Post Thanks / Like

The Camaro +To The Max Wax in DIRECT SUNLIGHT

After sleeping all day yesterday to recover from my 7-day, 12 hours a day work week, I got up this morning and did it. I washed the Camaro and after finishing drying it, I started to apply the Hybrid Solutions Graphene/To The Max Wax.

For an applicator, I used an auto-parts store microfiber applicator (I buy them in bulk, so they are use once, then throw away. That way I can just grab one out of the bag and not have to worry if it is clean or not).

I know the instructions say to use 3 dime sized drops on the applicator, but I used less than suggested - two drops or a thin line of product about 2 " long. I still got full, even coverage and I ended up using so little, that bottle will likely last for 10+ applications, so even though it`s $27 for a bottle (at Advance Auto Parts), it`s still cheap for how far that amount of product will go.

Since my garage is too small for me to wax the entire car in there (I would have to pull it out to get to the front end and passenger side), I decided to do it in the driveway, in the sun. Nothing like trying out a new product under less than ideal conditions... And for those who are curious, it is currently 82* with 50% humidity and I`m sure the paint was a lot hotter than that.

Onto my impressions:

For me, application was a touch grabby, but I contribute that tho the heat and humidity, but otherwise, getting a smooth even coat was easy. I applied and removed the wax 1 panel at a time, splitting the roof and hood into 2 sections. I did the tops first (hood, roof, trunk lid, roof pillars and windows) then puled out the chair, so I could sit to do the sides.

Wipe off was a DREAM. Apply, wait a few minutes and use the damp towel to wipe down the panel, then immediately buff the panel with a clean/dry microfiber - I used a Chemical Guys "Happy Ending" towel for buffing - it`s VERY thick and VERY, VERY fluffy and it worked great with no linting. Just continue to buff the panel until it`s slicker than snot and you`re done, it`s THAT EASY.

Application to the "cooler" areas (those in the shade) was a touch less grabby and in some areas where it was really cool (relative to the panels in direct sun), it spread like butter. Total time to wash, dry and apply/remove the Max Wax was about 2.5 hours...I was taking my time with a few water breaks in there, but even so, I don`t think 2.5 hours was too bad. I applied it by hand, so I`m sure if I had used my polisher, it would have gone a lot faster, plus I`m sure guys in better shape than me could greatly reduce that time.

Onto the results:

Is it slick? Oh most definitely, it is extremely slick, even under the damp towel. Is it deep and glossy? Absolutely.Is it better than the Flex Wax? I have no idea. My car got two coats of Flex Wax just over a month ago and was already very deep and glossy, so *I* couldn`t tell a difference. I do however think it might be slicker than the Flex Wax, at least right after application, will it stay that way? Again, I have no idea. Is it worth $27 per bottle? I think it might be. In my estimate, I can probably get 12 or more coats on a Camaro-sized car and even if it only lasts a few months (on its own) that means you would only have to reapply it 3 - 4 times a year and if there are roughly 12 application in a bottle that`s several years worth of product for $27, not bad at all.

Onto the pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes dgage, Tc99m, CleanIt, ernman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Camaro +To The Max Wax in DIRECT SUNLIGHT

looks great Don
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I waited the 24 hours, but instead of Flex Wax, I put a 2nd coat of To The Max Wax on. I figure, I`ve never seen any You Tubers (or anyone else for that matter) use two coats, so I thought I would give it a try and see how it goes. For coat #2, application was still grabby and wipe off was still a dream. I`ll probably wait a week then top it with the Flex Wax.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m at work right now and I was able to take a quick break, so I went out to take a look at the car and discovered it had rained pretty heavily while I was inside. Let me tell you, the water beading is INSANE from the 2 coats of Graphene Max Wax. I didn`t have a chance to take pics because I didn`t have time and it was too dark, but when I leave it will be light enough and I will take pics and post them once I get home. Give me about 2 hours and the pics will be up by say 8:30.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As promised, the beading shots:
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Dan, CleanIt, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It looks great ! What color is the camaro ? It looks gray and black depending on the pic. I would like to try this new stuff out, but Right now I have way too much stuff I have to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    It looks great ! What color is the camaro ? It looks gray and black depending on the pic. I would like to try this new stuff out, but Right now I have way too much stuff I have to use.
    It is totally black. *I* didn`t realize it until I saw the pics, but the rear molding between the exhaust pipes is gray and I`ve had the car for almost 7 years. Until I put the Max Wax on, which made the black very BLACK, I always thought that piece was black too. If you do buy it, just buy one bottle, after using so little for 2 applications, I`m positive I can get at least 12 MORE applications out of the one bottle - a LITTLE goes a LONG way
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

She looks good and that’s some nice beading. I always like when I see great water behavior that get’s those vertical water stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    She looks good and that’s some nice beading. I always like when I see great water behavior that get’s those vertical water stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should check out the "Where`s the dirt" thread. The rear bumper was almost totally clean after a 46 mile drive in the rain.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

It`s good that it sheds dirt in the rain. It must be the light /shadows, to me post #5 with the beading looks gray.
    Likes Don liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    It`s good that it sheds dirt in the rain. It must be the light /shadows, to me post #5 with the beading looks gray.
    It was 7 am, overcast and the sun hadn`t come up yet.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Thread Information