Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question for all the Zanio users, a couple of post`s I have read got me wondering.

What are some of the points why people prefer zanio over Klasse, I just want to know. If you think Klasse sucks just say it, I am wondering what the Zanio users know that I don`t.

Is Zanio just better, easier to apply, easier to remove, the gloss is way better Klasse etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both, but Zaino more.

They are different yet similar. I find Z easier to apply and remove but you tend to have to stick with the system more.

As for Klasse it is easy to apply but a bit harder to remove. And you can top it with a carnuba wax if you desire. More experimentation has been done with Klasse.

Both can be layered. Both offer great protection. Both Shine great. Both have great gloss. K sheets sometimes while the Z beads water.

Try em both and see which you like better. It is all personal taste. Nothing anyone says can change what you like to look at.

If you cannot afford to try both then stick with whichever you are using. I do not think you will be able to see that much difference from afar maybe up close but not from over say 6 feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve not used Klasse, so I can`t do a direct comparison on gloss or longevity. However, from reading past posts on the forum, I get the impression that Klasse is difficult to work with in the sun. This is an issue for me (apartment dweller) . . . I typically have to do at least some of my summer detailing in sunlight. The first polymer that I ever used was Liquid Glass, and I tried it in large part because it stated on the bottle that it could be applied/removed in the sun.

I switched to Zaino after learning that it also could be applied in the sun, and that it left minimal residue when removing (that was about my only gripe with LG: lots of white dust when removing). I`m anxious to give both Blackfire and Klasse a try, but it will have to wait until I have my own home/garage.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget about the new product Blackfire. It is supposed to be easier to apply and remove than both and can be rubbed off within minutes, instead of hours like Zaino. At least until ZFX is available.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Klasse is better than Zaino I am afraid to try it. What Zaino has done to my garage queen is nothing short of incredible. I am almost ashame to drive the car now because it is so "show car" appearing that people probably think I`m seeking attention. It is hard to drive such a detailed car when 98% of the population in this town thinks XYZ wax from K-mart is the joint. But I am thinking about Klassing the Lexus just for comparaison and the ability to have a friends detailing shop throw a coat of carnuba every so often. With Zaino no topper is necessary. No one touches the Z28 but me.

I can`t imagine being addicted to two cars using Zaino...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point about applying in the sun. Yes that is a plus for Z.

I have not had dry problems here with either K or Z. By the time I apply to entire vehicle, chug beer, I remove them. Of course I am applying it to different vehicles and on different days.

Also removal of Z is very simple I have never had a problem. It is easier to remove then apply to me.

The AIo is easy to remove as well but SG can be stubburn some times. But if you follow the tips on here about how to apply and remove them both it is pretty easy as well.

From what I have read on here it seems Blackfire is more like Z except that it cures much quicker so more layers can be applied in one day (up to 3). I also bet it will provide the same protection as compared to K & Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. I find zaino easier to work with. Klasse goes on easy, and is very easy to apply in thin coats, but can be difficult to buff off. There are a few different methods out there people have for removal to make it easier, but no real textbook standard.

2. Zaino beads water, KLASSE sheets. This is a matter of preference. Some people prefer beading so they can tell when it is time to rewax, while others prefer sheeting to try and minimize water spoting.

3. Shine is very similar. Zaino has more of a clear, glassy, reflective shine as if the car was coated in glass. KLASSE seems to tint the car redder, blacker,etc,etc, and make it look like a "wetter" reflection. My dad actually likes that KLASSE makes his blue caddy look a shade darker.

4. Slickness - zaino wins hands down

5. Prep - zaino is non abrasive so the surface should be properly prepped before it is applied. KLASSE AIO tackles most of this in the one step.

With that said, there are a number of users that use both with great results. Most klasse users find the need to top with a carnuba to seek more depth, while zaino users seem to enjoy just layering it to infinity. My biggest complaint with Klasse is lack of a contact for customer support to answer the questions we all have on the removal, curing, drying, layering, and hazing. The product has been around since the 1970`s, so one would think that all this stuff would of been documented and sorted out already. Luckily some of the top dogs on this board have done enough experimenting with it that it is mostly all sorted out. This board is a great resource.

Post Thanks / Like
    Detail King - that`s what I was looking for.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know a lot about Zaino but with Klasse there`s no rewaxing (if you do it twice a year) Simple as that. Therefore there`s no need to test it if you don`t like sheeting (have a theory for sheeting and beading, but I`ll maybe post that in another thread). If your shine looks shot then you might want to add a layer or too and that`s it. And frankly if you Z your car twice a year and you see it go from beading to not beading (your traditional test mentod) then what does that say about the durability of Z.

