Thread: Rain-X

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve certainly been having fun getting a great education on detailing as a Newbie from all you folks. So, let me run this by the panel of experts: I`ve been using Rain-X on my Subaru for years, works great functionally. I definitely like what it does in terms of sheeting off the water; it really does eliminate the need for wipers at highway speeds. But now I`m looking forward to my 325xi coming in December, and I`ve been boning up on washes, waxes, polymers, et al. Planning on going with the Zaino system. Will Rain-X affect the Zaino polymer? Detailking has suggested using Z2 on the windows. Anyone else use it this way? Will this have the same effect? Other suggestions? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    IF you like RAIN X on the windows keep using it.

I use the Z on the windows and it is about the same in performance but has less streaking and hazing when using the wipers at slow speeds. Plus I find it easier to clean the windows later on.

I am sure KLasse is about the same as well for windows.

Good Luck and Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    So you should avoid getting it on any painted areas if you are going to use it. I personally use Z2 on my outside windows and like it just fine. Put it this way - no matter what you use on your paint RainX would have the same caveats. With Z2 don`t expect the water to just fly off at 10 mph, though. Also I`ve heard that RainX can cause your wiperblades to deteriorate because the silicone-based chemicals are known to attack rubber - especially bad for tires.
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not really paid attention and tired different way of applying klasse to windows but if you can do it correctly and not have it make smears (don`t know if it was too cold, too short of a time or too long or whatever) it makes cleaning them after they are wet really really easy, just grab a dry cloth and buff em and they look like you just spend quite a bit of time on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definately use Zaino on the side and rear windows. It really adds to the detailed look of the car and makes them a snap to clean. They come out perfect after each wash with just a little Z6, and no glass cleaners are required. AS for the front window, I have used rainx and zaino and both work well. Sometimes rainX can cause the wipers to be loud and skip, but if you don`t have that problem, use either on the front windshield....both work well.

Thread Information