Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idrosave

Post Thanks / Like

Idrosave

This new Labocosmetica rinseless wash product was released here in the US yesterday, so I thought I would start a thread for members to post their experiences with it, if and when they try it.

Due to some teaser YouTube reviews that suggested this product blows every other rinseless out of the water (so to speak), I decided to order a small (250ml) bottle to try, even though I have plenty of other rinseless washes. After the launch yesterday, some rave YouTube reviews appeared, along with a discount code specific to those detailer`s channels. To me this looks like a kickback and calls into question the impartiality of those reviews.

But that`s what this forum and thread is for, to get real-world feedback from real-world members.

I`m sure I`m going to get some pushback for my YouTube comments, but let`s keep them out of this thread which is about Idrosave, I`ve started another thread about YouTube: How Much Do We Trust YouTube Stars?
    Likes OldsmobileMan, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idrosave

So I watched an EC Details podcast with Reggy Cox who is the international marketing manager for Labocosmetica (at least I think that`s his title). He mentioned that part of the delay in the release of Idrosave was because it was originally to be part of a 3pH rinseless system (Labo apparently has a couple of wash systems which are kind of an ABC system, but for more regular use, an alkaline wash, followed by an acid wash, followed by a neutral wash, but these are conventional systems that have to be rinsed, each with a different pH, hence 3pH. I think you foam on the first 2, letting them dwell, then do a contact wash with the neutral soap). The idea of a pre-soak for rinseless, that is then just followed by the contact rinseless wash, is super interesting. It sounded like the pre-soak products were going to be called Preludio, alkaline and acid, but I guess they aren`t ready yet so they decided to release the Idrosave by itself.

Another thing I gleaned is that Idrosave leaves some protection, that will last for some weeks under the right conditions.

Oh, and EC said something about that he doesn`t keep the money from his EC15 discount code, he "returns it to the community". I`m not a follower of his podcast, so not sure what that really means.

Post Thanks / Like

I return what I earn to the community too. Sometimes to the Bojangles down the street, sometimes to the community across the pond when I order from AliExpress or Bangood.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly find EC Details pretty hard to watch. Everything is just the best thing ever and I just don`t vibe with his style of presenting. Maybe he`s toned things down but it`s been a good 6+ months since I last watched anything of his.

I should get in my bottle of Idrosave on Wednesday, but I`m not going to have the time to try it until next weekend. I have a project I`ve been putting off for too long that is going to take priority first this weekend.

I probably should have just ordered the 250ml size and not the 1L. At this point I have a small collection of rinseless washes. Some of which I rarely or never use. If Idrosave does add noticeable protection it might be one that doesn`t get used much at all or becomes my dedicated winter rinseless wash. I don`t want something that`s going to mask the water behavior of my coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    This new Labocosmetica rinseless wash product was released here in the US yesterday, so I thought I would start a thread for members to post their experiences with it, if and when they try it.

Due to some teaser YouTube reviews that suggested this product blows every other rinseless out of the water (so to speak), I decided to order a small (250ml) bottle to try, even though I have plenty of other rinseless washes. After the launch yesterday, some rave YouTube reviews appeared, along with a discount code specific to those detailer`s channels. To me this looks like a kickback and calls into question the impartiality of those reviews.

But that`s what this forum and thread is for, to get real-world feedback from real-world members.

I`m sure I`m going to get some pushback for my YouTube comments, but let`s keep them out of this thread which is about Idrosave, I`ve started another thread about YouTube: How Much Do We Trust YouTube Stars?
    The ones I’ve seen (lately) say it’s the best Polymer rinseless. Basically saying it’s better than ONR and Absolute.

I’m guessing saying this keeps them in DiY details good graces (all hail Ivan!).

Wasn’t a fan of DiY rinseless. It’s a hybrid surfactants and polymer. Personally I liked Absolute (polymer based) and Mckee’s N914 (Surfactant based) better.

The ONR I have is good too (v4?). I didn’t feel DiY was any better but still in my top 5.

Just wanted to point out differences and that Idrosave is polymer based and rated better than the other polymer rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Idrosave

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    I honestly find EC Details pretty hard to watch. Everything is just the best thing ever and I just don`t vibe with his style of presenting. Maybe he`s toned things down but it`s been a good 6+ months since I last watched anything of his.

I should get in my bottle of Idrosave on Wednesday, but I`m not going to have the time to try it until next weekend. I have a project I`ve been putting off for too long that is going to take priority first this weekend.

I probably should have just ordered the 250ml size and not the 1L. At this point I have a small collection of rinseless washes. Some of which I rarely or never use. If Idrosave does add noticeable protection it might be one that doesn`t get used much at all or becomes my dedicated winter rinseless wash. I don`t want something that`s going to mask the water behavior of my coating.
    If it has any protection it will be like Ech20 and work with the coating.

Funny reason I like him is the opposite. I’ve seen where a lot of products are not liked.

The opticoat rinsless came to mind. Said it smelled real bad….. horrible. He smelled it neat then once mixed…. Changed his tone.

Just don’t like how the Influencer’s jockey hard for Ivan…. Including Eddie….. maybe he’s just that good of guy Idrosave
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I can take or leave Ivan...they really rally hard around DIY that`s for sure.

