Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is 2nd tier Shampoo Good Enough

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Sponges scare me Is 2nd tier Shampoo Good Enough. And getting 10 to wash my car would be quit expensive but yes those and the Esoteric sponges have intrigued me.

I do prefer the fine fiber MF mitts a lot more than the noodles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe i should look for a newer microfiber mitt, i never liked the one i have from detail popo. And i don`t particularly like my 2 simoniz noddle mitts, they are tough however- i had them for quite a while. Usually washed in the automatic washer and air dried.

Thanks for the input guys. Personally i never was bothered staying on topic...maybe the mods go crazy lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Accumulator -

Have you gotten around to using Reset yet....u might get -hooked
    Two things have kept me from trying it (besides already having many years worth of shampoos that I like just fine) : 1) I gather it`s primarily for coatings, and I don`t want to do *anything* that might compromise the longevity of my LSPs, and 2) I use huge quantities of shampoo with my wash method, and gallons of Reset could get pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage
    What soap(s) do you like that you feel are good and more safe for LSPs?
    I`m still using a roughly 50:50 mix of 3D Pink and Griot`s. The Griot`s is vastly inferior to its previous formulation, but it`s still OK. JustJesus sent me some Poorboy`s stuff that I need to try one of these years, might substitute that for the Griot`s, but it`ll be many years before I get through my current stock, and I`m not experimenting with anything new at present.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t really like anything Chemical Guys makes but their MF was mitts are excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

I swap between the Esoteric Sponge or Carpro`s Dabdab mitt with two buckets, or 5-7 mitts (mix of TRC Cyclone, Supreme Microfiber, and Microfiber Madness) in one bucket depending on what I feel like. Sometimes it`s nice to mix up the washing method for a little variety. I recently bought a TRC Ultra Black sponge for rinseless washing but it`s been too hot and sunny lately to do washing of any kind.

The Esoteric Sponge is extremely soft and squishy. It`s also much smaller than any of the mitts so it`s a much slower and more focused washing experience. The Carpro Dabdab is somewhere in the middle. I have yet to find a noddle mitt I like the feel of.

Carpro Reset has been my go to shampoo for a couple of years and the only thing I`d like to try as an alternative in Feynlab Pure Wash after seeing The Guz`s positive review on Youtube. Reset is just so good at everything that I haven`t felt the need to try anything else. That said, Reset was only OK in my foam cannon, but it`s not necessarily designed to be used that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Ah…I see your point. I was always using multi-colored microfiber wash mitts and staring into those was likely akin to a bad acid trip Is 2nd tier Shampoo Good Enough

I think somewhere I have a Big Red Sponge and the yellow McKees equivalent but like many things for me the buying excitement superseded the actual using of them.

I’m too incompetent to do rinseless so by the time wash media touches my paint, the “It’s clean, why are you even washing it?” car has been pressure rinse and foamed so I’d likely not see much dirt with a Lilly-white sponge.

All that said, the sponges are definitely not something you’d wanna use on a muddled-up 4x4 that just crawled out of the woods…much too tender for that usage scenario!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    How do you use sponge? Two bucket? Multiple sponges?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m not overly impressed with my cube cut sponge. I think it was a Simonize brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    How do you use sponge? Two bucket? Multiple sponges?

2 buckets, 1 sponge. While the Corvette and Cayman are now daily drivers they still only get road grime from driving in rain & such. Not horribly dirty. I drive far less each day now.

Gonna sell my ‘Winter’ Honda, put lift in garage to store Corvette in Winter and daily drive Cayman year ‘round…tired of having 4 cars. Able to wash inside at work during Winter so that’ll help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Coatings=crack, dgage liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information