Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Finish Kare dropping external distribution

I was looking for FK 425, couldn`t find it on Amazon, other sites where it has been until recently. I called FK yesterday, spoke with Leda. She said they have discontinued distribution through Amazon, AG et al, they will be selling direct. Their shipping is pricy. Anyone in the NYC area interested in sharing in a shipment?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finish Kare dropping external distribution

Quote Originally Posted by STSInNYC View Post
    I was looking for FK 425, couldn`t find it on Amazon, other sites where it has been until recently. I called FK yesterday, spoke with Leda. She said they have discontinued distribution through Amazon, AG et al, they will be selling direct. Their shipping is pricy. Anyone in the NYC area interested in sharing in a shipment?
    Well, I have been thinking once my last can of FK is empty I would probably switch to Jescar Ultra Lock Plus, I guess this seals it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, the never-ending FK saga. I think Patrick at Excel was the first one to pick up FK, and then of course AG picked it up right after. I`m trying to remember if they used to sell direct, I know I bought their decon system, can`t find if it was direct from them. They changed ownership a while ago after the Meguiar who owned it passed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha ha, the never-ending FK saga. I think Patrick at Excel was the first one to pick up FK, and then of course AG picked it up right after. I`m trying to remember if they used to sell direct, I know I bought their decon system, can`t find if it was direct from them. They changed ownership a while ago after the Meguiar who owned it passed.
    When did Floyd Meguiar pass away?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    When did Floyd Meguiar pass away?
    I don`t know I can`t find anything about it. Just the way I remember it is one of the shakeups at FK was after he passed away...but maybe I`m not remembering it right. I did find something that said 2005, but I don`t know how reliable that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Ketch ought to know
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess it`s been ages since it was sold thorugh FinishKare1, can`t quite remember that guy`s name....I`ve just bought direct since then.

Heh heh, I figured you could tell Floyd was long gone when they started using product names ("Big White Marine") instead of just part numbers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Guess it`s been ages since it was sold thorugh FinishKare1, can`t quite remember that guy`s name....I`ve just bought direct since then.
    Wow, I forgot all about that. Did they have the finishcareusa.com URL?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I forgot all about that. Did they have the finishcareusa.com URL?
    Now *that* I don`t remember! At least not for certain [Accumulator runs out to shop to check NOS bottle of FK425...], OK, got it: it was FK1wax.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for checking that Accumulator; I had some emails with finishcareusa.com, but that FK1 does sound familiar, even though I don`t find any emails from that domain.

Post Thanks / Like

He passed away and his daughter Vicky got the business which she quickly ran in the ground, as their mold release products had been the main volume since 95, and the industry was moving to new technology, she sold the company to JJ of All-Brite, he focused on new mold release products, later turning FK over to a relative to operate, and that didn`t work. FK spent less time and marketing on the auto and marine products. Everyone was let go except for Leda, she does it all. Last info I have is that it just a short matter of time before FK is totally shutdown.

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes Older liked this post
    Thanks Older thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    ..Everyone was let go except for Leda, she does it all. Last info I have is that it just a short matter of time before FK is totally shutdown.

Ah, OK, sigh...thanks for the info Ketch. That`s too bad about how the clock is ticking on it. I really feel bad for Leda...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for checking that Accumulator; I had some emails with finishcareusa.com, but that FK1 does sound familiar, even though I don`t find any emails from that domain.
    I wonder if there is any chance another detailing company(ies) will buy the rights to the more popular products such as 1000p? Sure, they won`t get much for it but even if it just a small figure, it is more money than they would have had otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

1000P was never intended for automotive or marine use. It was formulated for the high exotherm of mold release. Floyd realized that his use of polymer micro waxes and a very small percentage of a synthetic carnuba. as it could withstand temps in excess of normal wax blends without evaporating/fracturing, had uses in other industries. There are other such polymer paste type products such as Collenite, Mequiar`s #8, etc which are very similar in performance. !000P has lost much of it`s sales volume due to new liquid polymer products and easier for application and use in the FRP industry.

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes Older liked this post
    Thanks Older thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like small businesses are having a harder and harder time surviving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information