Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for Iron remover recommendation

The thing about the acid products, whether it be for wheels or paint decon, is that it doesn`t do the "bleeding" which is of course an important consumer consideration, and maybe even as an indicator in professional use. I don`t think I gave much thought back in the acid decon days as to whether a single treatment was removing all the contaminants. I still have some of the VG Chrome Wheel Cleaner and the "B".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    I have been using Gyeon Q2M Iron and Have been very happy with it.
    I bet it is. Been happy with the Gyeon products I’ve used. Just kind of pricey for iron remover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    IMO Valugard should`ve kept on selling online directly. I bet the pro and enthusiast market might be bigger than they think.
    The gallon-size is the killer. Quart-sized would be ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

I so agree! It’s just not going to happen
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    The nano skin won’t be here until next Wednesday. So I picked up the Meguiar’s liquid clay iron remover. 25 bucks less 10% for 32oz.
    Hope to try it tomorrow AM. Will report back. I’m sure I’m and over user but I usually use 10-16 oz per car. I think with a better trigger that mists better I might use less.

Will report back and thanks for the advice.

If the nano skin is not as good as iron X I’ll try Mckees next.
    Meg`s D2002-RTU Iron Removing Spray Clay is what I bought because:
    1) It was available over-the-counter (at O`reilly`s Auto Parts store)
    2) It was cheap and I did not want to pay for a gallon
    3) I know Meg`s products work
    I used it on a White Chevy Traverse that was a wheelchair conversion vehicle. Just follow the directions, and yes, I did bleed here-and-there.
    I ended up claying the whole vehicle anyway because of some HORRIBLE (AKA, a lot of!) black painted trim overspray from the conversion process.
    JSFM35X, I would be interested in your thoughts and experience when you use this iron remover on a vehicle and how it compares to the other iron removers you may use.

I do have some safety concerns about using an iron remover:
    1) Do you need to wear an N95 mask to avoid breathing in the mist?
    2) Does it harm newer (AKA, not fully cured) concrete driveways outdoors or garage floor if indoors)?
    3) I assume most of you do this outside, and NOT on a windy day (overspray threatening bushes or flower landscaping)
    4) Can you use an iron remover as a "lite" acid wheel cleaner? (rim really, NOT the tire AND actually iron rotor dust, NOT brake dust)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Meg`s D2002-RTU Iron Removing Spray Clay is what I bought because:
    1) It was available over-the-counter (at O`reilly`s Auto Parts store)
    2) It was cheap and I did not want to pay for a gallon
    3) I know Meg`s products work
    I used it on a White Chevy Traverse that was a wheelchair conversion vehicle. Just follow the directions, and yes, I did bleed here-and-there.
    I ended up claying the whole vehicle anyway because of some HORRIBLE (AKA, a lot of!) black painted trim overspray from the conversion process.
    JSFM35X, I would be interested in your thoughts and experience when you use this iron remover on a vehicle and how it compares to the other iron removers you may use.

I do have some safety concerns about using an iron remover:
    1) Do you need to wear an N95 mask to avoid breathing in the mist?
    2) Does it harm newer (AKA, not fully cured) concrete driveways outdoors or garage floor if indoors)?
    3) I assume most of you do this outside, and NOT on a windy day (overspray threatening bushes or flower landscaping)
    4) Can you use an iron remover as a "lite" acid wheel cleaner? (rim really, NOT the tire AND actually iron rotor dust, NOT brake dust)
    I have used Meguiar`s Ultimate Wheel Cleaner as an iron remover when I ran out of my iron remover but wanted to finish the rest of the car. Parts or the car turned red. It is a little thicker, but worked great. So I feel they are somewhat interchangable for iron and/or wheels.
    And I have always used them outside, and even on windy days. I just made sure I always sprayed with the wind taking it away from me. I will admit I have never wore a mask... maybe not a good thing. I always make sure as I spray I am not breathing, and take my breaths away and between sprays. I would think a mask would be good ppe to have though.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Gyeon and Gtechnic. Both were good. Laboscosmetica`s Sidero is by far the best though. Diluited 1:4 I get four times the amount of product for the what the other brands cost. It`s also a thick gel-like solution that clings to the paint better and stays wet for much longer.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    Laboscosmetica`s Sidero is by far the best though. Diluited 1:4 I get four times the amount of product for the what the other brands cost. It`s also a thick gel-like solution that clings to the paint better and stays wet for much longer.
    How`s the smell on that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    How`s the smell on that?
    Smells just as bad as they all do.

Post Thanks / Like

Finest Сasual Dating - Live Women

Discover the ultimate in relaxed romance with the best casual dating platform!
    Living Women
    Unsurpassed Сasual Dating
    Actual Girls
    Dislikes PoisonTheWell disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ah jeeze, I open this thread to see what Jngrbrdman has to say, and instead see he`s been hacked.

Post Thanks / Like

Do a test with the iron remover of your choice. Is it truly removing the materials or is it just identifying the areas where the material is? Curious about the findings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco View Post
    Is it truly removing the materials or is it just identifying the areas where the material is? Curious about the findings.
    Interesting you should bring that up, maybe you have missed this, but Stoner Car Care intro`d an Odorless Iron Remover at SEMA. When it finally came out, it got panned as being ineffective, with YouTubers doing side-by-side comparisons with the traditional stuff, and then spraying the Stoner side with the traditional to show that Stoner didn`t remove it all. Also there were complaints about the Stoner product staining concrete.

To their credit, Stoner has now released a version without the indicator so it`s non-staining, but they addressed the effectiveness by doing an under-microscope test and claiming that none of the products actually completely dissolve the embedded iron particles, they just dissolve enough to allow them to be dislodged by agitation. I think that will have to be confirmed by independent testing, but perhaps this is another detailing misconception, like the Dawn "stripping".

It seems to me there was always talk about claying not removing all of the iron particles, that in some cases it would pull them out, but in others it would shear them off, leaving "below surface" contamination, which is why some companies promoted using acid to dissolve it, or then later the color-change compounds.
    Likes Anthony Orosco liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Over a decade ago, the company examined costs of sales. Once they saw the results, moved their efforts to the large volume users and OEM`s. Big-huge increase in volume and profits, less spent to sell a quart, etc. While they do continue to sell to small volume users, most items are full cases only.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information