If you only feel like working two weekends a year (if not less) and washing your car and QD is not a problem for you then Klasse is the way to go. I`ll be trying either BF or Z in the spring so who knows how my opinion may change, all I know is twice a year for Klasse is it and it looks good the whole year, and that `s a hard combo to beat.

I have pics of my car in at 5 months with only OGShO and they look awesome. I want to see Z and BF after only QD after 6 to be fully convinced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino looks excellent on metallic colors (as I`m sure Klasse does as well). I have a couple coats on a silver car and it really makes the metallic particles stand out on an already very shiny surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    of all the good things people say ...as my car is a darkish grey lustre(metallic0....but...i just think the Z is so friggin easy to get on/off..it gives me more time with my interior.........i do all my detailing on the street.sometimes.a busy street......i cant be out ther putting topers on and all......seriously.i know that i want my car to look good.and although you dont need a topper with the Klasse.i know that ill want to do it to get the "best" look i can.as 90% of others here do(blitz...etc)...i thought of trying a sample but the weather turned to crap.....i would definitely try it and have recommended it to many here and elsewhere who dont want the mailorder/check and waiting type thing like with z.....but i tell ya.like others have said......i love the way it looks on my car.and the chrome wheels....its so easy to clean now(im sure this would be the case with K also)....as for the "plastic` looking thingy mentioned....i like the candy apple look with all the Z6 on there....i dunno...i like it...and if i apply the Z on the side panels with that up/down thing...it looks deep to me....i will say that the "deepness` thing everybody talks about is the main reason i first got interested in K....so we`ll see in the spring........BTW....i got my hands on a little ZFX.....from a friend in NJ....so this w/e...im giving that a try........im psyched.....also would like to try Bf....after a few more full reviews about durability and all....the main reason i havent tried Klasse really is i dont want yosteve to have the satisfaction of annoying me to death if i like it............j/k :p

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by FLONI [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>of all the good things people say ...as my car is a darkish grey lustre(metallic0....but...i just think the Z is so friggin easy to get on/off..it gives me more time with my interior.........i do all my detailing on the street.sometimes.a busy street......i cant be out ther putting topers on and all......seriously.i know that i want my car to look good.and although you dont need a topper with the Klasse.i know that ill want to do it to get the "best" look i can.as 90% of others here do(blitz...etc)...i thought of trying a sample but the weather turned to crap.....i would definitely try it and have recommended it to many here and elsewhere who dont want the mailorder/check and waiting type thing like with z.....but i tell ya.like others have said......i love the way it looks on my car.and the chrome wheels....its so easy to clean now(im sure this would be the case with K also)....as for the "plastic` looking thingy mentioned....i like the candy apple look with all the Z6 on there....i dunno...i like it...and if i apply the Z on the side panels with that up/down thing...it looks deep to me....i will say that the "deepness` thing everybody talks about is the main reason i first got interested in K....so we`ll see in the spring........BTW....i got my hands on a little ZFX.....from a friend in NJ....so this w/e...im giving that a try........im psyched.....also would like to try Bf....after a few more full reviews about durability and all....the main reason i havent tried Klasse really is i dont want yosteve to have the satisfaction of annoying me to death if i like it............j/k :p [/b]</blockquote>

No wonder we get along so well, Floni. We both have gray Maximas.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    For darker colored cars, I definitely prefer Klasse. Even on white, I tend to prefer Klasse. For a silver or grey car, however, I tend to prefer Zaino. Both products are excellent. I find myself bored though with Zaino. It`s an easy system and all you do is apply Z-2 and an occasional Z1 or Z-5. I kind of like layering Klasse SG and then topping with a carnauba of your choice. Sometimes I`d use Blitz, sometimes Pinnacle PG or sometimes even Souveran. It`s great to have choices. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    It rained yesterday and my 330i that is Klassed/Souveran formed all these pretty little beads which gives the indication that it is still being protected. The Mustang that has Blackfire on the trunk demonstrated the sheeting. Sheeting is very similar to beading, except that the beads coalesce into bigger beads that roll off the surface sort of like the Mercury that was used in Terminator 2 for the "newer and better" Terminator. I think it would be very easy to tell when the sheeting action turned to "wetting out" indicating that the protection was gone. Now the question of which I prefer more.... When it is still wet, the beading is very pretty. But little beads leave little freckles. Sheeting leaves fewer water spots, but the ones that it does leave are bigger. Both cases, the spots need to be QD`d out or washed off. Because of this, beading or sheeting is not a prime factor for my choosing a product.

H

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information