Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Resin Water Deionizer Systems

Noting that I only use mine for rinsing, some random thoughts follow (and regulars here have probably heard `em all before):

- The combo of CRS + soft water works well. Long resin life.
    - Mine can sit unused for *ages* and still work fine. And I don`t mean just a month or two! That really surprised me. I have never really maintained it properly, and that hasn`t bitten me so far (YMMV of course).
    - My vehicles retain so much water in the nooks/crannies (even after lots of blowing with the AirWand and compressor) that I often still get a little spotting even with the CRS, but it`s not bad.
    -I too find that deionized water seems to cause worse corrosion, but it`s not as bad as soft water, which I`m using anyhow. No, that`s not been a problem, but I can sure see how it could be for somebody else. I see it as a case of picking one`s battles, and I simply hate dealing with hard water spotting.

And like so many here, I haven`t used mine in ages, not for at least a year. Heh heh, guess I *will* be maintaining it, or at least replacing the resin, if I ever want to get it back in service
    Likes thewookiee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A side note, perhaps useful or perhaps not.

Was talking with the mfg of AR Blue pressure washers w regards to DI use and they recommend flushing/running non-DI water through the machine after use. I guess the DI water can have detrimental effects on some internals of the pressure washer…maybe the seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    A side note, perhaps useful or perhaps not.

Was talking with the mfg of AR Blue pressure washers w regards to DI use and they recommend flushing/running non-DI water through the machine after use. I guess the DI water can have detrimental effects on some internals of the pressure washer…maybe the seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    As I mentioned in my reply above, this is absolutely true. I left DI water in my Kranzle for an extended period of time and the check valves corroded to the point they did not work any more and the unit could not be used until they were replaced. When I say left DI water in for an extended period of time, I mean I did not flush it with plain water after use. I did, however, blow as much of the DI water out of the pump as I could with the water source turned off before putting it away. Didn’t matter.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I did order an Adam`sdeionizer, but have haven`t had the time to test it yet.

Thanks for the advice on flushing pressure washer out. Odd that the deionized water causes corrosion at all. You would think it`s the other way around. But what do I know.

Maybe I will just use a hose and deionizer for my rinsing and pressure washer just for presoak and wash.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading all of these issues with DI water, I think I will stick with rinse less washing for my maintenance washes. Water spots from rinse less washes come off so easily, even if a day has passed before you notice them. Sometimes a hard rain will remove them, they just don`t etch into the paint for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee View Post
    Thanks for the advice on flushing pressure washer out. Odd that the deionized water causes corrosion at all. You would think it`s the other way around.
    As I learned a long time ago, as it was explained to me, since DI water has nothing combined with it, it wants to combine with everything it comes in contact with. So in applications for DI vs. regular water, different (more corrosion resistant) materials will be recommended for the DI.
    Likes 981 Cayman S, thewookiee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never had any issues with my On The Go system. I do, however, disconnect it and then using the PW, spritz my mitts, buckets, and rinse my BOSS cannon with non-DI water. I never knew the DI water would have any effect on the PW and probably the cannon, too.

Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information