Personally i like there rinseless its good at more things then absolute and i like the smell slightly better that n914 but i don`t support that company much. That nick guy seems off to me...and mckee`s went in hard with the graphene.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got my bottle in last night. No time to use it but it does have a very nice grapefruit scent in it`s undiluted form. To me at least it smells good. The new bottle design is also pretty cool in person.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got mine today--I wasn`t really supposed to be home, but you know how these things work out . It was 39F and sunny, so what the heck, time for a wash!

My car was moderately dirty with some salt residue. I didn`t do a prespray because I usually don`t unless the car is really crusty or it`s a car that`s in very good condition. This car hasn`t been polished since...um...for a long time. The LSP that`s on it...is...is there any LSP on it? I washed it in November or something with ONRWW and applied some OCW.

So is Idrosave all hype?? Maybe. I made sure I had a clean piece of media because most of mine has ONR staining (pre-soaking with OPC before washing the media does help remove the staining). So the first thing is it stains the wash media, just like ONR (I haven`t used v4 or v5 of ONR yet). The smell was ok, I`m not someone who cares about that too much, as long as it doesn`t smell offensive.

Lubricity seemed good, cleaning was good (no dirt on the drying towel). Drying seemed easy. Afterwards...felt reasonably slick.

So is this rinseless a game changer? Not for me at first blush. I`ve used QEW, ONR, ONRWW, DG, Wolfgang Uber, D114, EcH20. Disappointed that this stained the media. Maybe I`ll change my mind with further use or some back-to-back comparisons with other washes. Also I guess I didn`t wash my hands after and rubbed my eye and now my eye is stinging. Also, I use a rinse bucket when I do rinseless, with about 1/4-strength rinseless solution in there. The dirt film in the bottom of the bucket from Idrosave was the most difficult to get off I`ve ever experienced, worse than the greasy residue from EcH20. Unless I had some residue from something else I don`t remember.

PS I`ve been accused of being "stuck on ONR"...that`s not really true, I just am a reformed member of the Flavor of the Month club, and accumulated so many detailing supplies I`ll never be able to use them all up. On top of that I`ve really hardly been doing any detailing the last 4 or 5 years, so not really using up the stuff I have. Which is why I haven`t tried any of the newer rinseless like DIY, Absolute, N-914, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I also used Idrosave today. The product seems good but once you start using it, you notice that it stains the media very bad. The sponge I used was turning dark very quickly and towards the end of the wash, it was almost black. It also left dried droplets behind which were hard to remove. I then washed one more car and same thing, the media kept getting more black that towards the end of the wash, it was almost totally black. And the weird thing is that the sponge could not be cleaned out using soap! I`ve never had that happen.

So right now I am not sure if I want to use it again or not. The media staining is really bad with this product, at least from my experience. It leaves behind little droplets and residue that are hard to remove. My gloves were dirty using this product, something that does not happen normally (maybe from the dirty sponge).

But the other aspects of it are fine - cleaning and drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    The media staining is really bad with this product, at least from my experience. My gloves were dirty using this product, something that does not happen normally.
    I always tried to convince myself that since ONR was the only rinseless to stain the media like that, it must be different/better somehow...however, I was never able to convince myself of that. Seems like we have a new contender. And I equate your dirty glove problem to my dirty rinse bucket.

So far Idrosave is 0 for 2.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I always tried to convince myself that since ONR was the only rinseless to stain the media like that, it must be different/better somehow...however, I was never able to convince myself of that. Seems like we have a new contender. And I equate your dirty glove problem to my dirty rinse bucket.

So far Idrosave is 0 for 2.
    Yep, I am with you on that. It seems like it doesn`t let go of the staining once it is there and surprisingly, it is worse than ONR in this aspect. I only used one bucket but my bucket was dirty at the bottom, which is not a bad thing actually. The thing is, I don`t think a proper rinsing of the bucket released all the dirt out, but I could have been mistaken.

So the sponge is basically ruined because even soap could not remove the staining from it. This never happened with ONR because even when the sponge was stained, use of soap would remove those stains. Not the case with Idrosave.

There was so much hype around this product for many months that I was very eager to try it out myself. I think maybe we should wait a little before jumping on the latest and greatest products. Easier said than done, right? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Try some APC on the sponge, I was kind of shocked when one time I got some tar on an ONR-stained MF wash pad and sprayed OPC on that spot before throwing it in the wash resulted in that spot being perfectly clean. Since then I have experimented with pre-soaking in an OPC solution or using OPC in the washing machine pre-wash cup, with imperfect results, but some improvement. Still working on that.

As far as the bucket staining, it`s normal for me to have to agitate the dirty film out of the rinse bucket, but in this case it was really bad.

Oh, and hype? I`d say the hype was...."bonkers".

Post Thanks / Like

Try some APC on the sponge, I was kind of shocked when one time I got some tar on an ONR-stained MF wash pad and sprayed OPC on that spot before throwing it in the wash resulted in that spot being perfectly clean. Since then I have experimented with pre-soaking in an OPC solution or using OPC in the washing machine pre-wash cup, with imperfect results, but some improvement. Still working on that.

As far as the bucket staining, it`s normal for me to have to agitate the dirty film out of the rinse bucket, but in this case it was really bad.

Oh, and hype? I`d say the hype was...."bonkers".
    I could have tried that but I was a little unhappy with how it went that I just tossed the sponge in the trash. I mean, the dish soap literally made very little difference it was that bad. ONR is nowhere this bad and when there is some staining, it is easily cleaned out with little effort.

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. If it stains media its a flop for me. I have a full gallon of DIY so i will just keep my money lol cool name and the bottles are cool, to bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information