Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Miyabi vs ISM 3.0

which is easier to apply for a consumer Miyabi or the new ISM 3.0? What are the differences?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Miyabi vs ISM 3.0

Budgetplan is the kami expert I think he changed his name on here though. Someone else probably knows his user name or if he still visits the site he might respond and give best info.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is the 3.0 not fairly new??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim100 View Post
    which is easier to apply for a consumer Miyabi or the new ISM 3.0? What are the differences?
    Miyabi is a sharp, bright gloss coating, 2 layers is generally in the 18-24 months effective life range. It is *very* forgiving and quite probably up there amongst the absolute easiest coatings to use. Apply to 2-3 panels before removing and if you`re very familiar with coatings you can coat a car very, very quickly. It can be applied on PPF (both gloss and satin/matte) and is a nice choice for these situations because of it`s forgiving nature during application; nobody wants a high spot on PPF...tough to remedy.

ISM 3.0 is the latest iteration of the Kamikaze ISM coating, preceded by ISM 1.0 & ISM 2.0. While it is primarily a paint coating it is also excellent for plastic & rubber trim, wiper arms, windshield cowlings and pretty much any exterior surface aside from glass. It combines the chemical resistance of ISM 2.0 (which was kinda cantankerous to apply) with the ease of use of ISM 1.0. It can be used on PPF and has more of a deep, wax-like glow (as much as you can get that from a coating) as opposed to a sharp or candy gloss. Effective life is expected at around 24-36 months. While ISM 3.0 does not like to be layered on itself, it can be combined with a layer or 2 of Miyabi as a base with a single layer of ISM 3.0 on top of that. It can also be used by itself in a single layer.

If you want more information and specifics on application, check on the relatively recently release videos on the vendors YouTube channel to hear more about the products.

FWIW I now work with/for the US vendor of Kamikaze products but it`s no secret that as user BudgetPlan1 I have been a big fan of Kamikaze since I first used it in 2016. Is it the greatest coating in the world...well of course not...there is no such thing. Everybody has their favorite products but it just plain works for me and as with all things, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Is the 3.0 not fairly new??
    It is the newest version, released to the public in the U.S. a month or two ago. ISM 1.0 & ISM 2.0 are no longer available. Having used all 3 I`d say ISM 3.0 is even easier than ISM 1.0; ISM 2.0 was a bit of a, uh,...challenge.
    Likes CleanIt, The Guz, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt, JustJesus, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

981 cayman. Just asking the shop that did your ppf on your car I thought you worked there or with them. Also what is your favorite coating if you had to pick one. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    981 cayman. Just asking the shop that did your ppf on your car I thought you worked there or with them. Also what is your favorite coating if you had to pick one. Thanks
    Had them PPF wife’s car in Spring 2019, my car in Spring 2021 and then moved here to work for them in August 2021.

For a daily driver that see’s a lot of miles I’d do Kami Miyabi x 2 w a single layer of ISM on top. That combo did well over 42k daily driver miles back in Cleveland from 2017 to 2019, 95% freeway abuse/driving.

My Cayman has Kami Zipang on top of XPEL and I’ll be doing a single layer of ISM 3.0 on top of wife’s STEK PPF sometime this Summer. Zipang is really overkill on PPF though but did it outta curiosity.

We don’t drive nearly as much these days as we did in NE Ohio and Winters are milder so I’m probably just gonna Gyeon CanCoat her Winter Honda soon too, maybe Gyeon Pure just for giggles w CanCoat on top…be a big, blue candy-gloss treat. Maybe maintain w Gyeon Ceramic Detailer instead of my usual POLISHANGEL Spritzes.

Lotsa good choices out there these days. Gyeon has really stepped up their game with the EVO coatings, great stuff but I’ll always be a Kamikaze user; expensive but has never let me down both in abusive situations as well as pure looks situations. I’m lazy, don’t really like washing cars or using products that are a PITA and the Kami stuff meets those desires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cayman. At that shop do you detail car. Do you install ppf or you do both. I am just getting into detailing. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    Cayman. At that shop do you detail car. Do you install ppf or you do both. I am just getting into detailing. Thanks
    Most of my ‘normal’ days are spent answering client inquiries and e-mails regarding product usage, recommendations and other questions. As a detailing hobbyist for the previous few years, I had used nearly every product in our catalog so it seemed like a good fit Chances are pretty good that if you call or e-mail us I’ll be the guy you’re talking to. And I’m probably also the guy (lately) who will pull, pack and ship your order in between phone calls and e-mails. Shipping is oddly entertaining as I can see what folks are planning on using and many times think back to when I enjoyed using the same products!

