Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Should I buy a Tornador Vac

I have a Tornador Black and love it. I works great. I have seen videos made by the company of the Tornador Vac Dry and Tornador Vac Wet. I know I can get a kit to convert my tornador to a tornador vac. But I think I will buy a ether a dry or wet tornador. But I have not seen any real world reviews. I am a mobile detailer and I figure this would be a great alternative to a carpet extractor since I used my extra room for a good air compressor instead. Just like to hear if anyone has tried this equipment out and like to hear if its any good or not and what to expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I buy a Tornador Vac

grinderkenny- Welcome to Autopia!

I`ll be interested to hear what people say about this, the vac attachment has me intrigued too. For some reason I`m skeptical, something about it seems "off" to me but that`s just my knee-jerk response and for all I know it works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    grinderkenny- Welcome to Autopia!

I`ll be interested to hear what people say about this, the vac attachment has me intrigued too. For some reason I`m skeptical, something about it seems "off" to me but that`s just my knee-jerk response and for all I know it works fine.
    Accum, did you ever try the vacuum with your Tornador Black or never purchased one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Accum, did you ever try the vacuum with your Tornador Black or never purchased one.
    Nah, sorry, I never did buy the vacuum attachment.

And/but FWIW, I still suspect it wouldn`t work all that well..I could be completely wrong here, but it just seems like it`d be about as effective as the vacuum attachment to my Multi-Master.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Tornador Black with the Vac. I used it a couple times on mats only. It did a great job. It`s defiantly not for every application. I recently stepped up to the Mytee 8070. I`m sure I will eventually favor one or the other depending on use. Just haven`t had a bunch of time with either yet.

Post Thanks / Like

bmuoio- Welcome to Autopia!

I gather the vacuum attachment does indeed suck up a lot of the [liquid] huh? Heh heh, wouldn`t be the first time I was wrong about some assumption

How do you like that Mytee 8070? I often think I`d like to replace my Century extractor with something smaller...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmuoio View Post
    I have the Tornador Black with the Vac. I used it a couple times on mats only. It did a great job. It`s defiantly not for every application. I recently stepped up to the Mytee 8070. I`m sure I will eventually favor one or the other depending on use. Just haven`t had a bunch of time with either yet.
    I have read a post or two about detailers having both the Tornador Vacuum/Tornador Black combo and a Mytee 8070 have said they start with the Tornador Vacuum because it cleans using much less water so it doesn`t take so long to dry carpet/upholstery/etc. and therefore less mold risk. If the job is simply too much (a horrible mess) for the Tornador Vac, then they will bring out the Mytee but that is not as often as you would think. Do you agree with this?

Post Thanks / Like

I have read a post or two about detailers having both the Tornador Vacuum/Tornador Black combo and a Mytee 8070 have said they start with the Tornador Vacuum because it cleans using much less water so it doesn`t take so long to dry carpet/upholstery/etc. and therefore less mold risk. If the job is simply too much (a horrible mess) for the Tornador Vac, then they will bring out the Mytee but that is not as often as you would think. Do you agree with this?
    I do! Especially on a normal detail where your not charging for shampoo carpets but clean seats. The Tornador is my go to tool for all interiors. Allot of times you will not use the vac attachment but is nice to have and it works awesome on pet hair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    bmuoio- Welcome to Autopia!

I gather the vacuum attachment does indeed suck up a lot of the [liquid] huh? Heh heh, wouldn`t be the first time I was wrong about some assumption

How do you like that Mytee 8070? I often think I`d like to replace my Century extractor with something smaller...
    Thank you! And the Vac attachment sucks as well as the vac your using. I have a 4HP Rigid and it extracts the wet sludge out perfectly till I see it clears up I just keep hitting it. I defiantly recommend the Mytee lite 2 aka 8070 I love mine! My second favorite musket next to my Chief 100 Vapor/steamer.
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Allot of times you will not use the vac attachment but is nice to have and it works awesome on pet hair.
    Really? I assumed the Vac would be an invaluable tool to complement the Tornador Black, i.e. you could clean and remove cleaning solution simultaneously to save time.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? I assumed the Vac would be an invaluable tool to complement the Tornador Black, i.e. you could clean and remove cleaning solution simultaneously to save time.
    When I use it without the vac attachment, it`s on cleaner cars! I use the vac when I have allot of spot stains or pet hair and sand/dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

When I use it without the vac attachment, it`s on cleaner cars! I use the vac when I have allot of spot stains or pet hair and sand/dirt.
    Gotcha. My thought process was to do a quick go over with just a shop vac to get the big stuff and then follow up with the Tornador Black and Vac to release and clean the carpet/uphostery after that.

Post Thanks / Like

.. the Vac attachment sucks as well as the vac your using. I have a 4HP Rigid and it extracts the wet sludge out perfectly till I see it clears up I just keep hitting it. I defiantly recommend the Mytee lite 2 aka 8070 I love mine! My second favorite musket next to my Chief 100 Vapor/steamer.
    Ah, OK, thanks for the info. I might look into that Vac attachment after all, though I gotta admit I`m doing fine without it.

What do you run through the Mytee? Water, Rinse Agent, carpet shampoo? With extractors that do *not* have a separate rinse solution tank I just use plain water and apply any shampoo/etc. via other means.

Oh, and I never thought of using the Tornador for pet hair (although that`s another thing I just don`t seem to have trouble with, despite how much shedding mine do).

Post Thanks / Like

Just get the furreel from buffbrite

Post Thanks / Like

Barry Theal?!?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information