Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Koch Chemie S0.02

I`ve seen a few reviews of this. Apex did one and was impressed with durability. Initial beading is great.

Best detail spray on the market? Koch Chemie S002 - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koch Chemie S0.02

Interesting product....had not seen the Apex video before....thanks for the post
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

On the KC FB group people have great success with Motorplast on tires/wheel wells too. I`m going to give it a try. Even if I can just a week or two on tires with it I`d be happy due to how easy it is to apply.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A little off topic but i enjoy KCX greenstar, works fine at 1:10 with a mild scent and is good value IMO. Relative to carpro`s multi-x anyhow. 3D and some others are even cheaper.

Polstar is supposedly very nice too..and concentrated. But i already have a concentrated interior cleaner and after that`s gone i might just use a rinseless wash.
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    On the KC FB group people have great success with Motorplast on tires/wheel wells too.
    Interesting idea, I wonder if it will last on tires.

I bought this product a few months ago and have done three engine bays. The final appearance, when everything is dry and mopped up, is stunning. Best product of its type I`ve seen. It appears to last, doesn`t evaporate away. I look forward to using it again.
    Cars: bringing people together
    Likes Lonnie, CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CleanIt:
    I asked this question about Koch Chemie detailing products in January 2021. Reference:
    Has Anyone Tried Koch Chemie Car-Care Chemical Products??
    Being a relatively new product line at that time, I did not get a lot of responses, as evidenced in the referenced thread.

I REALLY appreciate this thread you started about this product line and like I said in the referenced thread: It is nice to have detailing product options AND/OR find a new detailing product manufacturer that may have slipped under the radar and have some product "gems" that become staples or "cannot do without" products.
    The more positive experiences with products from Koch-Chemie you Autopians post, the more we all benefit from.

That said, they are a higher-priced product line, in my opinion, BUT certainly not out of line with other similar high-end car-care product manufacturers, like CarPro or Pinnacle Black Label. So that leads to the question: Are they worth the purchase price for the detailing task results they deliver; IE do you consider them a good value??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    CleanIt:
    I asked this question about Koch Chemie detailing products in January 2021. Reference:
    Has Anyone Tried Koch Chemie Car-Care Chemical Products??
    Being a relatively new product line at that time, I did not get a lot of responses, as evidenced in the referenced thread.

I REALLY appreciate this thread you started about this product line and like I said in the referenced thread: It is nice to have detailing product options AND/OR find a new detailing product manufacturer that may have slipped under the radar and have some product "gems" that become staples or "cannot do without" products.
    The more positive experiences with products from Koch-Chemie you Autopians post, the more we all benefit from.

That said, they are a higher-priced product line, in my opinion, BUT certainly not out of line with other similar high-end car-care product manufacturers, like CarPro or Pinnacle Black Label. So that leads to the question: Are they worth the purchase price for the detailing task results they deliver; IE do you consider them a good value??
    I haven`t used enough of their products to know whether they`re a good value but from everything I read, I would say yes they are. Their strength lies in their cleaning chemicals - soap/apc. Their Si02.02 looks very good and their coating looks decent. They manufacture everything themselves out of Germany and ship to their HQ in Atlanta, GA.

The only thing better than their Motorplast for engines is to coat your engine bay plastics with a ceramic such as Can Coat.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love Motorplast!
    Another of their products that is just amazing is FSE. It takes water spots off like magic. I do use John from Forensic Detail Channels method, and it works absolutely amazing. Will always have those 2 products on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Just realized that the Autopia Store (and its affiliate Palm Beach Motoring Group) do NOT sell/distribute Koch-Chemie products. Not sure if they will or even can due to exclusive territory limits and distribution contracts from Koch-Chemie with other distributor(s)/reseller(s).

I guess we can ask Autopia Store Admins if that`s a true assessment. Liz???

Does anyone know IF this Koch-Chemie is a spinoff or renamed company from Wacher-Koch in Munich, Germany?
    I see the later had a hand in developing BlackFire Wet Ice wax according to the Autopia Store information on this wax (I found it trying to search Koch-Chemie within the Autopia Store....go figure!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    I bought this product a few months ago and have done three engine bays. The final appearance, when everything is dry and mopped up, is stunning. Best product of its type I`ve seen. It appears to last, doesn`t evaporate away. I look forward to using it again.
    Hmm...when this thread first appeared and the Motorplast comment came up I researched it a little and I thought one of the things that came up compared it to Meg`s Hyper Dressing--so I figured Motorplast was just another PDMS dressing--it`s not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Does anyone know IF this Koch-Chemie is a spinoff or renamed company from Wacher-Koch in Munich, Germany?
    As opposed to Dr. Wack, like it used to say on the P21S stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    I personally love Motorplast!
    Another of their products that is just amazing is FSE. It takes water spots off like magic. I do use John from Forensic Detail Channels method, and it works absolutely amazing. Will always have those 2 products on the shelf.
    What’s Forensics method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What’s Forensics method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He sprays it on the paint and takes a damp mircofiber and gently wipes it into the paint, let it sit until it dries and hazes, take a dry microfiber and buff it off. Water spots gone!! I have tried the method on a few cars, some really bad water spots, some that were on the paint for days. All came off like butter with this method. Slight tweek from label, but it works amazing!!

How to remove water spots from cars - Easy car water spot removal with Koch Chemie FSE - YouTube
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    He sprays it on the paint and takes a damp mircofiber and gently wipes it into the paint, let it sit until it dries and hazes, take a dry microfiber and buff it off. Water spots gone!! I have tried the method on a few cars, some really bad water spots, some that were on the paint for days. All came off like butter with this method. Slight tweek from label, but it works amazing!!

How to remove water spots from cars - Easy car water spot removal with Koch Chemie FSE - YouTube
    Thank you for that link. I`ve just started to dip into some of these German products.....not Koch-Chemie yet, but have purchased a couple of Bilt Hamber products (Touchless and Surfex HD) and have been very impressed. Koch-Chemie is available at Detailed Image, Obsessed Garage and Autoforge (formerky IDS car care).....as well as a few other places. Only two places I`ve seen that carry Bilt Hamber...Clean Garage and Amazon
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Up here in the North there are a couple too, but Carzilla has most everything. If they don`t have it, reach out to them (Chris) and they will sure try to carry it.
    Likes JaCKISMYDOG liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information