Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

Quote Originally Posted by AMDG75 View Post
    FWIW I`ve tried a few products, and found that the Optimum Tire Protection & Coating -- NOT the Opti-bond tire gel -- lasts for months, irrespective of how often it rains. A simple wash restores the tire to how it looked after application. As for gloss, one good coat leaves a matte finish while a second coat about an hour later will leave it near glossy.
    Yeah, I`ve been using the Optimum Gelcoat Restorer on my tires, I think it`s the same stuff as the TPC, well, close enough, anyway, since I bought a quart of the Gelcoat Restorer to try and save some failing clear. But a lot of people don`t like coatings because if you don`t like the look, or you curb a tire, it can be a lot more difficult to fix/change.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

I`m not a Pro, nor have the experience that most of you have. just someone who likes to keep his cars clean. Saw this post having just washed the cars on an unusually warm NE Ohio day.

FWIW I`ve tried a few products, and found that the Optimum Tire Protection & Coating -- NOT the Opti-bond tire gel -- lasts for months, irrespective of how often it rains. A simple wash restores the tire to how it looked after application. As for gloss, one good coat leaves a matte finish while a second coat about an hour later will leave it near glossy.
    AMDG75:
    Congratulations on your first post and Welcome to the Autopia Forum!!
    I have and use the OPT Opti-Bond Tire Gel after a request for suggestions for a matte appearance tire gel protectant. It is OK and while it may not last long, it is easy enough to re-apply and keep that matte appearance.
    I have also used Aerospace 303 on tires, again, for a matte appearance, but because it is water-based, it too does not last very long.( MAYBE two washings or one good rain!) Looks nice when it is first applied.
    Your experience with the OPT Tire Protectant Coating is well taken and I may need to consider adding this to my car-care product inventory. I like and use many OPT products; good price with very good detailing results.
    Optimum Power Clean is really good for an All- Purpose Cleaner, but I use it as a greaser.
    Their Carpet and Fabric Cleaner works very well for me on those interior materials.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I`ll have to try the carpet/fabric cleaner - despite the best intentions of Weathertech matts, salty slush still manages to evade the edges in a couple places. Vinegar helps, but not completely.

I`ve lurked on this forum for years and have tried a few different products, and over time found that it was simplest to stick to a few products -- any mostly sticking with Optimum, having started with ONR - now, hooked on the stuff. Actually had the opportunity to speak with Dr. G when I called asking about a product; receptionist said, Dr. G is here, would you like to speak with him. Nice guy.

I live in NE Ohio with a detached unheated garage -- and haven`t been to a car wash in over 10 years. If I can keep the garage temp above freezing (engine heat, space heater work well), two buckets of warm water with ONR, along with a half dozen microfibers does the trick. Have used Hyperseal and Optiseal as drying aids....and my 2014 A6 and wife`s car still look brand new. (Granted, having Xpel on front end/rockers/doors of both cars helps.)

Feel like a pusher, as my kids and friends are now addicted to ONR and a few other products.

Again, appreciate people sharing their product experiences here as that`s how I stumbled on ONR.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll second Lonnie and reinforce your interest in the Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner--what I most remember using that for was around the dead pedal on one of my cars, where it worked magic in removing some staining. I recall rubbing it in with my fingers and wiping it out with a towel (older wiser me would recommend nitrile gloves). Since like you I`ve switched over to all-season mats in my cars I haven`t had to use it on any carpeted floor mats.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I`ll have to try the carpet/fabric cleaner - despite the best intentions of Weathertech matts, salty slush still manages to evade the edges in a couple places. Vinegar helps, but not completely.
    AMDG, welcome aboard! There is someone who produces a cleaner that targets salt stains on carpet. I can`t recall which company, but someone here is likely to know.

Also, we have really good luck on interiors with TUFF STUFF. It seems to remove all sorts of stains without too much effort. Available just about everywhere for a few dollars.
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information