Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idrosave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idrosave

I will say my car seems very slick today, supposed to rain tomorrow, so we`ll see what the water behavior is like.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI Gyeon will probably release a rinse less very soon - its called ecowash. It has added protection like ech20. Which is fine too me. I`m over coatings anyhow. They are very hard to apply outside and not worth the money. If i had a garage i would try another coating.

No coatings exist that will last 5 years in salt road conditions. Brands like Kamikaze are insane on prices, one example. Mckee`s, adams. DIY, Apex, Ethos and a lots of others are ripping people off with coating prices.

If you want to waste money go ahead lol

Kamikaze did release a very affordable coating the last year or so. That said the prices for everything else are just laughable. How they have a market is beyond me. I guess its due to esoteric - i hope he can afford all his cars lol

Poilshangel is the same thing. I see NO difference between rapidwaxx and high gloss for instance.

And NV Boost V2 is just has good as both. At least its not a chunky mess and its less than a quarter of the price as cosmic spritz, man oh man.

Kamikaze, has a cancoat type coating now they are charging close to 4x more for 100ml of product. Cancoat comes in 200ml. So it`s basically 7-8x more expensive than cancoat.

I`m a bit bitter about wasting so much money on products like polishangel lol especially glasscoat. It only lasted 8 mths.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok--I don`t usually do rinseless on my wheels--I`ve never nailed down a process I really like (mostly the cleaning and dressing the tires), and besides, how am I going to use up all that conventional wash that I got from the Flavor of the Month club? But since I coated the tires on this car with Optimum Gelcoat Restorer before the winter, I decided I would Idrosave my wheels to go with the rest of the car. Wheels were pretty dirty.

I guess my results were pretty much the same, cleaned well, stained the media (I generally use different kinds of media for wheels than I do for paint, so I held out the possibility it wouldn`t stain the wheel stuff), dried easily. My rinse bucket was easier to clean, but I use different buckets for wheels that I think are a different material than the white 3.5`s I use for washing the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the DIY rinseless at 5%/vol for all my light cleaning around the house and when I`m onboard the ship. I ever used it to mop up my cement floor downstairs. Works fine. Works well on mirrors and screens too.

That said absolute is not very good for those things. Ech20 is good on glass but i never tried it on screens and mirrors. I only have a small amount left. I was going to pick up a bottle of ecowash since gyeon is so late to the game.

edit: absolute will work on glass. But its not that good for tabletops, sinks etc I don`t like the color or look of absolute when its mixed either. Smells nice. I would never buy it again. Has for silckest..i don`t know. Its not slick like ech20 that`s for sure. I bet gyeons ecowash will be slick too.

I think stoners is coming out with a rinseless soon as well. Chemical guys as one too but its surprisingly expensive on amazon in Canada. I doubt i will ever use regular soap again I`m a rinesless guy lol But still pre-treat and rinse most every time.

Post Thanks / Like

So The Guz posted his YouTube review of this product, proclaiming it the best polymer rinseless on the market after washing 2 doors on a pretty clean coated truck. With all due respect, I think I gave it a more comprehensive test before providing my opinion, and of course I could never rate it against everything on the market because I haven`t used all the rinseless washes he has. He mentioned the media staining but for some reason pooh-poohed it like some of the other YouTubers.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Ecowash hit the canadian market yesterday or today. Pricey, no surprise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information