Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Is 2nd tier Shampoo Good Enough

All I`ve used is Reset for quite some time....

Adding a full wrap PPF car to the fleet - so I`m thinking maybe, just maybe, I`ll use something a bit less expensive

My Water may behave differently that your water with this shampoo
    1OZ HyperWash in a bucket - cleans decent but lubricity not like Reset
    I`m giving it a extra glug glug just to amp it up.

I am not planning to do a cost per oz per wash cost per vehicle...

Hyperwash should be fine for the garage queen who may not be dirty upon washes
    But for daily drivers, cars driven in rain, I think Reset will continue to be the shampoo of choice, irrelevant of cost.

I know everyone has their own fave. Another forum favorite, 3D Pink. Tried that. Wasn`t a fan as well
    Dislikes dcjredline disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is 2nd tier Shampoo Good Enough

I like hyperwash and also like Gold Class, I buy whichever is cheaper. The more expensive soaps for me are a little better but if I use hyperwash at 2x recommend strength it`s silly slick, eats dirt well and is still cheaper per use than most boutique brands.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Reset is my favorite by far, but Hyper Wash and Optimum Car wash are right behind it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hyperwash is my go-to soap.

I use 1.5oz per bucket and find the lubricity just fine. Not quite as slick as Optimum Car Wash, which is my second choice, but it cleans much better. In fact from the soaps I`ve used, Hyperwash is only second in cleaning ability to Reset. Since all of my vehicles are coated, Hyperwash offers plenty of lubrication and the wash mitt just glides along the surface.

I really like Reset, but it`s just a bit too expensive to me.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

3D Pink Soap via foam gun has been my go to for years now. It simply cleans. If the car is only very slightly dirty one could even get away with just a rinse down with it in the foam gun. Works for me.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Car Wash is nice. Good price. I really like Tacs Systems Mystic bubble a lot but with import cost it’s just as expensive unless you find a good sale.

BH AW is nice but again expensive unless on sale.

I’d just stick with reset in gallons. Even if you wash 3 cars once a week you’ll get almost a year and most likely will get a year of washes. Worth the extra $30 to 40 over others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I guess if I could select just a single shampoo, it would be RESET. However, I have probably 6 or 7 different products in the basement. Problem is that my son has his friends over to wash their cars/trucks and I don`t feel I need to be supplying a pricey shampoo for their neglected vehicles. So, I keep something like the Hyperwash around for other peoples` vehicles that drop by when the hose is out.
    Cars: bringing people together
    Likes CleanIt, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    I guess if I could select just a single shampoo, it would be RESET. However, I have probably 6 or 7 different products in the basement. Problem is that my son has his friends over to wash their cars/trucks and I don`t feel I need to be supplying a pricey shampoo for their neglected vehicles. So, I keep something like the Hyperwash around for other peoples` vehicles that drop by when the hose is out.
    I only maintain two cars so I stick with Reset. I like having a soap that cleans very well each time I wash the cars. It also rinses off very well I`ve found.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the term "2nd tier" implying "less expensive" or "second rate"? Do you get what you pay for in vehicle wash soap?
    What makes one soap a "1st tier" over another?

I assume you are looking for a 2-bucket (NOT a power washer) wash-maintenance soap and NOT a prep/pre-LSP soap for a vehicle.
    Here`s my wash characteristics/criteria list for a maintenance soap, in MY order of importance or weight:
    1) Effectiveness at cleaning road traffic film (RTF) or bug splatter (this is assuming you`ve rinsed the most debris off first)
    2) Lubricity to prevent marring (this is assuming you are using proper techniques and wash media/medii)
    3) Ability to form suds and maintain them, which is related to the first two (kinda)
    3a) Ability to work with and soften a hard-mineral water supply AND
    3b) its ability to dissolve in very COLD water (think early spring-late autumn Great Lakes-sourced water-supply COLD. Put your bare hand in a wash bucket of it for a while; you`ll understand)
    4) Rinseability or leaving nothing behind
    5) Cost per use and/or dilution ratio needed to met the above five characteristics effectively
    6) Fragrance/odor (for those who are fragrance-sensitive)
    7) Availability, not only from the manufacturer in this day-and-age of supply-chain issues, but also in what quantity sizes (IE, cost-related to per-ounce/cubic centimeter of liquid)
    8) Reputation and quality-control of the manufacturer.

