Thread: Mitt Slide

Post Thanks / Like

Mitt Slide

Anyone use this? It`s kind of a curved one-piece gritguard/washboard combo, apparently from Korea, a bit more expensive than the Grit Guard version. I saw it at Autofiber, I presume it is elsewhere, also.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mitt Slide

Does it work???
    I know Grit Guard makes (or made, past tense emphasized) a separate washboard that you can attach to their Grit Guard their guard already sits at the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket or shorter 3-gallon bucket of the same diameter.
    Myself I just kinda swish my wash mitt on the bottom against the circular guard to act like a washboard. At least that is the technique I read about in this forum and practice if my wash media is cleaning an extremely dirty exterior, like sand from de-icing or off-road/dirt road travel.

Setec:
    Just a suggestion on the topic title:
    I thought this topic was about a new product for reducing the drag on wash mitt media for more lubricity, not about a washboard "slide" for cleaning wash mitts in rinse water buckets with a Grit Guard.

AND, has anyone wondered by Grit Guard has never made a guard for smaller diameter buckets, like a 9" versus the more "standard" 11"? Probably no market for it with car washing or what specific "standard" smaller diameter is there. So maybe I have answered my own question.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Does it work???
    I know Grit Guard makes a separate washboard that you can attach to their Grit Guard their guard already sits at the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket or shorter 3-gallon bucket of the same diameter.
    I don`t know if it works, that`s why I started this thread!

I`ve been using the Grit Guard washboard since it came out, but I saw that Mitt Slide in bucket in a video and didn`t know what it was, then by happenstance saw it at the Autofiber website.

EDIT:

Lonnie, the 3.5/5 gal bucket diameter is pretty standard, don`t even get me started with why Grit Guard won`t even make the washboard extension in all the colors they make the GG. Here`s what the Mitt Slide looks like:

Post Thanks / Like

I actually bought a true old-fashion washboard used for cleaning clothes by hand before washing machines at a rummage sale for 5 dollars. It was in pretty good shape, as I learned that most of the time the wavy-corrugated formed galvanized sheet metal coating that the clothes are rubbed against wears off and becomes rusted. Not this one. So I used it that way for some time in my rinse-water wash bucket before I got a Grit Guard. Once I learned about rubbing/swishing the wash mitt against the bottom of the Grit Guard, I no longer used the washboard. It is an antique, but the principle is kinda the same as the above slide, with the slide`s obvious "improvements" in material, size, and functionality effectiveness.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

It`s just an ergonomics thing for me, with the washboard--less bending over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It`s just an ergonomics thing for me, with the washboard--less bending over.
    Mitt Slide That’s exactly what just went through my mind when I read the washboard post. Since running across one, less effort to run the mitt. Sometimes the bottom of the bucket seems so far away…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Mitt Slide That’s exactly what just went through my mind when I read the washboard post. Since running across one, less effort to run the mitt. Sometimes the bottom of the bucket seems so far away…
    That`s why I`ve always used 3.5 gal buckets, the 5`s are just too deep for me.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Thread Information