Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DIY Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DIY Detail

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    My problem is anyone can go to a blender and come up with their own line. Seems every YouTuber got a sponsorship or something.

I see everyone talking about “my chemist” but in reality it is most likely the blenders chemist who is the “chemist” for other brands. And I’m sure you can request certain blends and someone like Yvan might have a better idea of what he’s thinking and I’m sure it’s a good products.

Problem is like OG drying aid, Adam’s slick and slide and xtrene topper I’m sure their are a lot of overlap with these brands.

For all we actually know DIY could just be another arm of B&B.

I like the fact he talks about Rinseless being both surfactant and polymer base. Would be neat if he explained why the chose the combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I completely agree and think you`re likely correct. DIY said that even the big companies that you think do all in-house still have to contract out to smaller niche companies for some products. I think Yvan`s strength is in that he`s been in the industry for a while. But you`re right a lot of their products could very well be from a B&B type place. I know they source everything domestically which is nice.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t doubt that a bunch of the latest and greatest ceramic coatings are the same product sold under different labels. Even the big blenders are getting their base products from somewhere like PPG or BASF. It`s kind of like oil, Amsoil and Mobil 1 are rumored to use the same base stock with different additive packages.
    Likes CleanIt, PNWSam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I don`t doubt that a bunch of the latest and greatest ceramic coatings are the same product sold under different labels. Even the big blenders are getting their base products from somewhere like PPG or BASF. It`s kind of like oil, Amsoil and Mobil 1 are rumored to use the same base stock with different additive packages.
    Exactly. Amsoil buys base oils and additives from XOM Chemical, Infineum or one of the other handful of additive suppliers.

What is B&B`s line called, Jade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    I completely agree and think you`re likely correct. DIY said that even the big companies that you think do all in-house still have to contract out to smaller niche companies for some products. I think Yvan`s strength is in that he`s been in the industry for a while. But you`re right a lot of their products could very well be from a B&B type place. I know they source everything domestically which is nice.
    He stated in his Pan video that a big blender wanted him to consult and wanted him as a spokes person. He recommended guy from Hawks detailing. He came in but they still wanted Yvan.

Way he told it they both got ownership stake but blender is main/part owner too.

Likes CleanIt liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In all seriousness guys are you forgetting about all the brands being made in Asia and Europe? Most of my chemicals are from Germany, Italy and Korea.

Some real nice looking brands out of the UK too i think i`m going to try soon. I really like the spray wax from Infinity Wax. Supergloss or something. It comes out thick like polish angel. Likeable owner too i joined their facebook group, started from playing around with wax blends.

Rant over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    In all seriousness guys are you forgetting about all the brands being made in Asia and Europe? Most of my chemicals are from Germany, Italy and Korea.

Some real nice looking brands out of the UK too i think i`m going to try soon. I really like the spray wax from Infinity Wax. Supergloss or something. It comes out thick like polish angel. Likeable owner too i joined their facebook group, started from playing around with wax blends.

Adams, Griots etc never did interest me.

3D did and i would like to try some duragloss stuff. Just never seen it in Canada.

Oberk is another but even there polishes are from germany i believe. Their new rinseless is expensive and it`s pink! The new soap they just released looks very interesting and i love to try sole with the yellow pad they sell. I believe their yellow pad is a small step up from rupes yellow in aggression. It`s closer to the LC yellow cutback that cuts more than the orange LC. I believe it`s more like the LC SDO blue pad which finished out fine on my car last year.

But honestly i think asia and europe are superior to any america brand in most ever category.

The best brands in america are probably lake country, optimum and 3D overall. None of them are dependent on B&B i would "guess."

Edit: Shine supply looks interesting too. And feynlab has some crazy prices but looks like a solid company, i`ve looked at their coating many times. Claims to have a very long flash time. Almost like a wax, 10-15min. But i never seen many mention it...

WaxedShine too. I don`t know anything about them. Sweet looking polishers. From China i assume.

I have zero interest in B&B companies. And it looks like DIY is one of them. I believe P&S makes their own stuff. Not sure about 10 year coating Mckee`s. The only thing that`s going to last 10 years on your car paint is your paint. ````in joke. I don`t even think i will ever buy N914 again simply because of that insanity. And Nick looks like he`s on drugs - i would know haha

Infinity Wax has a new rinseless but with protection i`m going to wait for that to come to Canada. N914 is out of the question. I don`t support people i believe are predators, weak in this case. Doyle is another creep.
    I tried an Infinity Wax product and wasn`t too impressed.

I`m not sure if DIY is made by B&B. I want to say they`re not.

Europe and especially Asia have some top-notch brands: Carpro/Gyeon - S. Korea, Sonax - Germany, Kamikaze - Japan, Bilt Hamber - UK.....many more too.

US: Feynlab, 3D, Opti Coat, PoorBoy`s World, Adam`s, System X to name a few.