There are as many different car wash soaps as there are car waxes. Which one(s) you prefer and use are kind of subjective because it`s all in the evaluation and judgement of the user.

ME? I still use Meg`s Pro Detailer Line M110 HyperWash because it cleans so well at a very good price per the amount needed to make a sudsy bucket of wash soap. My use of it was largely influenced by Autopia All-Star Rasky1 and his use in his excellent detailing. Before that I used Meg`s Mirror Glaze M62 Carwash Shampoo and Conditioner (an excellent soap in its own right).
    Recently I tried a former forum-favorite Chemical Guy`s Citrus Wash-&-Gloss that I bought at, where else, Walmart. It`s good, cleans well, a little expensive in the Walmart-available 16-ounce bottle. It was an "experiment" and available over-the-counter
    Chemical Guy`s makes SOOOO many different types of car wash soaps and shampoo and I do not think they get the credit or recognition for doing so. Would I recommend them? Yes-and-no!! They are "better" than most over-the-counter soaps, BUT at a cost.

That`s WHY this particular topic is of great interest to everyone because every Autopian who washer their vehicle uses some type of car wash soap.
    I would also like to see a list of what you Autopians consider as a "1st Tier" soap. it would seem that list includes (in no particular order or preference)
    1) CarPro Reset
    2) Bilt-Hamber Auto-Wash
    3) NY Frothe
    4) Koch-Chemie Gentle Snow Foam
    5) GTechique G-wash
    6) GYEON Q2M Bathe
    7) Dr.Beasley`s Ceramic Body Wash
    8) Adams`s Polishes Ultra Foam Shampoo
    9) McKee`s 37 Si02 Auto Wash (kinda?)
    GB detailer
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

As for a budget car wash, Kit or Formula One car wash is pretty good. Gold Class never impressed me. McKees SIO2 wash works great in my hard water. Jay Leno Ceramic car wash is a great tier 2 pricewise. I think a lot of it is subjective to water type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    . I think a lot of it is subjective to water type.
    Yup. So true. Also subjective based on goals. I know for some rinseability is important. I can’t say I’ve ever had any issues with that. Might be because I’m cheap and meter out the least amount that will clean and provide lube. Lol.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After using TW S&S pure wash, i was 100% blown away! I never used a soap with that much lubricity!! And the cleaning ability was fantastic. I figured just another soap. WRONG. I will be going back to this after i use up my gallon of Hyperwash. In comparison, HW is a benchmark soap, but I would choose S&S all day long.

Hybrid Solutions PRO Slick-N-Slide Pure Wash - 64 oz.

It was fantastic in both the bucket and foam gun.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    After using TW S&S pure wash, i was 100% blown away! I never used a soap with that much lubricity!! And the cleaning ability was fantastic. I figured just another soap. WRONG. I will be going back to this after i use up my gallon of Hyperwash. In comparison, HW is a benchmark soap, but I would choose S&S all day long.

Hybrid Solutions PRO Slick-N-Slide Pure Wash - 64 oz.

It was fantastic in both the bucket and foam gun.
    Did you try it with a foam cannon?

Post Thanks / Like

PA Detailer:
    ANOTHER Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions PRO product "convert"? Did Don and his black Camaro detailing escapades have any influence on this buying and using of this new wash soap?

Not knocking it; just curious about this particular wash soap. (Sounds like you are asking for a more detailed review, Captain Obvious!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to try it. So added it to an order awhile back.

TW HS PRO SLICK-N SLIDE PUR WASH.

My thoughts on it above.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information