Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

Some thoughts on the Hybrid Solutions Hyper-Foam, Wheel and Tire Cleaner and the Graphene/Acrylic Tire coating – 5 months after the first use:

The first time I used these products was on my wife`s Escape last July. When scrubbing the tires with the Hyper-Foam, the suds turned PITCH BLACK, showing just how much grunge had adhered to the tires DESPITE being frequently “cleaned” using a general all-purpose cleaner and “protected” with various other tire shine products, which obviously weren`t doing that good of a job.

Unfortunately, I got too busy to `properly` care for the car and it hasn`t even been washed since that initial use. I was able to finally take three days, and “Turtle Wax” the heck out of the car, giving a solid detailing for winter. I always do the tires first and when I cleaned them for the first time in 5 months (after they had been protected with the Graphene/Acrylic Spray in July), I saw that the foam ONLY turned a darker shade of brown – nowhere NEAR the pitch black of the first cleaning.

This told me that the Graphene/Acrylic tire coating had actually penetrated into the tire and stayed there well enough to prevent so much grunge from actually sticking to the tire – even after 5 months of brake dust, road grime and everything else, without even being washed with regular soap or even rinsed off (except by rain water) that entire time. To me, that is impressive. And once cleaned & dried after the scrubbing, the tire still looked good – not “I just applied tire shine” good, but really good for a just cleaned, bare tire.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

The Graphene Tire stuff is a great product. Tires look great after driving in the rain multiple times. . It also doesn`t turn your wash media black when you wash the tires. TW hit a home run and dethroned my old OTC favorite, AA tire gel. The one big con for some seems to be, you can`t get that super blingy glazed look. It`s just a dark black tire.
    Likes Don, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The Graphene Tire stuff is a great product. Tires look great after driving in the rain multiple times. . It also doesn`t turn your wash media black when you wash the tires. TW hit a home run and dethroned my old OTC favorite, AA tire gel. The one big con for some seems to be, you can`t get that super blingy glazed look. It`s just a dark black tire.
    That`s the look I prefer, I personally don`t like the high gloss, `blingy` look.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have to admit as not being a TW fan, they did well with this product. I get 2-3 weeks of good looks even in rain. My second favorite tire product.

WetWax was there other product they got right. Nice drying aid that adds a nice gloss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thread bump haha. I just applied the Graphene & Acrylic coating yesterday. Suuuuuuuuuuper easy. Applied to a brush then brushed it on clean tires. Gave them a nice matte black shine. Dried quickly enough that I just went around and did a second coat. Hopefully it lasts a while, because application was so easy and I`m a matte black fan. Now to see how it holds up.
    Likes Dan, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both. They are really good products.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using the tire coating for over a year and IMO there isn`t a more durable OTC product. The only thing that I`ve use that lasts longer is Tuff shine but that comes with its own problems. The TW stuff applies like armor all and looks similar but lasts through multiple rain storms and washing brings it back to life (a little). If they would release a more glossy version I`d like it even more.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, have you tried 2 or more coats to see if it will enhance the gloss to your liking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Dan, have you tried 2 or more coats to see if it will enhance the gloss to your liking?
    It does work, but like I mentioned,it`s a lot like OG Armor All, you just don`t get that bling look that I like sometimes, but these days I`m all about practical vs ultimate looks. All these new products are amazing in that regard, I get 90% the results with less than half the effort.
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It cures so quickly, that you can essentially just recoat the first tire as soon as you’ve finished the other three. So far after a week, the tires look the same. I’m coming from CG VRP, so this is a huge leap forward for me.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan:
    Your preference for a glossy, "blingy" tire is, well, your preference. This is one detailing appearance preference that will divide vehicle owners like political preferences and policies.
    I am just the opposite in tire appearance preference and much,much prefer the matte, natural look of tire as it came from the manufacturer`s factory as a new vehicle displayed on the showroom or when tires were newly installed as a replacement for worn tires. My reason is I HATE/DISLIKE/CANNOT STAND tire appearance that has equal or more shine than the paint, BUT that is my own personal preference. And cleaning a tire that has so much "lip gloss" on it can be a pain-in-the-royal-detailing-anal-opening before it looks naturally clean.

It is also one of those questions to ask vehicle owners when you detail their vehicle: What do you want your tires to look like; really shiny or matte natural? While I may not agree with their tire appearance preference, it IS giving the customer what they want. If they don`t know or ask why does it matter, then I give them my opinion and reason for my natural matte appearance and I have an "informed" vehicle owner.

Is this Hybrid Solutions Tire Cleaner available in gallon sizes??? I think I saw some re-sellers with what appears to be gallon jugs of this product in their "how-to" videos.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

Is this Hybrid Solutions Tire Cleaner available in gallon sizes??? I think I saw some re-sellers with what appears to be gallon jugs of this product in their "how-to" videos.
    Yes, it is. Look on the Turtle Wax website

P.S. The Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Prep DOES NOT need to be used EVERY TIME you clean your rims/tires. Once you`ve cleaned them and put a good coat of the Ceramic/Acrylic Tire Coating on the wheels etc, all you need for the next few maintenance washes is a brush + carwash soap.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

This really sounds like the ultimate compromise product between a coating and a dressing--best of both worlds.
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Dan:
    Your preference for a glossy, "blingy" tire is, well, your preference. This is one detailing appearance preference that will divide vehicle owners like political preferences and policies.
    I am just the opposite in tire appearance preference and much,much prefer the matte, natural look of tire as it came from the manufacturer`s factory as a new vehicle displayed on the showroom or when tires were newly installed as a replacement for worn tires. My reason is I HATE/DISLIKE/CANNOT STAND tire appearance that has equal or more shine than the paint, BUT that is my own personal preference. And cleaning a tire that has so much "lip gloss" on it can be a pain-in-the-royal-detailing-anal-opening before it looks naturally clean.

It is also one of those questions to ask vehicle owners when you detail their vehicle: What do you want your tires to look like; really shiny or matte natural? While I may not agree with their tire appearance preference, it IS giving the customer what they want. If they don`t know or ask why does it matter, then I give them my opinion and reason for my natural matte appearance and I have an "informed" vehicle owner.

I agree 100%, there are times bling is terrible. IMO nothing looks worse than glossy off-road tires. Jeepers seem to love glossy tires for some reason. Other times bling is good, I really like it on very low profile tires. Something like Hyperdressing allows me to do that.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not a Pro, nor have the experience that most of you have. just someone who likes to keep his cars clean. Saw this post having just washed the cars on an unusually warm NE Ohio day.

FWIW I`ve tried a few products, and found that the Optimum Tire Protection & Coating -- NOT the Opti-bond tire gel -- lasts for months, irrespective of how often it rains. A simple wash restores the tire to how it looked after application. As for gloss, one good coat leaves a matte finish while a second coat about an hour later will leave it near glossy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information