Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Ceramic Wash and Coat

hawaiidude- Once again, i thank you for your posts on these products! And hey, I`m not washing all that often myself these days

Post Thanks / Like

For those who haven’t tried this yet, here is my review. It’s a nice product.

Wash with actual Ceramic Protection! Griots Ceramic Wash and Coat - YouTube
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

If you use a foam gun with something like this Griots AIO Ceramic ( or any other brand ) does it make the windshield streaky ? If you get some of the foam on the window. Thanx for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing View Post
    If you use a foam gun with something like this Griots AIO Ceramic ( or any other brand ) does it make the windshield streaky ? If you get some of the foam on the window. Thanx for any help.
    Not at all. Gives everything a slick look. Works really great on windshield.
    Likes Fishing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@hawaiidude thanks for the info/time..knowing that makes me more eager to try it thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s interesting about the windshield..I don`t think I`ve *ever* washed any vehicle without having to separately clean the exterior glass with Glass Cleaner. Never once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That`s interesting about the windshield..I don`t think I`ve *ever* washed any vehicle without having to separately clean the exterior glass with Glass Cleaner. Never once.
    I might have a lower tolerance of what`s acceptable? But I used a glass waffle microfiber (can`t remember the brand) and wiped the glass really well after wash.

I`ve purchased a second foam gun. I am going experiment with washing with my normal (gyeon bathe) and then shoot the wash in wax afterwards for final rinse. The griots just isn`t sudsy enough for me. It`s weird to wash with. I`ll try to post a pic next time I wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Wow. I will admit to sometimes having to go over the windows again, particularly the windshield, but my technique when doing a conventional wash is always to dry the windows first, while the towel is the driest and before it`s picked up anything else, and when doing a rinseless I always do the windows first, for the same reason (possibly the roof first, depending).

Post Thanks / Like

I also always dry the windows first for the same reason. Always leads to great results for me
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW .....guess I should be drying the windows first,,,,learn something every day. . thank you all for the great info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing View Post
    WOW .....guess I should be drying the windows first,,,,learn something every day. . thank you all for the great info.
    Scrolling back, any wash with "stuff" in it, you need to more carefully dry the windows to make sure you don`t get any streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

I too dry the glass first, and then I go back over it if any water drip onto it. But yeah, sigh...I *always* have to finally do it with glass cleaner and GG Polypro glass wipes, with multiple "fog with breath, wipe, repeat ad nauseum..." as the final step. And even then I`ll usually find something to touch up once I pull it into the setting sun for some final inspecting.

I`ve had to do that with every shampoo, whether "leaves stuff behind" or "leaves squeaky clean". With hard/soft/DI water. With MFs/cotton/paper towels. Every. Single. Time. No exceptions. Ever since the mid-70s. I will allow that those GG Polypro wipes cut down the final passes considerably, which seemed like a huge win for me given all I go through.

Gee, doesn`t everybody have to do this stuff?!? Maybe it`s just like regular washes and marring, where I have to be so much more extreme than others to avoid dissatisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Ceramic Wash and Coat

I’m stumped by how well those GG wipes worked for you. They never did the trick for me. I think it has something to do with the coastal atmosphere here. Getting glass streak free here can be a living hell
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’m stumped by how well those GG wipes worked for you. They never did the trick for me.
    I know!?! I was astounded that they didn`t work for you. House, vehicles... you name it and those are how I finish up cleaning glass. I was certain that I`d solved your glass problems once and for all, but, sigh...nah.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I`m just lazier than you, Accumulator. I do frequently go back over glass, whether it`s inside or outside, later or the next day, when I see something that bothers me. It`s usually just the windshield, but sometimes the back window. It`s just that even doing something like a spray wax after a wash seems like too much work for me most of the time these days, so going over the windows with a glass cleaner is not something on my list, unless I`m specifically trying to change the water behavior, or I see something that bothers me. I guess I`m trying to say I don`t do it proactively, only reactively.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information