wickability- excellent, linting- none, average edge serging

YoSteve.com- lightweight, plush, soft, wickability- excellent, linting- none, excellent edge serging

Nicsand –(dark blue) medium weight, not very plush, wickability- okay, no linting, good edge serging

Kleanride.com- Edge Tech MF Cloths (had a viper label) light blue, lightweight, plushness low, wickability- poor, linting- high, average edge serging

Koala Soft medium weight, looks ratty after 1 washing, wickability- good, linting- none, average edge serging

Fieldcrest Charisma heavyweight, very deep pile (plush), (not as soft as neatitems or Yo Steve’s), wickability- good, linting- none, excellent edge serging

Ability to wick water:

Neatitems- excellent

Yo Steve - excellent

Charisma- good

Miracle Towel- excellent

Nicsand- average

Edge Tech (blue Viper)- poor

Bottom line- best towels are Neatitems and Yo Steve, followed by Fieldcrest Charisma and Koala. I heard that the new MT’s from Tacscar and CMA are improved however with neatitems and Yo Steve, there is no need to wonder about quality and performance and there is no lint problem. It`s unfortunate that the first premium priced MF`s I purchased were the linting MT`s and they really turned me off to MF`s. Yo Steve, ShowroomLincoln, Don2000g and others kept telling me how good an MF could be, well now I finally agree, the good MF`s are amazing! Since Yo Steve is an avid detailer, you can trust his quality control for consistent towels for auto use.

I have photos of the towels to post but I can`t get the attach files option to work. Any ideas?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    rad21, thanks for ordering for the benefit of others and the good review :up I remember the mf discussions of the past of people that shot down mf`s completely. my only statement then was when you get a good one judge that one, don`t judge by the bad ones cause it`s not an accurate judgement. I would much rather have it be like now where we compare all the towels which are good. Also thanks for rating the serging because that is an important consideration as well in the overall quality of a towel.

As for your photos, make sure they are small. open them up in paint or photoeditor and resize and resave them, look at them at 100% and make them online size and they should be small enough to attach using the features here. Saving them temporarily to the desktop also makes them easier to find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo 1 (Premium Products) shows large mint green neatitems towel with (from L to R) 15x15 suede green neatitems, 15x15 plush mint green neatitems, 15x15 YoSteve blue plush, 12x12 neatitems blue plush, above that is the YoSteve mini plush both sides light blue, White Fieldcrest Charisma hand towel is folded and shown above the other MF’s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo 2(other products) shows from L to R, yellow no name “glass†MF, Blue Viper, Dark Blue Nicsand, Yellow “glass†Nicsand, MT from CMA, Koala Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    :up.pics came out good too....just out of curiosity...are the Charismas there reg chrismas or select.... im thinking they`re regulars cause the selects are softer than any MF..IMHO...i have steve`s MF`s and the opriginal CMA miracles...and they are soft as heck...but the select are softer....doesnt matter cause i dont use cotton towels for anything except taking Z off....just wanting to pester u ...thats all!!:p

Post Thanks / Like
    FLONI,

The Charismas are not the "select". Bro, you tellin` me I need to buy more towels?? Maybe next year (only a few days to go):bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review. With the various mf towels that I have tried, I tend to agree with your ratings. Now it`s time to test the other 248 brands available.

Post Thanks / Like
    save your $ for some other good stuff....

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    get that cotton towel away from mine, the microfibers will grab and keep the cotton fibers in the towel!!!! haha but seriously they will so don`t let them hang out too long together

Post Thanks / Like
    How do the NeatItems and YoSteve towels compare? Thanx...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have CMA`s towel which is the same as YoSteve`s. I put Neatitems a fraction below his.

LC

Post Thanks / Like
    original Miracle from Cma(from last june) as the best i ever had...then those went down hill fast....steve`s...the best out there right now IMHO...then neatitems(green)...ill put the bigblu waffle from cma in its own category cause its awesome for drying and the ohters cant come close(unless you use like 2-3 smaller Mf`s):up

Post Thanks / Like
    Floni....

What towel are you referring to "Big Blue Waffle" from CMA? I can`t find anything like that on their site....

H

Post Thanks / Like
    I think FLONI had one too many Waffles from Waffle HOUSE.

I believe he is refering to the Big Blue MF from CMA. It has a waffle weave but they call it the large size MF. I am sure puter or someone could drum a linky thing here soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    type l;efty fpor doem,==reason....................

here it is...................

http://www.properautocare.com/bigbludryint.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information