Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s NXT Car Wash

Those of us who have been here a long time surely remember the reputation this car wash had. It was "strong" and would "strip your protection." While that may have been true, I always really enjoyed using it. It cleaned well, sheeted water, had a cool translucent purple glow, and I was really fond of the scent. When Meguiar`s took it off the shelves years ago I really missed it. It was always my OTC car wash of choice (along with Gold Class). I had tried ordering bottles off eBay a couple times to have them hung up in customs and never appear.

Well, I recently found some available on Amazon and promptly bought a couple bottles. I had a chance to use it again last night and let me tell you, I was instantly transported back to 2004 when I was just getting into hobbyist level detailing and was most active on this forum (back then as BlackSunshine... the first BlackSunshine, not the imposter). Even though last night I was washing my wife`s mom-mobile Buick, in my head I was back in college washing my Pontiac GTO with my only cares in the world being midterms and finals. I was reminded how much I really did enjoy this product and I hope it remains available on Amazon.

Still cleans well, still sheets water, still smells the same as I remember. Even the old graphics on the bottle haven`t changed
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s NXT Car Wash

Ha, great story. I also joined Autopia.org in 2004 when I got back into detailing from a hiatus (the join date in my profile is from when I joined Autopia Forums).

I also loved that NXT smell. I think we now realize the "stripping your protection" was simply the sheeting polymers clogging your LSP.

I`m a little puzzled, it would seem from the numbers sold at Amazon and the fact they are the seller, that the wash and the wax are back in production, rather than this being NOS, however I don`t see anything on the Meguiar`s forum about it.

Kids, get it while it`s hot, Meg`s is notorious for killing products at the end of the year if they don`t sell well.

EDIT: I see the wax is being sold thru Amazon by "Dave`s Electronics" so maybe that`s NOS. I`ll pass on that, it was a trim stainer like all of those Meg`s "waxes" of the day.

EDIT EDIT: I posted something on MOL, we`ll see if I get an answer.
    Likes TGates liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha, great story. I also joined Autopia.org in 2004 when I got back into detailing from a hiatus (the join date in my profile is from when I joined Autopia Forums).

I also loved that NXT smell. I think we now realize the "stripping your protection" was simply the sheeting polymers clogging your LSP.

I`m a little puzzled, it would seem from the numbers sold at Amazon and the fact they are the seller, that the wash and the wax are back in production, rather than this being NOS, however I don`t see anything on the Meguiar`s forum about it.

Kids, get it while it`s hot, Meg`s is notorious for killing products at the end of the year if they don`t sell well.

EDIT: I see the wax is being sold thru Amazon by "Dave`s Electronics" so maybe that`s NOS. I`ll pass on that, it was a trim stainer like all of those Meg`s "waxes" of the day.

EDIT EDIT: I posted something on MOL, we`ll see if I get an answer.
    Interested to see what MOL has to say. I think it`s been available in international markets since it was removed from the shelves in the US. Either way, for $11 a bottle, I`m going to buy a few just in case it becomes scarce again. I guess it`s the new M16 for me.

FWIW, I`ve never had any trouble finding the wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Stoops (Meguiar`s) says this has to be old stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Mike Stoops (Meguiar`s) says this has to be old stock.
    Well I`m happy to buy some of that old stock for $11 a bottle. I`ve got three now so that should last me a long time. Am I the only one that prefers the NXT stuff to the Ultimate stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t know, I have so much car wash from my "flavor of the month club" days I`m still trying to use up. I`m on my gallon of Meg`s 62 now, and I have a gallon of Griot`s, plus some other smaller bottles of wash. I do mostly rinseless these days.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

NXT always worked well in my hard water.

Thread Information