Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for an aggressive replacement for my 3M Compound

I wrote a long reply here about TW One and Done. But it deleted it somehow and can`t be bothered re-writing it.

Short version - best compound I`ve tried compared to 10+ heavy compounds I own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    I wrote a long reply here about TW One and Done. But it deleted it somehow and can`t be bothered re-writing it.

Short version - best compound I`ve tried compared to 10+ heavy compounds I own.
    Alfisti
    You are NOT the first to have their long forum post "deleated" by the Autopia software. Apparently, you can remain only so long logged in without selecting something within the forum like you are still actively logged in; IE, it will time you out while it will not log you off, the response box the software generates asks if you want to continue, but it will not let you continue with your long, typed in post. It should automatically "save" your work, but it may not always do that.
    My work-around is type a long response in MS-Office Word, save it now-and-then, and when finished within the Word Document, log-on to the Autopia Forum, Start a new topic within the sub-form tab of choice along with the Topic Title, and then Cut-and-Paste the text from the saved Word Document (You DID give it a text name when you saved it within your computer or smart device?)
    Yes, an extra step, but it beats "loosing" your typed text, and if you are like me, it takes a LONG TIME for me to type anything, so this is one way to avoid that frustration.

My "other" workaround was to type the text in a new Started Topic box, post it periodically, then use the "Edit Post" tab at the bottom right, to continue typing in the post box, and then select "Save Changes" tab at the bottom of the post box, and continue to do this over and over. Unfortunately, someone can view you half-typed New Started Topic before you do the Edit Post/Save Changes thing and wonder "Where is the rest of this response?"
    While this "works" it can leave some Autopians in the lurch as to what you are talking (typing) about. Lesson learned.....(OK, I still do this a lot in responses! Shame on you, Captain Obvious)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I write messages in Notes first all the time then paste them here. I love how iOS saves what I write either on my phone or iPad and makes it available on both devices
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know why Alfisti`s post was deleted. It said it was deleted by poster and for all I know it is some type of time-related issue. The post was still there, I undeleted it and it is now visible. There was also a 2nd post that had been deleted. It too, is now visible.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Dan, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I don`t know why Alfisti`s post was deleted. It said it was deleted by poster and for all I know it is some type of time-related issue. The post was still there and is now visible. There was also a 2nd post that had been deleted. It too, is now visible.
    Hey! You`re right! It`s magically reappeared.

Btw, your ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ on your signature used to be my signature on whatsapp.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, GearHead_1 and Alfisti, I am wrong with my assessment of WHY a post was deleted.
    Sounds ominous, any way. Maybe solar flares?..... (You should have left well enough alone, Captain Obvious)

GearHead_1:
    Not sure why you use ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ as a signature, since it literally means in English "come,take".Yes, I has to Google it to find out what it means and where it came from. Go, Spartans! (if you are from Michigan State)

Alfisti:
    Thank you for posting your experience using Turtle Wax`s One-and-Done compound. TW does not get the love or attention its new Hybrid Solutions line for detailing products deserves. The fact that it is relatively inexpensive and available over-the-counter from a number big box stores and major auto parts makes it appealing to me, along with the detailing task results that they deliver, at least to my own detailing budget and OCD standards. I have Autopian Don and his TW-HS detailing exploits on his now-totaled out & former black Camaro to thank as a major influence on me to at least try this product line. In the past, my perception of TW has been it was a low-tier OTC detailing product that no self-respecting Autopian would use on their vehicle...not any more.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

...GearHead_1:
    Not sure why you use ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ as a signature, since it literally means in English "come,take".Yes, I has to Google it to find out what it means and where it came from. Go, Spartans! (if you are from Michigan State)...
    This is a bit off-topic but since it was brought up...

@Lonnie, I`m going out on a limb here but I`m going to assume you are not a firearm shooter, firearm collector, firearm hobbyist, or pro-Second Amendment guy. Now, that may be assuming too much but most "gun guys" know and understand the reference, no offense intended. It is more easily understood when read in context with the rest of my signature line.

If the following is more than you wanted to know, I get that, lots of people don`t share my interests.

Molon Labe - meaning `come and take them`, is a classical expression of defiance.

It is among the Laconic phrases reported by Plutarch, attributed to King Leonidas in reply to the demand by Xerxes that the Spartans surrender their weapons.

This was during a battle where Leonidas` men were hopelessly outnumbered and surrounded. The exchange between Leonidas and Xerxes occurs in writing, on the eve of the Battle of Thermopylae. (480 BC).

There never was a good war or a bad peace - Benjamin Franklin
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would strongly suggest giving Feynlab A50 Super Heavy Cut/Compound a look. It`s a monster! Zero dusting, and is very agreeable to several pad choices (heavy cut, down to a finishing pad--will give you results. All depends of the condition of the paint. I try to start out as `least abrasive` as possible.) I had not ever heard of this product--son`s friend that details high end cars turned me on to it. Prior...He was a 3M man. It`s a bit pricey (IMO), but very effective.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wow ..can`t believe no one here has tried Master Cut ... long working, no dust, can be used in the sun
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You need to come on the forum more often, Steve--so there`s more Poorboy talk here.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You need to come on the forum more often, Steve--so there`s more Poorboy talk here.
    I`m like an old school sealant .. spread real thin
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information