Thread: New car

Post Thanks / Like

New car

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I am looking for a polish/correcting cream(?) to remove some very minor swirls on a new cars paint. I would prefer something that be applied by hand or machine as the swirls are very few.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car

Quote Originally Posted by tasdisr View Post
    I hope this is the right place to ask this. I am looking for a polish/correcting cream(?) to remove some very minor swirls on a new cars paint. I would prefer something that be applied by hand or machine as the swirls are very few.
    There are a ton of options for mild polishes and it also depends on the machine (recommended), the pads, and what paint protection you’re planning to use.

3D Speed and Blackfire All-In-One are two popular polishes with some protection included. But the protection isn’t that great so I might suggest just a polish with separate paint protection.

Again, there are a ton of polishes but a solid line and may be available locally are the Griot’s BOSS Correcting Creams and pads. I might suggest you get the Correcting Cream and the light polishing and medium polishing BOSS pads. The Correcting Cream should finish down well enough to address the minor scratches and polish out to a nice gloss. You could also follow with their Perfecting Cream but I doubt you’d notice a difference in gloss with the light polishing pad. I’d also recommend the Griot’s G9 as a good machine polisher to get started with. And i’d also recommend using a machine instead of by hand as you’ll get more consistent results.

For protection there are tons of choices but Griot’s Ceramic 3-in-1 is a good sealant that will get you 6 months of protection. Moving up from that I’d recommend Gyeon CanCoat Evo, which is a lite ceramic coating and could get you 12-18 months. For a full ceramic coating, you can’t go wrong with CarPro CQuartz UK.

After polishing, I’d recommend washing the car to get rid of polishing oils if applying a sealant using a car wash that doesn’t have any wax, gloss enhancers, or protection on it.. A ceramic coating usually wants a panel wipe with Gyeon Prep or CarPro Eraser.
    Likes tasdisr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    There are a ton of options for mild polishes and it also depends on the machine (recommended), the pads, and what paint protection you’re planning to use.

3D Speed and Blackfire All-In-One are two popular polishes with some protection included. But the protection isn’t that great so I might suggest just a polish with separate paint protection.

Again, there are a ton of polishes but a solid line and may be available locally are the Griot’s BOSS Correcting Creams and pads. I might suggest you get the Correcting Cream and the light polishing and medium polishing BOSS pads. The Correcting Cream should finish down well enough to address the minor scratches and polish out to a nice gloss. You could also follow with their Perfecting Cream but I doubt you’d notice a difference in gloss with the light polishing pad. I’d also recommend the Griot’s G9 as a good machine polisher to get started with. And i’d also recommend using a machine instead of by hand as you’ll get more consistent results.

For protection there are tons of choices but Griot’s Ceramic 3-in-1 is a good sealant that will get you 6 months of protection. Moving up from that I’d recommend Gyeon CanCoat Evo, which is a lite ceramic coating and could get you 12-18 months. For a full ceramic coating, you can’t go wrong with CarPro CQuartz UK.

After polishing, I’d recommend washing the car to get rid of polishing oils if applying a sealant using a car wash that doesn’t have any wax, gloss enhancers, or protection on it.. A ceramic coating usually wants a panel wipe with Gyeon Prep or CarPro Eraser.
    Thanks for that information! I do have a G9 polisher and I will the Griots a try. The swirls are very minor, but I would rather deal with them sooner than later.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the finishing cream should be fine if swirls are light. Use light arm pressure.

If that doesn’t work try correcting cream. I’ve cleared up some pretty hammered cars with it. Never had to used fast yet…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes tasdisr liked this post

Thread Information