Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Meg`s D2002-RTU Iron Removing Spray Clay is what I bought because:
1) It was available over-the-counter (at O`reilly`s Auto Parts store)
2) It was cheap and I did not want to pay for a gallon
3) I know Meg`s products work
I used it on a White Chevy Traverse that was a wheelchair conversion vehicle. Just follow the directions, and yes, I did bleed here-and-there.
I ended up claying the whole vehicle anyway because of some HORRIBLE (AKA, a lot of!) black painted trim overspray from the conversion process.
JSFM35X, I would be interested in your thoughts and experience when you use this iron remover on a vehicle and how it compares to the other iron removers you may use.

I do have some safety concerns about using an iron remover:
1) Do you need to wear an N95 mask to avoid breathing in the mist?
2) Does it harm newer (AKA, not fully cured) concrete driveways outdoors or garage floor if indoors)?
3) I assume most of you do this outside, and NOT on a windy day (overspray threatening bushes or flower landscaping)
4) Can you use an iron remover as a "lite" acid wheel cleaner? (rim really, NOT the tire AND actually iron rotor dust, NOT brake dust)
I have used Meguiar`s Ultimate Wheel Cleaner as an iron remover when I ran out of my iron remover but wanted to finish the rest of the car. Parts or the car turned red. It is a little thicker, but worked great. So I feel they are somewhat interchangable for iron and/or wheels.
And I have always used them outside, and even on windy days. I just made sure I always sprayed with the wind taking it away from me. I will admit I have never wore a mask... maybe not a good thing. I always make sure as I spray I am not breathing, and take my breaths away and between sprays. I would think a mask would be good ppe to have though.