I do get into the shop now and again and am often the one who initially tests/tries new products we are considering or are recently released like the Gyeon and Kamikaze coatings. Sometimes this requires me doing a full prep/polishing of a vehicle before applying & sometimes I get a car that someone else has prepped/polished for me….which is nice; just apply the product which is the fun part, no? The daily drivers in my household have been running around since last Thanksgiving with 5 or 6 different coatings on parts of them to see how things work in real life over time.

I hang around the PPF & tint guys when I get the chance and pester them when I have questions but don’t get involved in the actual installation. While I have helped out coating a customer car on occasion, I don`t much get involved in daily detailing operations…that stuff is a young man’s game and doing it regularly would likely maim me at my age! Plus side is when I do go all-in on one of my cars I can do it in a well-equipped facility with everything at my fingertips as opposed to my previous environment of a dingy warehouse or garage. And washing my cars when they need it is equally as convenient with everything at hand.

It’s a really neat gig where I can do or see a bit of nearly everything and it satisfies my interests in both cars in general and detailing in particular. The folks here are incredibly nice, have seen it all and are willing to share…while having fun doing it. I’ve been here since August of 2021 and really have yet to have a ‘bad’ day at work. It really is a great way to spend my days; interestingly enough, I first ran across these folks when an esteemed Autopia member suggested I stop there and pick up a bottle of Overcoat to try!

Likes Silly Rabbit, dgage, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Most of my ‘normal’ days are spent answering client inquiries and e-mails regarding product usage, recommendations and other questions. As a detailing hobbyist for the previous few years, I had used nearly every product in our catalog so it seemed like a good fit Chances are pretty good that if you call or e-mail us I’ll be the guy you’re talking to. And I’m probably also the guy (lately) who will pull, pack and ship your order in between phone calls and e-mails. Shipping is oddly entertaining as I can see what folks are planning on using and many times think back to when I enjoyed using the same products!

I do get into the shop now and again and am often the one who initially tests/tries new products we are considering or are recently released like the Gyeon and Kamikaze coatings. Sometimes this requires me doing a full prep/polishing of a vehicle before applying & sometimes I get a car that someone else has prepped/polished for me….which is nice; just apply the product which is the fun part, no? The daily drivers in my household have been running around since last Thanksgiving with 5 or 6 different coatings on parts of them to see how things work in real life over time.

I hang around the PPF & tint guys when I get the chance and pester them when I have questions but don’t get involved in the actual installation. While I have helped out coating a customer car on occasion, I don`t much get involved in daily detailing operations…that stuff is a young man’s game and doing it regularly would likely maim me at my age! Plus side is when I do go all-in on one of my cars I can do it in a well-equipped facility with everything at my fingertips as opposed to my previous environment of a dingy warehouse or garage. And washing my cars when they need it is equally as convenient with everything at hand.

It’s a really neat gig where I can do or see a bit of nearly everything and it satisfies my interests in both cars in general and detailing in particular. The folks here are incredibly nice, have seen it all and are willing to share…while having fun doing it. I’ve been here since August of 2021 and really have yet to have a ‘bad’ day at work. It really is a great way to spend my days; interestingly enough, I first ran across these folks when an esteemed Autopia member suggested I stop there and pick up a bottle of Overcoat to try!

Do your good forum friends get the homie discount Kamikaze Miyabi vs ISM 3.0
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes 981 Cayman S, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Do your good forum friends get the homie discount Kamikaze Miyabi vs ISM 3.0
    Kamikaze Miyabi vs ISM 3.0Alas, my powers are unfortunately limited in that respect! Ya know I like a good giveaway opportunity.

Thread Information