Post Thanks / Like

CarPro polyshave clay towel good buy?

I bought a poly shave towel and received it today. I`m usually the guy who likes to watch videos about products before getting them and this towel didn`t have a whole lot to talk about it.

Before using it I was wondering if anyone has experience with this towel and if it`s a good buy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro polyshave clay towel good buy?

In my mind, a good buy has some type of cost/performance relationship. I don`t know how these perform but I`m thinking if you got it for $1, it`s probably a good buy.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Is it perforated and orange? I was looking to buy the exact same clay towel very soon.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post
    Dislikes GearHead_1 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@Noorth, I`m sorry that i hit the thumbs down icon. I simply missed.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Is it perforated and orange? I was looking to buy the exact same clay towel very soon.
    Yes! Looks like this is their updated one compared to their older blue one. Didn`t know it was updated.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    In my mind, a good buy has some type of cost/performance relationship. I don`t know how these perform but I`m thinking if you got it for $1, it`s probably a good buy.
    Ha yeah well it`s 40$.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a video about a similar looking towel. I think they are relatively new to the market - few years. Lots of companies have one now, speed master and maxshine offer cheaper versions than Carpro but i`m bit of a carpro fanboy like you lol (Just read it on the autogeek forum). I`m looking for a one and done clay product. I play around with a bar, mitts and even a block.

The Future Of Automotive Clay? Faster | Safer | Amazing! - YouTube
    Likes MidnightNarwhal liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    This is a video about a similar looking towel. I think they are relatively new to the market - few years. Lots of companies have one now, speed master and maxshine offer cheaper versions than Carpro but i`m bit of a carpro fanboy like you lol (Just read it on the autogeek forum). I`m looking for a one and done clay product. I play around with a bar, mitts and even a block.

The Future Of Automotive Clay? Faster | Safer | Amazing! - YouTube
    Haha yes that would be me! I tried clay before and I also tried one of those Mother`s speed clay but I felt like I needed a towel to get in intricate areas and a towel just makes sense in my mind. We are used to using towels since we deatil. Also looking for a one item to do it all.

I guess I`ll try it out myself come spring and see for myself. In my experience CarPro products do as advertised and perform well so we`ll see.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, the mother`s speed clay 2.0 was the first clay product i bought lol I still have. Still works, seems to be slower, i`ve had it maybe 5 years now. I actually used it on my windshield a few weeks back. Never did get the glass super smooth..maybe it`s finally done. It was cold and windy.

Most of my traditional clay is gone now that`s why i`m looking for something new. And i`m 90% settled on a towel lol It will last me for years.

Honestly, i don`t understand the knock on towels being expensive. 100g of clay is close to half price the carpro towel in canada. But the towel will last years. It`s ironic because the towel in the long run is much cheaper. Not even close frankly.
    Likes MidnightNarwhal liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You drop enough of the good clay and it cuts the value of it down even more.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I clayed my car I got through 75% of it without dropping the clay bar. Right after finished the very last section I dropped the second piece while saying hello to the Amazon delivery guy dropping off a package for me. $30 in 22ple clay bar lost.

I actually have a Nanoskin block and a Polyshave towel (still new and unused) but just felt like giving 22PLE`s clay bar a try wanting to see if it`s claim to be non-marring were true (they are!).

Thread Information