Post Thanks / Like

under body Corrosion control

This may really not be a detailing topic but maybe someone in here is in this industry. It seems to have taken off locally at two local shops and many are getting the corrosion control sprayed under the vehicles. Either clear or black from what I am seeing. Supposedly a 3 plus year application? I have a brand new Ram so would be afraid they would claim it voids my warranty if I ever go that route. Anyone here use this product? I know it has to be done in a shop and Harry homeowner cannot just apply it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: under body Corrosion control

This has been a frequent topic here, you can probably find some "undercoating" threads, or I`m sure someone will chime in before too long. Member Ketch used to work at a manufacturer of automotive underbody coatings as well as other products, and always has good info on this topic.
    Likes ShenValley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fluid film is what you want. It’s lanolin based so not really toxic. It creeps a bit which is nice. Keeps thing’s looking like new as long as you apply yearly. 3 cans will do an average size car. 4 for a big truck.

Anything more than an oil like film can and will trap moisture. Even OEM stuff applied in near perfect conditions lifts and traps moisture sometimes.
    Likes ShenValley, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Valugard (Automotive International) has produced Chrysler`s Master Shield Rust Proofing and Undercoat products since the mid 80`s. They also produce Ford`s two products as well and both products are the endorsed and used (under the Valugard brand for Hyundai, Kia and Mazda, are in their TSB`s. Both are SAE and ASTM tested and approved. Majority of LineX dealers market and install them as well. No other such products have such approvals vs those often mentioned. On Valugard.net are videos, some factory TSB`s, manual for correct application etc. So if you are seeking REAL products you may wish to consider those. When properly applied, no annual or 3 year application is required.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes ShenValley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron. I`m not sure what product the company closest to me is applying but it may not be what you`ve mentioned. EDIT: Just Googled Valurgard and it shows Harrisonburg as the closest which is close to me. My guess the Line X location.

Post Thanks / Like

ShenValley- I`d sure give serious thought to taking it to Harrisonburg because...[INSERT what Ketch already posted].

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    Valugard (Automotive International) has produced Chrysler`s Master Shield Rust Proofing and Undercoat products since the mid 80`s. They also produce Ford`s two products as well and both products are the endorsed and used (under the Valugard brand for Hyundai, Kia and Mazda, are in their TSB`s. Both are SAE and ASTM tested and approved. Majority of LineX dealers market and install them as well. No other such products have such approvals vs those often mentioned. On Valugard.net are videos, some factory TSB`s, manual for correct application etc. So if you are seeking REAL products you may wish to consider those. When properly applied, no annual or 3 year application is required.
    You might be right about the car company approvals, but Fluid Film sure has a lot of happy users, some for decades. I`ve been using it for almost a decade and I have had excellent results. Yes you have to apply yearly but it takes 30 minutes. A trip to some installer is going to take hours. And they may drill all sorts of holes into your car. No thanks.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No drilling of holes in the vehicle is required as you may observe in the product application videos on the website. Open the Installation manual to see just where products must be applied. The Hyundai TSB is the result of a Federal safety Recall and ONLY the Valugard products are approved, NONE OTHERS! Over the years many small companies have marketed such "me too" products, however are unable to attain the approved and tested SAE and ASTM status or are produced by any firms that are able to attain and maintain ISO Cerification.
    Likes Stokdgs, 65chevy, John U liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So Ron, lets see pics of how your car looks with the Valugard stuff applied? Hopefully you have a vehicle that is over 5 years old with the stuff on it, I`d like to see how it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like

This site for some reason, will not let me download photos. On my Facebook profile are several photos of my vehicles. No corrosion and I live in the rust belt.
    Likes Dan, 65chevy liked this post

Thread Information