Post Thanks / Like

Fragrance of Meguiar`s #62

A couple of years ago I finally opened up my gallon of Meg`s #62 that I got as a member of the flavor-of-the-month club, oh, 15+ years ago. The smell somehow reminds me of my childhood, some shaving cream, soap, after shave, Brylcreem or something my father used to use, I guess. Anyone else? Accumulator?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fragrance of Meguiar`s #63

For the "uninformed" Megs #62 is their Mirror Glaze Professional Series Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner.
    Very good (great, in my opinion) car wash soap. I used this soap because it was used by a high-end car museum and if it was good enough for their cars, it was certainly good enough for mine. It has since been supplanted by Megs Pro Detailer Line M103 HyperWash for my car soap of preference based on cost.

As far as the smell/fragrance it is kinda like Setec describes it; on the order of shaving cream. Not perfumery or fruity or "industrial chemical" but a pleasant, clean odor.
    Cleans well, great lubrication, and rinsed clean; but not super foamy; very well suited for manual two- bucket washes.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, is that it, just shaving cream? I have been using unscented shaving cream so long maybe it reminds me of MY old shaving cream, not something my father used to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I never understood the attraction by car-care product manufacturers to have a "fragrant" car wash soap.
    Granted, no one likes stinky or strong chemical-like smells/fragrances, BUT, I do not get the fruity or bubblegum fragrance in some car wash soaps.
    I mean come now; should my car smell like Channell No. 5 or Bazooka bubblegum or Jolly Good Cherry Soda pop?
    The negative characteristics about some of the perfumery or fruity fragrances is they give headaches to those individuals who are fragrance-süensitive AND they attract unwanted insects, like bees and wasps.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fragrance of Meguiar`s #62

If only manufacturers would put as much time into increasing their product performance as they do with picking what fragrance to use in them, we would have even better performing products
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I probably should not be so critical of car-care companies/manufacturers that spend so much time (and research money) on these "fragrant" car-care products. After all, it IS part of the product that contributes to its sale. It has to be "scent-pleasing" to consumer/user.
    Good example: Iron decon products. CarPro has a lemon-scented version of IronX to make it more "olfactory-pleasing" to the end user. I think anyone who uses an Iron decon product can give CarPro a kudos/props for trying to do so, even if it is more expensive than the "standard" IronX.

I am waiting for some car-care manufacturer to partner with Proctor-&-Gamble and come out with a Gain-scented car wash soap. Then you would have a marketing-advantage for a car wash soap that has wide appeal to consumers with a familiar scent.
    (Captain Obvious: Aren`t you the same person who has made the bold prediction that in the future all vehicles will be painted white and then wrapped in Protective Plastic Film with color(s) chosen by the buyer/leaser/dealership???) Thought so... keep dreamin`!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, some of the fragrances are good, I still remember NXT fondly...except I can`t really remember what it smelled like. This #62 fragrance is...ok, I just somehow find it...distracting?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fragrance of Meguiar`s #62

I don’t disagree that the fragrances are good, it’s just that the better the product works, the better it is overall to me.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought it smelled "spicy". Hard to explain but that made sense to me.

I also love the scent of NXT. Citrus and sweet. I miss that car wash a lot but you can still buy the wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TGates View Post
    I always thought it smelled "spicy". Hard to explain but that made sense to me.
    I`ll buy that.

I also love the scent of NXT. Citrus and sweet. I miss that car wash a lot but you can still buy the wax.
    You can? I think I would only buy it to smell it, I had enough of those Meg`s "waxes" that stained trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I think I would only buy it to smell it
    Exactly the reason I keep a bottle on hand.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy the Wayback Machine Effect of certain Detailing products! And the Mirror Glaze stuff is right up there for me since I grew up with that stuff. I too keep a jug of #62 around for just that reason (and yeah, IMO it`s very good shampoo too), along with other products that I enjoyed all those decades ago.
    Likes TGates liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I found a bottle of NXT Car Wash on Amazon. I was thrilled to find it. I`ve always liked that wash, and find it more beneficial today than probably in the past since my car is coated and I`m not worried about "stripping wax". The smell is just as good as I remembered. One whiff and I`m instantly transported back to 2004, washing my Yamaha R6 on a warm spring day in college. Not a care in the world beyond class. Ah, the good ole days.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a care in the world beyond class. Ah, the good ole days.
    Ain`t that the truth, we didn`t realize how we had it made when we were kids, without all this grown-up responsibility stuff.
    Likes TGates liked this post

Thread Information