Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DIY Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DIY Detail

FYI I watched an Eddie Colon video recently featuring DIY Rinseless and Owner`s Pride Evo Wash.

I had never heard about this rinseless wash before so i looked them up:

- Evo wash has both polymer and surfactants just like DIY.
    - The gallon Evo wash gallon container is very similar to DIY gallons. Just a different color.
    - They both use tolco sprayers and the same SEO provider.

I have no idea who makes Owner`s Pride`s products but just figured i would share this bit of information. It`s not really important to me but it`s still fun to talk about.
    Likes Coatings=crack, PNWSam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any Autopians have scent allergies or are fragrance-sensitive?
    It can cause nausea,sneezing-runny nose, and headaches for some people,
    hence I ask someone BEFORE using certain car-care products, especially for the interior.
    You do not know unless you ask!
    Just a good common sense detailing tip.
    GB detailer
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think scent plays more of a role for a DIY type detailer. I think the pros make their choices more on end results than smell with the exception being interior products.
    Likes Ron Ketcham liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Any Autopians have scent allergies or are fragrance-sensitive?
    It can cause nausea,sneezing-runny nose, and headaches for some people,
    hence I ask someone BEFORE using certain car-care products, especially for the interior.
    You do not know unless you ask!
    Just a good common sense detailing tip.

Let us in on those "no smell" detailing products. I`ve never run across them. I`ve used pleasant-smelling products and ones that smell like chemicals but never found the no smell ones.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the spray polish and yellow waffle pad yet?

I just seen on a youtube video the spray polish is both SMAT and DAT...and i believe the yellow waffle is more stiff than the LC orange from what i seen mentioned...

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried their rinseless wash today and I liked it. I think it feels more slick than my ONR but then again I think my ONR is not the recent new formula either. I do agree, the 16oz bottle is a steep price, more than twice my ONR but thankfully their gallon size brings the price per oz down to even lower than ONR.

I plan to get their spray polish along with their foam and microfiber pads to prep my car for ceramic come spring/summer here. I like their concept of the brand being simple and straight forward.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightNarwhal View Post
    I just tried their rinseless wash today and I liked it. I think it feels more slick than my ONR but then again I think my ONR is not the recent new formula either. I do agree, the 16oz bottle is a steep price, more than twice my ONR but thankfully their gallon size brings the price per oz down to even lower than ONR.

I plan to get their spray polish along with their foam and microfiber pads to prep my car for ceramic come spring/summer here. I like their concept of the brand being simple and straight forward.

I haven’t used DIY’s spray polish, but I use optimums spray polish. I will never use a cream polish again. Spray is so much easier.

I really like yvans approach (use pad washer after every pass, low and slow, and spray polish).

I still have 3/4 gallon of onr so,it’ll be a while till I try diy rinsless
    Likes noorth, MidnightNarwhal liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i might try their polish. I have never used a spray polish. Looks like a quick way to load your pad once you get used to it. Not that speed is an issue for me lol But it does seem more efficient once you figured out how not to make a mess. Which is easy outside but with a spray product wind becomes a factor. That`s the main reason i don`t think its a good fit for me. I live in a windy place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Yeah i might try their polish. I have never used a spray polish. Looks like a quick way to load your pad once you get used to it. Not that speed is an issue for me lol But it does seem more efficient once you figured out how not to make a mess. Which is easy outside but with a spray product wind becomes a factor. That`s the main reason i don`t think it’s a good fit for me. I live in a windy place.
    to be honest it took me a few sprays to figure out the “cone” (if that’s the right word) of the spray so I wasn’t,wasting.

but I was instantly hooked on spray polish. I’ll never look back.

someone,said Yvan has “quirky” techniques. Well, they work. He’s a lone man with his “rotary, low speed, no pressure” but it just plain works, and while I feel my rupes WERE the smoothest machine out there, a low speed rotary is as smooth as it gets.

the only improvement I could possibly make is a lighter rotary (I’m using a cheapo harbour fright right now).

and man, using a sealant or spray wax to wipe off the polish residue….. talk about a time saver. And at the end of the day it looks good.

and honestly no one cares. “Hey man ya washed your,car!” After an all day polish, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The polish has a super long working time and no dusting.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The polish has a super long working time and no dusting.
    How`s the clean up?

I bet it smells great....i have looked at it. I just have a lot of polishes now. About half a dozen i guess - threw away a few bottles/brands.

What`s it like using a spray polish Mike? I have never tried one but even before DIY came around i was looking hard at optimum`s hyper polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nan_wpg View Post
    to be honest it took me a few sprays to figure out the “cone” (if that’s the right word) of the spray so I wasn’t,wasting.

but I was instantly hooked on spray polish. I’ll never look back.

someone,said Yvan has “quirky” techniques. Well, they work. He’s a lone man with his “rotary, low speed, no pressure” but it just plain works, and while I feel my rupes WERE the smoothest machine out there, a low speed rotary is as smooth as it gets.

the only improvement I could possibly make is a lighter rotary (I’m using a cheapo harbour fright right now).

and man, using a sealant or spray wax to wipe off the polish residue….. talk about a time saver. And at the end of the day it looks good.

and honestly no one cares. “Hey man ya washed your,car!” After an all day polish, lol.
    I like a lot of Yvan`s stuff. I`m very similar i like to make things simple. The KISS principle. It`s one of the main reason`s i picked up DIY Rinseless to support his content. Some of it`s gold for the KISS minded folks. :Like i got to get me one of those green tire/wheel/rim brushes! Detailers overthink a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    How`s the clean up?

I bet it smells great....i have looked at it. I just have a lot of polishes now. About half a dozen i guess - threw away a few bottles/brands.

What`s it like using a spray polish Mike? I have never tried one but even before DIY came around i was looking hard at optimum`s hyper polish.
    Easy wipe off just like hyper polish. It’s messy spraying. Nothing game changing. Just different application to the pad.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT: 4 new ceramic coatings coming soon | Podcast #40 - YouTube

"You`ve been asking for it -- we`ve been working on it. A 3, 5 and 8 year ceramic coating line up perfect for pros and easy enough for DIYers. Also: a new and improved metal coating.We`ve been working with our chemist to develop these unique formulations -- all in the hopes of providing you the best and most advanced ceramic coatings available today. So when do they come out? APRIL 21st!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

8 year coating.... Personally it makes me cringe and graphene too.

Nick himself has only been detailing 6 or 7 years...the market just seems to want a number. But 8? Come on...
    Likes CleanIt, 981 Cayman S, PNWSam liked this post

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information