Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blast from the past…

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Nah, nothing new although I really didn’t look much. Just wanted Leather In A Bottle for the scent, kinda a nostalgia purchase for fun for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Amigo !!!
    How nice to see you using Zaino Leather products !!!

I still like and use their Leather Cleaner/Conditioner with Steam through a towel, and then when all dry, apply their Leather in a Bottle product, same as you, for the perfect leather scent, and for how nice it leaves the leather from all the marques I have Detailed over a zillion years...

Yes, I also have and use Leather Masters products, but pretty hard to beat how well that Zaino Leather Cleaner/Conditioner cleans and makes the Leather just perfect for their Leather topping product..

Dan F
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Desertnate, I think maybe part of the "tribal" structure was wax vs. sealant, with Zaino perhaps being a lot of people`s first exposure to sealants. The "Zealots" (with their multiple layers) were quite insufferable here, and most of them got banned by DavidB (some of which had to do with them promoting a product he didn`t sell), and went off and started their own forum, and even got Sal to be a member and post a few times. That didn`t last too long though, I don`t remember the name of it.
    pretty sure it was detailersclub.com. Pretty much every other post on it was someone making baseless accusations about ScottWax.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you do that?
    Years ago. I got a rather defensive reply that made clear his stance on ceramics and underscored his belief that his products always have been and always will be superior, as highlighted by his sales numbers and customer retention.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Amigo !!!
    How nice to see you using Zaino Leather products !!!

I still like and use their Leather Cleaner/Conditioner with Steam through a towel, and then when all dry, apply their Leather in a Bottle product, same as you, for the perfect leather scent, and for how nice it leaves the leather from all the marques I have Detailed over a zillion years...

Yes, I also have and use Leather Masters products, but pretty hard to beat how well that Zaino Leather Cleaner/Conditioner cleans and makes the Leather just perfect for their Leather topping product..

Dan F
    The car smells wonderful, totally reminiscent of when we bought our first `special` car back in 2004 and I started with Zaino and the car always smelled sooo good from the Leather In a Bottle. I left the rags out in the laundry room that I used when I got it last week and so every time I walk by the laundry room on the way to the garage, it`s a little trip down memory lane. I shoulda done this a year or two ago!

Quote Originally Posted by TGates View Post
    Years ago. I got a rather defensive reply that made clear his stance on ceramics and underscored his belief that his products always have been and always will be superior, as underscored by his sales numbers and customer retention.
    Wonder how that`s working out for him today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Wonder how that`s working out for him today?
    I presume Sal is pretty far into retirement at this point and isn`t too concerned. I would argue he left a pretty good mark and legacy regardless of whether he jumped on the ceramic/graphene/diamonds/alien bone fragment bus.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

/alien bone fragment bus.
    Zaino Z51 coming soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino Z51 coming soon.
    Corvette folks would simply have to have it:

Z51 badges must go...... - Page 14 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Is the above picture of the Zaino office/factory "real"?? Looks like an AI-generated picture. Just sayin`.....
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Is the above picture of the Zaino office/factory "real"?? Looks like an AI-generated picture. Just sayin`.....
    It’s a real photo of ‘a’ Zaino factory but not ‘the’ Zaino factory. Apparently an Italian food service company: Modern Catering Services from Zaino Gourmet | Italian Cuisine

Post Thanks / Like

The mailing address for Zaino, which back in the day was a UPS Store (Mailboxes Etc. at the time) on Rt. 9 in Howell, NJ, is now an automotive aftermarket manufacturer in Lakewood, NJ. Must be a friend of Sal`s that lets him use that address, as we know the fulfillment center is in the middle of the country somewhere, except for us NJ residents, who can`t order from the Zaino website.

Post Thanks / Like

The mailing address for Zaino, which back in the day was a UPS Store (Mailboxes Etc. at the time) on Rt. 9 in Howell, NJ, is now an automotive aftermarket manufacturer in Lakewood, NJ. Must be a friend of Sal`s that lets him use that address, as we know the fulfillment center is in the middle of the country somewhere, except for us NJ residents, who can`t order from the Zaino website.
    The fulfillment center used to be in the Kansas City area if I remember correctly. Interestingly, someone from Zaino does still send out a weekly newsletter but it mostly just consists of customer submitted pictures of their shiny cars. No real detail tips or product information, sadly.

Post Thanks / Like

The fulfillment center used to be in the Kansas City area if I remember correctly. Interestingly, someone from Zaino does still send out a weekly newsletter but it mostly just consists of customer submitted pictures of their shiny cars. No real detail tips or product information, sadly.
    I do believe this bottle came from Kansas which I thought odd for some reason. Not sure where the stuff shipped from back in 2004-2005 but it seemed more regional (shipped to Ohio).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information