Post Thanks / Like

DON`T use in direct sun or blisteringly hot??!!

Most products say to use caution or not to use in direct sun on a hot surface. HOWEVER ...

One of the things Anthony O sent me in the Nexzen `goodie bag` was a bottle of Ceramic Xpress, their spray topper for the 365 Pro 1 year coating and suggested I use it after washing to help maintain the coating.

This past few days, I did maintenance washes on my wife`s car and my Camaro. I did the wife`s car first, it was roughly 80* and mostly sunny, and I decided to see how well the Ceramic Xpress did in those conditions. The surface was very warm and I applied one spray to my applicator and wiped it on. There was some SLIGHT smearing, but by the time I had finished applying to the hood, they were gone.

Too, I noticed there was NO residue remaining that needed buffed off ???? This has NEVER happened with ANY product before EVER! Thinking it a mistake in application on my part, I was extra diligent in applying to the rest of the car, but the results were the same ... no residual product remained, and the surface was super slick.

Fast forward to two days ago. Full sun, 85* and the surface of my roof and hood were almost too hot to touch - even with a folded applicator towel between my hand and the paint (in the time it took me to apply the Ceramic Xpress to 1/2 the roof, my hand almost felt burned). I got the same - if not better results than on the wife`s car. No need for any residue removal, super-slick and it looked incredible. It was pure "Wipe On, Walk Away." Several hours later, when the car had cooled off in the garage, the finish was still incredibly slick, with no signs at all that I had applied the Ceramic Xpress without removing it.

I contacted Anthony and explained what had happened. He said he has never seen or experienced what I described - perhaps out of habit, he never thought to try it on a burning hot surface - but he did remark that it was fascinating.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DON`T use in direct sun or blisteringly hot??!!

Don:
    I assume you have "production" products from Nexzen with their printed labels on them like a consumer would buy and not a beta-test product without a label.
    Is there ANY information within the directions on the label of this (or their other) products that it MAY BE USED in direct sunlight or hot surfaces?
    Yes, I understand trying to write and print instructions for any-and-all situations that an end-consumer may be using this product with or on (Like a matte finish or PPF wrapped vehicle) is impossible (IE, trying make it idiot-proof), but that piece of information seems to be important enough to include on this (and other) product label(s) if this is the case. Same with DO NOT USE in temps below 40°F or whatever cold temp threshold may have been determined from product testing or beta-tester feedback. Or am I being too Captain Obvious pragmatic or practical (OR maybe you are the "idiot", Captain Obvious)???
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Don:
    I assume you have "production" products from Nexzen with their printed labels on them like a consumer would buy and not a beta-test product without a label.
    Is there ANY information within the directions on the label of this (or their other) products that it MAY BE USED in direct sunlight or hot surfaces?
    Yes, I understand trying to write and print instructions for any-and-all situations that an end-consumer may be using this product with or on (Like a matte finish or PPF wrapped vehicle) is impossible (IE, trying make it idiot-proof), but that piece of information seems to be important enough to include on this (and other) product label(s) if this is the case. Same with DO NOT USE in temps below 40°F or whatever cold temp threshold may have been determined from product testing or beta-tester feedback. Or am I being too Captain Obvious pragmatic or practical (OR maybe you are the "idiot", Captain Obvious)???

Yes, they are production products. No, there are no "real" instructions on the labels.

The instruction in product usage came through a phone call with Anthony back when I received the products. I have tried GOOGLING Nexzen and scouring YouTube for videos, but no joy. I think the line is simply TOO NEW in the U.S. and hasn`t hit the mainstream to the point where a ton of people are using it yet.

I do know that *I* will be ordering more when I run out, I was that impressed.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you will be ordering this product line "Factory Direct" from the company/manufacturer (IE, from the company website), or do you need to go through Anthony O.?

On a completely but related question, what are your like and dislikes of the new-to-you 2017 Camaro, now that you have driven it for a "few miles"?
    AND, do you prefer the metallic blue over the black of the 2015 Camaro you used to own? While vehicle color is a very subjective attribute or characteristic to an owner, I ask because there are two of those characteristics that are kind of important, at least to me:
    1) It is easy to maintain and look clean?
    2a) Do you get unsolicited compliments about it, in particular, the color?
    2b) In a current sea of black, gray, and white non-descript vehicles on the road today, a vehicle with "actual color" on it just stand out (My observation; even a rare Lime-colored Chevy Spark will garner a glancing-look from me).
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I assume you will be ordering this product line "Factory Direct" from the company/manufacturer (IE, from the company website), or do you need to go through Anthony O.?

On a completely but related question, what are your like and dislikes of the new-to-you 2017 Camaro, now that you have driven it for a "few miles"?
    AND, do you prefer the metallic blue over the black of the 2015 Camaro you used to own? While vehicle color is a very subjective attribute or characteristic to an owner, I ask because there are two of those characteristics that are kind of important, at least to me:
    1) It is easy to maintain and look clean?
    2a) Do you get unsolicited compliments about it, in particular, the color?
    2b) In a current sea of black, gray, and white non-descript vehicles on the road today, a vehicle with "actual color" on it just stand out (my observation).
    Yes, factory direct.

1) MUCH easier than high-gloss black, especially in this pollen-apocalypse season we`re having right now. At really low angles (such as sitting in the driver`s seat), the pollen layer is very visible, but at steeper angles, it`s a lot harder to see and `diminishes` the overall appearance far less.
    2a) Quite a few (including one from my wife when I was picking it up after getting an estimate for a kill switch ... she forgot that it was MY car LMAO)
    2b) You are right, the "Hyper-Blue Metallic" (gotta make sure I get the name right, or aggravate the Camaro purists LOL) really sticks out and doesn`t tend to disappear like my black one did.

Overall, it`s a better car than my 5th gen (especially with the supercharger and 376 hp / 319 tq at the wheels). The aftermarket exhaust makes it a touch louder than I would like when getting on the gas, and the ease at which it can be stolen (due to the keyless system) is more than a bit irritating - Kill Switch coming SOON! The interior is noticeably tighter than the 5th gen, but since MOST of the time, it`s just me and maybe the wife or ONE of the kids, it`s livable.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Just took this pic, two days (and a ton of pollen) since doing the maintenance cleaning.

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Stokdgs, 65chevy liked this post

Thread Information