Post Thanks / Like
    BS* is Bodywork Shampoo.

The price is $17.95 for 16 oz. from www.properautocare.com

I got a free sample from PassatPunk (Thanks!).

The test subject is a 1999 MB Ruby Red/Burgundy ML320 that was previously treated with two coats of Souveran (early July) and not washed since. It is maintained by a cali duster and OG Show off/ Meguiars QD once a week since the two coats of Souveran. The car is a weekend warrior(during the summer months). It is garaged the rest of the time, but as winter is approached I think it was better to go with klasse AIO. This car will be driven daily in the winter due to the kids need someone to drop the off first.

Ok the test, it is 7:00PM in NJ. The temperature is 72 degrees F based on the thermometer inside the MB. The humidty is 60 % based on the 10 PM forcast.

I have sinned, I did not use the two bucket method of washing this car, but heck it wasn`t that dirty, as is before the wash, it is cleaner than any MB M series I`ve seen in NJ. Driven last on Sunday. I poured about one teaspoon of the shampoo into a 5 gallon bucket. Smells so nice, almost like a tropical drink. I filled it up with about 3 1/2 gallons of water. Wow look at the suds, not as sudsy as Meguiars (but I use twice as much) but really sudsy. I dipped down the wash pad into the bucket, wow its so slippery. I proceded to wash the truck from top down. I worked my way to the lower panels and the suds were still there, but not much left. It was still pretty slippery. The pad seemed to glide over the surface.

The resulting finish, after drying with the Ca water blade and a Cannon towel, the finished was looking good, even though it was almost dark. The Pinnacle really seemed to enhance the Souveran. The surface was slick, and I bet if I used some Show Off on it, it would have been restored to almost Souveran`d look, but not quite, but pretty darn close.

My opinions, really slippery and provided a lot of suds from so little. I still go back to my Gold Class because I love the stuff to death, very inexpensive, I do have a tight budget. Don`t get me wrong but the Pinnacle wash is tops and meant for you out there with your pride and joy, but the people I detail cars for don`t mind, they usually get a wash and klasse/Blitz/Souveran treatment so Gold Class suits me well.

On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 9.8. If it was like $30 a gallon I`ll surely buy a gallon and have it replace the Gold Class, but I don`t see that happening anytime soon, so Gold Class for me.

So you car care fanatics out there looking for a good wash/pamper your baby, and willing to pay a little more, get the Pinnacle. For the people that are cost effective and "cheap" or on a tight budget, a gallon of Gold Class will last a while.

Hope this helps anyone,
    Jason

EDIT: I put on a coat of Klasse AIO this morning. Then the owner drove to work. I will hopefully Qd the car tonight, and wax it with Blitz tomorrow morning, and that would be the winter prep. I know, no extra coat of AIO or multiple of SG, but hey its a SUV, its supposed to get dirty. He`s thinking about trading it in anyway, so I was like oh well just get it protected for the winter and I think Klasse AIO and Blitz will provide that.

This gray background is making my editing hard and I missed a few spelling correction. Sorry for any typos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Review Jason, thanks for taking the time to write it up. I like you use the Meguiars Gold Class. You just cant beat that price. Maybe next summer I will give the Pinnacle a shot. But, only if i`m feelin` rich.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, I knew you would love the Pinnacle shampoo. It is awesome stuff. My favorite wash right now. P21 just behind. Also, I`m glad that you headed my advice to not invest in the Pinnacle shampoo. It is pricey stuff and your customers won`t know the difference between this product and Meguiars Gold Class shampoo. Now where is that review of the Pinnacle Paste Glaze. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason I really like the Pinnacle wash. I think it`s one of the best. I only have a 16 once bottle and I only use it about once a month. I still use Zymol wash in between. If the Pinnacle wash was slightly cheaper I would love to buy a gallon.

Great review.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could get away with using only 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of PBS by using a foam dispencer and a mini-mf towel.

Your expensive shampoo will last longer than without using the despenser, a lot longer.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    My only gripe with it is that it totally removed the Pinnacle Paste Glaz wax from my Porsche with one wash. Right down to the squeeky clean bare paint. Kinda bummed me out. Had to redo everything. Been afraid to use it on anything ever since.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Aha! I knew there was one member here who had complained about something like that. Are you serious Brad? How old was the Paste Glaze coat. I remember you stating many times that you wash your cars with very little soap and that your wash is more water based than many of us use.

Brad, you should try it again and let us know if it happens yet again. I really want to know more about this potential problem. I haven`t heard of anyone else complain of the Pinnacle wash yet. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Pinnacle wash on a car waxed with Souveran and it did not remove the wax. My experience is that Pinnacle is very gentle on wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey fellow Autopians, the Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo with TUFF SUDS is on sale.

Click on CMA and go to the holiday specials section. It is $9.95 for 16 oz.

$59.95 for the Pinnacle Paste Glaz sizzling shine kit or for $79.95 you can head up onto Souveran.

Happy Holiday`s,

Jason

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, thanks for the heads up! but you really gotta stop advertising everyone`s sales otherwise I will buy everything

The last kit you referred me too including a bottle of peanut butter sandwiches, I mean PBS and now I have two! and the problem with that is since I use that foaming dispenser to despense the PBS, it takes only a table spoon for a whole car. Looks like I`ll have a lifetime`s worth of the product at this rate. I really recommend you try out the foaming dispencer to use on your favorite car shampoo; it really foams it up

Thread Information