Adams is B&B`s sister company. What`s the hate for B&B? You`re not the only one to say that. They look like they have a great R&D Center in Colorado.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    I tried an Infinity Wax product and wasn`t too impressed.

I`m not sure if DIY is made by B&B. I want to say they`re not.

Europe and especially Asia have some top-notch brands: Carpro/Gyeon - S. Korea, Sonax - Germany, Kamikaze - Japan, Bilt Hamber - UK.....many more too.

US: Feynlab, 3D, Opti Coat, PoorBoy`s World, Adam`s, System X to name a few.

Adams is B&B`s sister company. What`s the hate for B&B? You`re not the only one to say that. They look like they have a great R&D Center in Colorado.
    No hate man. You caught me lol

I was just rambling i tried to delete most of my post haha I don`t know any of these people of course.

What Infinity Wax product did you use?

I will say though i think it comes for apex/phoenix/xtreme with their over the top marketing. And i spent hours watching brain of Apex when he first started his youtube channel. He`s a fraud. I don`t like frauds.

Anyhow, it really doesn`t matter to us - i would never buy a product from those companies..
    Likes CleanIt, Coatings=crack, PNWSam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: Shine supply looks interesting too. And feynlab has some crazy prices but looks like a solid company, i`ve looked at their coating many times. Claims to have a very long flash time. Almost like a wax, 10-15min. But i never seen many mention it...
    Pretty sure Shine Supply is B&B too?
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No hate man. You caught me lol

I was just rambling i tried to delete most of my post haha I don`t know any of these people of course.

What Infinity Wax product did you use?

I will say though i think it comes for apex/phoenix/xtreme with their over the top marketing. And i spent hours watching brain of Apex when he first started his youtube channel. He`s a fraud. I don`t like frauds.

Anyhow, it really doesn`t matter to us - i would never buy a product from those companies..
    All good I was just curious because I hear quite a few people say that about B&B. I was just curious.
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Pretty sure Shine Supply is B&B too?
    Maybe. I really have no idea.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think part of the marketing plan is to put put out 3 or 4 products under various names and get fanboi reviews going and have people do comparisons and people will line up and buy all 4 and the blender laughs all the way to the bank.
    Likes CleanIt, PNWSam liked this post
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OG doesn`t hide that his Drying Aid is from a blender. He went that way because whatever product he was using before, it would stain towels. So he reached out and had Drying Aid made without the scents and dyes.

His decon soap used to come from Chemical Guys. not sure who`s doing it now.
    Likes noorth liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    OG doesn`t hide that his Drying Aid is from a blender. He went that way because whatever product he was using before, it would stain towels. So he reached out and had Drying Aid made without the scents and dyes.

His decon soap used to come from Chemical Guys. not sure who`s doing it now.
    Can’t say I’ve had an LSP stain towels… I do like that it is colorless tho. Color doesn’t change a thing. A good smell can.

It’s just he’s $10 more per 32oz than topper or SnS. Just to buy from him?

Post Thanks / Like

The new DIY spray polish looks interesting. But i`d imagine it would be messy.

In one of the video reviews the guys from DIY stated in the comment section it can remove up to 1500 grit and you don`t even need to use a panel wipe to coat over it, which i found very interesting.

I have never used a spray polish before and thought of trying optimum`s a few times now.

The waffle pad look really nice too since i love CCS pads. I might just try it BUT i really don`t need anymore polishes or pads lol

edit: I just noticed something. Yvan Lacroix stated in one of his video`s one of the reasons waffle pads are not so popular are because they are more expensive to make but i just checked the price on the new rupes waffle pads and they are considerably cheaper than the flat pads. I assume he was directly referring to lake country....i need to get a life haha I might just try the yellow rupes waffle pad, very good price. DIYdetail will probably be closer to the HDO price i believe.

Nope looks like the DIY pad is nicely priced....

Post Thanks / Like

The new DIY spray polish looks interesting. But i`d imagine it would be messy.

In one of the video reviews the guys from DIY stated in the comment section it can remove up to 1500 grit and you don`t even need to use a panel wipe to coat over it, which i found very interesting.

I have never used a spray polish before and thought of trying optimum`s a few times now.

The waffle pad look really nice too since i love CCS pads. I might just try it BUT i really don`t need anymore polishes or pads lol

edit: I just noticed something. Yvan Lacroix stated in one of his video`s one of the reasons waffle pads are not so popular are because they are more expensive to make but i just checked the price on the new rupes waffle pads and they are considerably cheaper than the flat pads. I assume he was directly referring to lake country....i need to get a life haha I might just try the yellow rupes waffle pad, very good price. DIYdetail will probably be closer to the HDO price i believe.

Nope looks like the DIY pad is nicely priced....
    Rupes waffles are for rotary. Maybe foam for rotary is less expensive?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information