Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Your favorite/can`t live without product for detailing

Fellow Autopia members, I`m well aware that the topic of everyone`s favorite detailing product has been discussed at length before, but I figured it couldn`t hurt to revive the topic once again.

My favorite product at the moment is the Rag Company FTW. I like to use this towel to wipe the paint and exterior glass down with either P&S Paint Gloss or Beadmaker after I blow dry the car. It`s super soft, very absorbent, and 100% smear free.

I look forward to reading your responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your favorite/can`t live without product for detailing

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes sf_car_guy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, Beadmaker.
    I just got some not too long ago, missed most of the initial hype machine.

It`s not the best smelling, but it`s just easy to use and it just works for me. Think it surplanted Duragloss Aquawax for me.

Few years ago it would have been ONR.

Years before that, probably Poorboys Nattys Blue wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably N914 or ech20. Have yet to try feynlab.
    Likes Tc99m, sf_car_guy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I second N914. I use for it from the garage to the bathroom.
    Likes sf_car_guy, glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s not a product, but a "tool": cotton swabs AKA, Q-Tips. Use them for getting into areas that ONLY that tool will do so efficiently, then throw `em away. On an interior-exterior detail, I might go through 50-100 of them easily, depending on how dirty the vehicle is that I am cleaning and detailing. Interiors are where I use them a lot in plastic panel seams, instrument panel seams, cooling/heating vents and louvers (a lot used there), rubber seals folds and troughs/channels, and door hinges and behind door handles and in key locks, or my biggest pet-peave, around switches and dash buttons or knobs, and the shift PRNDL cover in the center console and seat-belt female latches and release button, especially the "PUSH TO UNLOCK" embossed signage. I still think that the time getting into these areas and cleaning them is what separated the so-so detailers from the good detailers. Yes, it is time-consuming and there are the usual comments that nobody sees those areas or even pays attention to them, but I do and when someone tells you their interior looks brand-new, there`s a reason it does: I took the time-&-effort to make it look so.
    GB detailer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Car wash soap and water. Duragloss Rinseless, McKees, Zaino, CarPro, all good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    I second N914. I use for it from the garage to the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Probably N914 or ech20. Have yet to try feynlab.
    N914 is good stuff. I purchased a quart about 6mo ago, and it`s now my go to product for door jambs and waterless wash duties (mostly bird ****). I`m still on the fence about rinseless washing anything other than a slightly dirty car (eg. indoor dust from being parked overnight).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    It`s not a product, but a "tool": cotton swabs AKA, Q-Tips. Use them for getting into areas that ONLY that tool will do so efficiently, then throw `em away. On an interior-exterior detail, I might go through 50-100 of them easily, depending on how dirty the vehicle is that I am cleaning and detailing. Interiors are where I use them a lot in plastic panel seams, instrument panel seams, cooling/heating vents and louvers (a lot used there), rubber seals folds and troughs/channels, and door hinges and behind door handles and in key locks, or my biggest pet-peave, around switches and dash buttons or knobs, and the shift PRNDL cover in the center console and seat-belt female latches and release button, especially the "PUSH TO UNLOCK" embossed signage. I still think that the time getting into these areas and cleaning them is what separated the so-so detailers from the good detailers. Yes, it is time-consuming and there are the usual comments that nobody sees those areas or even pays attention to them, but I do and when someone tells you their interior looks brand-new, there`s a reason it does: I took the time-&-effort to make it look so.
    I too keep a box of q-tips around for tight areas like you mentioned. A lot of people don`t realize how much the little details make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Car wash soap and water. Duragloss Rinseless, McKees, Zaino, CarPro, all good stuff.
    Question regarding CarPro Reset:
    I`m a long time user of Adam`s Car Shampoo, and I`ve heard nothing but good things about Reset. My question is whether it is actually materially better than other nice soaps for far less money? Would be great if anyone who has experience could comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sf_car_guy View Post
    I`m a long time user of Adam`s Car Shampoo, and I`ve heard nothing but good things about Reset. My question is whether it is actually materially better than other nice soaps for far less money? Would be great if anyone who has experience could comment.
    I am curious as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious as well.

Post Thanks / Like

N914 is good stuff. I purchased a quart about 6mo ago, and it`s now my go to product for door jambs and waterless wash duties (mostly bird ****). I`m still on the fence about rinseless washing anything other than a slightly dirty car (eg. indoor dust from being parked overnight).
    If you can bucket wash every time you should. A lot more lubrication from the water. You should only rinseless when you can’t bucket wash.

Now do I follow that recommendation… no, not so worried about a little marring but I should….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes wannafbody, sf_car_guy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do feel as the Reset leaves car cleaner than Adam’s. What’s your LSP though? Car Pro states Reset may degrade waxes and sealants.

Not knocking the Adam’s but I feel the Reset and Tac Systems Mystic Bubble are in a different league.

Bilt Hamber AutoWash cleans as well but gets knocked down a notch for slickness.

Likes tom p., sf_car_guy liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    If you can bucket wash every time you should. A lot more lubrication from the water. You should only rinseless when you can’t bucket wash.

Now do I follow that recommendation… no, not so worried about a little marring but I should….

I`m a bit skeptical that rinseless washing can be micromarring free unless it`s just light dust unless you rinse the car off first with a hose.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information