Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Use Superior Products Inc. Car Care Products (Part 2)??

This thread topic really started in July 2007 when Superior Products was just getting started:
    Ref:Superior Products

What precipitated this "Part 2" topic was my buying Meg`s Detailer Line Ready-to-Use Non-Acid Wheel cleaner (D143RTU) at O`Reilly`s Auto Parts Store. When asked if they could order the gallon size concentrate, the store parts desk person looked it up and no, but it can be ordered in the 5-gallon container (not for me). He said what about the Superior Products? He then directed me to follow him to the back supply/stock room and showed me a whole host of gallon-sized detailing car care products from Superior Products. He said they stock it in-store because a number of detailing places in the Green Bay area use it and wanted it to be on hand when they needed it immediately, rather than wait for a 2-day delivery order.
    After looking at the company website, it seems like they have a wide variety of car care products. What struck me though was in reading the above linked thread, the "owner" trying to start this company in 2007 stated that his compounds and polishes were from Hi-Temp/Akrya. And after looking at the line-up, it would seem that they still use/re-brand "similar" products" made by Hi-Temp. I say "seems" as I have no proof, and you know as well as I do that there are any number of "other" lesser-known car-care products who re-label and sell "other" car-care manufacturer`s products OR custom-blend their own product line with a few chemical formula tweaks at "other" car-care manufacturers production facilities on a contract basis. It`s just the nature of the business.

That said, I just wanted to know if anyone has bought and tried any of the car-care products from Superior Products, Inc. If you are interested, check out their company website (sorry no link due to forum rules) OR better yet, got to an O`Reilly Parts Store nearby and as if they stock gallon-size products in their stock room. They do sell a few 16 and 32-ounce bottles of their product line on some of the shelving in the car-care products section. Their product that competes with Meg`s Detailer Line Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner is called "Dark Fury" and it does look interesting and (a lot) cheaper than the Meg`s, but I still bought the Meg`s RTU Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner (gone though 4 bottle of the stuff at $15.00 a bottle so far this year, so yes, it gets expensive buying it RTU rather than by the gallon concentrate and diluting it) because I know that is what works for me.
    My other reason is that this Superior Product product line is available over-the-counter (OTC) at O`Reilly`s Auto Parts Store and now-and-then you may need a detailing car-care product immediately and O`Reilly`s are pretty much located in cities big and small throughout the USA.
    AND if you like Hi-Temp/Akrya products (yes, the company is still in business) that you used to get from the now-defunct/out-of-business Top of the Line Detailing Supply (Remember Irene and her personal customer service?), well, here`s an opportunity to try some similar car-care products.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

(Self-admitted hypocrisy again: I have been trying to get fellow Autopians to buy their detailing/car-care products and equipment from the Autopian Store to financially support this very forum, and here I am telling Autopians to go to O`Reilly`s Auto Parts Store for an OTC purchase. Go figure...)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Use Superior Products Inc. Car Care Products (Part 2)??

i have tried. there dark fury on some bad rims with lots of heavy brake dust that came out great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65chevy View Post
    i have tried. there dark fury on some bad rims with lots of heavy brake dust that came out great
    Dark Fury is not acidic correct? More on the alkaline side?

It doesn`t do the red/purple bleeding does it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Dark Fury is not acidic correct? More on the alkaline side?

It doesn`t do the red/purple bleeding does it?
    no it does not turn colors! and i non acidic

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of them until now. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Superior`s Dark Fury sounds familiar to Mirch`s Grime Off.

Post Thanks / Like

it t is like Brown Royal wheel cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using the Dark Fury in diluted concentration on my wheels for the last year and have been happy with the results. I bought the spray bottle size at O`Reillys then transferred some into an empty spray bottle at about a 1:4 ratio with water. Not a lot of "foaming" action but it cuts through the road grime easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Use Superior Products Inc. Car Care Products (Part 2)??

They make all of their own chemicals in house.

I use dark fury, zap it, purple prep (iron x), bugz be gone on a regular basis. Everything I`ve tried from them I`ve liked.

The iron remover works really well.
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Thread Information