Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clay Magic

Post Thanks / Like
    Laguna Hills is the southernmost city in Orange County, so no matter where you live, Chatsworth isn`t more than 70 miles away. It`s a "worst case scenario" kind of thing.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I`m not going to get into geography lessons here, but you seriously need to look at a map. Laguna Hills is far from being the southernmost city in O.C.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Laguna Hills thing was a guess but you said southern OC so that place is as good as any.

Mapquest told me 78 miles from Laguna Hills to Chatsworth. Didn`t input specific addresses so it could be a few more or less miles than 78. Which is why I said 70ish.

Rand McNally shows San Clemente as the southernmost city in Orange County.

jn - go to Detailing Depot. I think you`ll be pleasantly suprised. That kind of retail store is very very hard to keep open. Hard to turn enough profit selling car wax and fancy towels. I hope that every enthusiast in OC patronizes the place, if only to help keep the doors open. OC is one of the few places in America that can support a retailer like that. You have noooooo idea how good you have it.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did go to Detailing Depot today and made a small purchase. It seems like they are really geared for the professional (as there are soooo many of them here in SoCal) rather than the enthusiast, but there are still some not so easy to find products available there.

For anyone interested, as this is a Clay Magic thread there are a few different clay products at Detailing Depot. They have the Meguiars retail kit, and the yellow and red bars. They also had what they just called Japanese blue wax (two kinds) foir $20 and some gray stuff for $15. Don`t know anything about these, or how they compare with Clay Magic, Mothers, etc. All of these clays with the exception of the Meguiars kit are sold on there own so you can choose your own lubricant.

I chose to go with the Mothers kit as I have read some favorable reviews here, and I really had no idea what I was getting with the "generic" clays at D. Depot. I have read nothing good about Meguiars clay so didn`t want to buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mother`s bar is a good choice if the Clay Magic bar isn`t available.

Some folks have said there is little difference between clay bars since they all do the same basic job. But as you saw at DD, there is a diff between bars.

You`re right, it is a place for pros. But they are trying to go more mainstream while keeping the pros happy. I had a great coversation with the owner (who`s name I embarrassingly cannot recall) and he said first they are goingto overhaul their website, then upgrade & expand their retail selection.

As a former pro, all the stuff they had in their I found very exciting. But I guess for the typical driveway enthusiast the selection leaves a little to be desired. Still, places like the Depot really do not exist in any numbers outside California.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information