Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Labocosmetica

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Labocosmetica

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Is the original 3pH system (Primus, Purifica) going to remove my LSP if it`s not a coating?
    If weather cooperates this weekend gonna try the combo on car with 1 year/7500 mile old POLISHANGEL Glasscoat Cosmic Diamond + Graphene Spritz on it.

We shall see…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve seen great things about the 3ph system from DW. The didn’t steer me wrong with Bilt Hamber so ordered Purifica and Primus. I have enough Reset and Tacs Systems Mystic bubble for a ph neutral wash. Haven’t had a chance to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’ve seen great things about the 3ph system from DW. The didn’t steer me wrong with Bilt Hamber so ordered Purifica and Primus. I have enough Reset and Tacs Systems Mystic bubble for a ph neutral wash. Haven’t had a chance to use it.

I was thinking when I ordered Purifica & Primus I’d probably be sending a significant portion of the 1000ml bottles off after giving it a try…don’t see it being a long-term combo as I really don’t have a need for a ‘super wash system’ that it appears to be.

Bummer you ordered already…you were gonna be my first “You want this?” candidate Labocosmetica

Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    I was thinking when I ordered Purifica & Primus I’d probably be sending a significant portion of the 1000ml bottles off after giving it a try…don’t see it being a long-term combo as I really don’t have a need for a ‘super wash system’ that it appears to be.

Bummer you ordered already…you were gonna be my first “You want this?” candidate Labocosmetica

I still got a problem just switched it from LSP. Ordered a gallon of Idrosave but absolutely didn’t need more rinseless. Got a gallon of Purifica by accident…..

Funny thing is my rotator cuffs been jacked I hanent tried any of new stuff I ordered for last 6 months. 3 new polishers still in the box.

All the stuff Just sitting there, laughing at me.

But as always you are much appreciated

Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post
    Thanks 981 Cayman S thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I keep sitting on the sidelines waiting for people to really get to use these products and then see which ones stand up to the test of time.

I like the idea of a new rinseless was but the 3 step wash has me more excited since the valugaurd stuff is almost impossible to get for me anymore.

Also the dilute-able iron remover is interesting for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I like the idea of a new rinseless was but the 3 step wash has me more excited since the valugaurd stuff is almost impossible to get for me anymore.
    I still have some of the Valugard Custom Wheel Cleaner (non-HF acid), but apparently that and the ABC is now only avail in 5 gal as the smallest container, if I`m remembering that right (seems that their foray into the enthusiast market is over and they are back to bulk selling to dealers). I`m not sure the 3pH is really comparable to the ABC, I think the ABC is a stronger system, my impression of the 3pH is it`s more of a maintenance wash for coatings, or pre-coating cleaning, where the ABC was more of a "let`s get all the transit crap including acid rain off this new car". Not that I think the 3pH is something to be used every week, but they seem to emphasize the safety (to the car) and also just letting it dwell and rinse rather than agitate.

Sorry, I`m rambling, I think I need more coffee.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s a shame then that apparently gone are the days when you could get ABC in a reasonable size
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I`m wrong about the ABC size, in this thread from 2021 it seemed the (a?) smaller kit was available: Is ValuGuard ABC Still Available?

Post Thanks / Like

I still have some of the Valugard Custom Wheel Cleaner (non-HF acid), but apparently that and the ABC is now only avail in 5 gal as the smallest container, if I`m remembering that right (seems that their foray into the enthusiast market is over and they are back to bulk selling to dealers). I`m not sure the 3pH is really comparable to the ABC, I think the ABC is a stronger system, my impression of the 3pH is it`s more of a maintenance wash for coatings, or pre-coating cleaning, where the ABC was more of a "let`s get all the transit crap including acid rain off this new car". Not that I think the 3pH is something to be used every week, but they seem to emphasize the safety (to the car) and also just letting it dwell and rinse rather than agitate.

Sorry, I`m rambling, I think I need more coffee.
    I can’t speak to the chemical nature but what I understood from ValuGard was A is an Alklaline, B is Acidic and C is PH neutral.

The 3ph follows same format.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I can’t speak to the chemical nature but what I understood from ValuGard was A is an Alklaline, B is Acidic and C is PH neutral.

The 3ph follows same format.
    Of course, but the Valugard isn`t VDA-certified and designed to be foamed on the car with a cannon. It`s a stronger system that`s applied differently and it`s not for cleaning but for decon, it`s designed to dissolve adhesive residues in the alkaline stage and ferrous particles and water spots in the acid stage, from bare paint. ABC (well, I`ve only used the FK equivalent, but I do have the acid component of ABC) is a harsh system, which according to Reggy, the 3pH isn`t, hence its VDA approval (safe for any external car surface).

Post Thanks / Like

PRIMUS & PURIFICA

So Mother Nature smiled upon me recently and had a chance to give the Labocosmetica 3 ph ‘system’ a go. First used on my year-round daily driver with PPF + Ceramic Coating (April 2021, about 20k miles ago). Then I used it on my wife`s Winter daily driver that has a 1 year old POLISHANGEL Glasscoat Cosmic Diamond Coating + Graphene Spritz. (maybe 5k miles?)

For the TLDR crowd, it worked quite nicely on the coated car, a bit less so on the sealant car.

Not sure if it was the acid or the alkaline that did more good…I believe it was the acid. Never really had much like with alkaline stuff…CarPro lift was totally useless the once or twice I used it before putting in the back of the cabinet, never to be seen again.

The entire affair didn’t do anything that previous strategies of heavy decon didn’t handle (i.e. decon washes, iron remover, tar remover, etc) but it did it easier. Have another acid wash product coming to me so I will give that a try in a few weeks to see how effective that is minus the alkaline part. Didn’t really degrade the sealant car any but rather the dirt just didn’t release as much before going into bucket wash. I find the entire affair useful for more easily cleaning the heavy grim times of seasonal driving.

Used recommended dilutions in a PF22 foam cannon, both cars had a storm or two’s worth of Winter salt & grime on them, especially the sides.

PRIMUS first at 1:5, 1000ml foam cannon, used about 200ml of the foam.
    Labo_Alk1.jpg

Labo_Alk2.jpg

Then PURIFICA at 1:10, 1000ml foam cannon, about 300ml of the foam
    Labo_acid1.jpg

Labo_acid2.jpg

Then foam/contact wash with Gyeon Bathe at 1:5, 100ml foam cannon, used about 100-150ml of foam.
    Labo_Bathe.jpg

After 2nd rinse off of PURIFICA, the coated car pretty much was beading/sheeting like clean on the sides of the car that were previously covered in dry, winter slop. The sealant car had certainly removed some grime, say about 70% of it but to get back to sheeting/beading goodness, the contact wash was necessary.

Some part of the process was a winner in the deep & EASY cleaning aspect; interested to see if the acid-only approach I try next is just as effective given my previous `Meh..." experience with regards to alkaline wash products.

Post Thanks / Like

So did you rinse between Primus and Purifica?

Post Thanks / Like

So did you rinse between Primus and Purifica?
    Yep!

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a foam cannon--is that (as dispensed) dilution 1:10? So your "panel impact ratio" (I hate that term) was 1:50?

Post Thanks / Like

You are mis-informed regarding the ABC, go to their website and the video showing usage, etc, no guessing that way. Only such system approved by most vehicle manufacturers. The old harsh FK system is long gone.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information